ADVERTISEMENT

Trump says a witness shouldn't testify before Fulton County grand jury

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
How long does Trump get away with this shit? Until a witness disappears and/or is killed?

I know Chutkan is walking a tightrope here. Trump's running for president and he's got First Amendment rights. But he can't be allowed to repeatedly flout the administration of justice. Witness tampering and/or intimidation is a big effing deal.

If I were Chutkan, I'd issue clear warnings to Trump that if continues this shit he's risking contempt and a revocation of bail. Put the guy under house arrest in Mar-A-Lago for a while until he stops acting like a mob boss and starts behaving like criminal defendants awaiting trial are supposed to behave.

I know Chutkan is walking a tightrope here. Trump's running for president and he's got First Amendment rights. But he can't be allowed to repeatedly flout the administration of justice. Witness tampering and/or intimidation is a big effing deal.

That isn't Chutkan's problem. That will be something for the Georgia judge to deal with.

A couple nights in jail and he might start taking the judges / court rooms more seriously

I'd love to see it, but the best we can probably hope for is house arrest. Making him wear an ankle bracelet would be the icing on the cake.

I got a kick out of Christie over the weekend saying that Trump was "out on bail."

How long does Trump get away with this shit? Until a witness disappears and/or is killed?

If I were Chutkan, I'd issue clear warnings to Trump that if continues this shit he's risking contempt and a revocation of bail. Put the guy under house arrest in Mar-A-Lago for a while until he stops acting like a mob boss and starts behaving like criminal defendants awaiting trial are supposed to behave.

Get away with what? Witness tampering? The article itself said some, not all or most, but some, think it is WT. That means some do not. Trump is a POS, but not stupid. He does it because his attorneys are OK with it because they know SOME think it is illegal while SOME do not. And with no clear legal precedent (I assume), Trump and his attorneys hope for a fight to delay a trial. Just my non-lawyer opinion.

I'd love to see it, but the best we can probably hope for is house arrest. Making him wear an ankle bracelet would be the icing on the cake.

I got a kick out of Christie over the weekend saying that Trump was "out on bail."
I also like Christie's question, "When are we [the Republican Party] going to stop pretending this is normal?"

Get away with what? Witness tampering? The article itself said some, not all or most, but some, think it is WT. That means some do not. Trump is a POS, but not stupid. He does it because his attorneys are OK with it because they know SOME think it is illegal while SOME do not. And with no clear legal precedent (I assume), Trump and his attorneys hope for a fight to delay a trial. Just my non-lawyer opinion.
Trump IS stupid and he ignores his attorneys time and time again. It’s one of the reasons he goes through so many.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Wait. Do you think Trump's going to stop with that comment about Duncan? He's never been able to keep his mouth shut. As he gets more stressed and frustrated with his indictments and growing legal entanglements, he'll ramp up the rhetoric and eventually cross the line where there's no doubt he's engaged in witness tampering and/or intimidation.

Trump IS stupid and he ignores his attorneys time and time again. It’s one of the reasons he goes through so many.

He's been a corrupt POS for over 50 years, hasn't been touched, became President and is a billionaire. Don't think he is stupid.

Wait. Do you think Trump's going to stop with that comment about Duncan? He's never been able to keep his mouth shut. As he gets more stressed and frustrated with his indictments and growing legal entanglements, he'll ramp up the rhetoric and eventually cross the line where there's no doubt he's engaged in witness tampering and/or intimidation.

Maybe. But as I posted to Zeke, he's been this way for over 50 years and has never been touched. Maybe his luck will run out, but it won't be because he tweets.

If you're talking about parole/probation, those sometimes impose other restrictions too, relating to things like contact with criminals, use of internet, leaving the jurisdiction, drug tests etc.

If you're talking about parole/probation, those sometimes impose other restrictions too, relating to things like contact with criminals, use of internet, leaving the jurisdiction, drug tests etc.

Of course. Parole/probation is granted in lieu of jail time. One can accept the terms or do the time; the terms can be damn near anything. Take them or leave them.

Bail conditions are similar. Accept them or wait in jail for your day in court.

Get away with what? Witness tampering? The article itself said some, not all or most, but some, think it is WT. That means some do not. Trump is a POS, but not stupid. He does it because his attorneys are OK with it because they know SOME think it is illegal while SOME do not.

The only person whose opinion matter is the judge's.

The funniest thing would be Trump selling replica ankle bracelets to his rube followers. They would wear them proudly. And they’re stupid enough to think it’s funny/cool.

The funniest thing would be Trump selling replica ankle bracelets to his rube followers. They would wear them proudly. And they’re stupid enough to think it’s funny/cool.
That would be on brand. They already have been selling T-shirts with his "mug shot."

That would be on brand. They already have been selling T-shirts with his "mug shot."
Why doesn’t Trump get a new mug shot with every arrest? Other celebrities get nice, shiny new mug shots when they get arrested, despite having thousands of images available.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT