ADVERTISEMENT

Trump indicted….again

I love how Judge Chutkan is handling Trump so far. Reports are Trump's lawyer got all wound up and loud with her, and she told him to dial it down a notch (or some such phrasing). The April 2026 trial date request -- that the defense would not waver from -- was an insult to all concerned, and she evidently took that into account. A March 24 trial date is the price they paid for fvcking with her. It remains to be seen how she will deal with Trump's never ending postings calling her out.
I heard Trump and his lawyers have requested the trial be held on Feb 31st, which shouldn’t interfere with any previously scheduled events/appearances.

I love how Judge Chutkan is handling Trump so far. Reports are Trump's lawyer got all wound up and loud with her, and she told him to dial it down a notch (or some such phrasing). The April 2026 trial date request -- that the defense would not waver from -- was an insult to all concerned, and she evidently took that into account. A March 24 trial date is the price they paid for fvcking with her. It remains to be seen how she will deal with Trump's never ending postings calling her out.
Nothing to see here. Your communist show trial will be unanimously reversed by SCOTUS.

Nothing to see here. Your communist show trial will be unanimously reversed by SCOTUS.

Hilarious!

"Show trial?" You sound like John Lauro. You have to start working "miscarriage of justice" into your posts. Lol.

I have no idea who Julie Kelly is but math isn't her strong suit. The scheduled trial date is seven months after the indictment. I think at least one adjournment is likely but this case will definitely go to trial within a year and before next fall, as it should.

The indictment is straightforward and the allegations are clearly articulated with factual detail. Smith has already complied with his discovery obligations. Maybe if Trump's legal team spent less time appearing before the media and trying the case in the court of public opinion and more time actually reviewing the discovery they'd be better positioned to proceed in a timely fashion.

Most defendants want a speedy trial. It's a right enshrined in the Sixth Amendment. If Trump were innocent, he'd want the case resolved as expeditiously as possible so he could clear his name and campaign on "Total Exoneration!" But he's guilty as sin - - he knows it, you know it, everyone knows it. That's why he's kicking the can down the road and doing everything he can to delay the inevitable.

Man they are just constantly trying to create fights and the perception they are getting screwed. It’s more than 5 months and no big deal. If they legitimately have more discovery to do I guarantee the judge will roll it. Trump is absolutely exhausting

Here's one account of today's discussion between Trump's attorney and the judge:

And here's a new explanation why Trump and his colleagues may want to get the case out of state court (cameras in the courtroom):

This commentator is also saying that, even if the Georgia case is transferred to federal court, Trump would not have authority to terminate it if he is reelected and the Georgia prosecutors would still control it:

"So for example, if Donald Trump wins in ’24 or some other Republican, he can’t terminate the state prosecution, but it does change things,”

Never read anybody else saying that. Is this correct, lawyers?
If the Georgia case is removed to federal court (it won't be - - Meadows' motion, and any similar motion that Trump might file, will fail), state law would still apply. No "termination," no pardons.

I have no idea who Julie Kelly is but math isn't her strong suit. The scheduled trial date is seven months after the indictment. I think at least one adjournment is likely but this case will definitely go to trial within a year and before next fall, as it should.

Lauro was given multiple opportunities to offer a reasonable trial date and he dug his heels in on the absurd date they initially proposed. If anyone is doing this for "show" it's the defense.

Honestly I don’t know.

I’m astounded that Trump can find any competent lawyers, because his practice is to (1) ignore their advice; (2) do ludicrous things that obviously eff up his case and their reputation; (3) fire his lawyers; (4) refuse to pay them for their work; and (5) throw them under the bus and make them hire their own lawyers.

I have no idea what’s going on inside Team Trump, but he’s obviously nuts.

Best to you.
Well, Trump is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

There's other forums with a much more diverse range of peeps and from more states. Bloom ran Brad off for gawd sakes. Brad was an excellent poster and very neutral. Maybe they want to discontinue the WC or just hear what they wanna hear.
“They” don’t want to discontinue. Bloom isn’t even supposed to be over there abusing his moderator hammer.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Oh no. Trump made 7 mil off his never surrender merch but apparently there’s a legal basis for Fulton county to get it. He may have to SURRENDER his profits too lol. Fulton co wants it to redo their jail which they claim is a wreck. Having seen it featured on 60 days in they ain’t lyin.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Cmon man. Trump was smoking everything at 1 am. I go to bed. 6 in the morning my phones ringing off the hook. Did you see what happened? Wtf. Then all the videos surface Detroit covering windows. Boxes rolling in, people handling the election from both sides saying something went awry. All these ballots were 100% Biden.

Then the Inauguration. If he was so adored why were there 3 layers of barbed wire fence defending him? Coup complete. I know your smarter than that 2002.

I know you laughed at my wef post but damn everything they want is happening. Covid was a hoax. Old timers are like what is going on? Uggghhh

Then we start sending billions to ukraine??? All these politicians and Hollywood show up at zelenskis door? Jesus. Really?

Meanwhile gas skyrockets, interest rates soar, groceries are sky high, supplies are high, the border is whacked. And I sit here and watch some of you turn a blind eye.
"Cmon man. Trump was smoking everything at 1 am. I go to bed. 6 in the morning my phones ringing off the hook. Did you see what happened? Wtf. Then all the videos surface Detroit covering windows. Boxes rolling in, people handling the election from both sides saying something went awry. All these ballots were 100% Biden."

I'll ignore most of the rest of the inanity you posted, like claiming that security measures enacted in the wake of inbreds rioting at the Capitol somehow equates to Biden's popularity with normal people...

As someone who worked election day in the midterms, I can attest to the fact that by late night/early morning people who have been going hard since 5 am are exhausted. I was upset that we were stuck cleaning up till about 8am, since our schedule was only to 6pm and after that we basically worked for free...

I only worked at a relatively small precinct (heavily Republican) and we were stuck counting paper ballots to make sure they tallied with the totals recorded on the electronic tally. I was so wiped out by 8 pm that the last thing on my mind was engaging in vote rigging. I can only imagine how stressed and tired workers in states with huge amounts of uncounted mail/early votes were...

For some reason the Republican Legislatures in states like IN, FL and Ohio all allowed the early votes to be tallied before or shortly after polls closed in those states. We had a month of early mail voting in IN prior to election day, and 2 or 3 days earlier the teams (bi-partisan) tasked with counting votes started tallying the early votes cast up until that point. So when the polls closed on election day, those early totals were the first votes recorded. It was the same in both Ohio and FL on election day in 2020, peobably because those GOP Legislatures weren't worried bout losingand felt they would be able to overcome an early Biden lead...

However GOP Legislatures in states like PA, GA, MI,WI etc... refused to allow early votes to even be counted till after the election day votes were counted and recorded. I assure you had those states employed the same method as IN,Ohio and FL, Trump wouldn't have been "smoking" at 1 am, he'd have been fuming.

Strange how the IN GOP Legislature had no problem with counting mail/early votes first, but their counterparts in PA,MI, WO and elsewhere insisted that the earliest cast ballots be counted LAST. The whole idea was for Trump to be leading and fellow travellers to claim those early votes were fraudulent and were the Dems trying to steal the election. Obviously they know their target audience well, since you posted that very conspiracy theory here 3 years later...

Reactions: zeke4ahs
It’s not political y’all. Stop saying that it is.

Both the Dem and GOP are PRIVATE entities who choose their own method of engaging in a nominating process. Election day is set forth in the Constitution, Super Tues is not. Judge Chutkin is no more bound to take the GOP's primary schedule into consideration than she would be to take any other crook's personal schedule under advisement when scheduling his/her trial date.

He does himself no favors with these unhinged rants. Yet, his followers think he makes sense and is some sort of hero. It’s incomprehensible.
I live in the mountains of North Carolina. His cult consists mainly of religious fanatics, uneducated rednecks, and racists. Trump is a symptom of the problem. They are the real danger to the country. And they have infiltrated into all aspects of society. We are in jeopardy of losing our democracy.

• Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw
I live in the mountains of North Carolina. His cult consists mainly of religious fanatics, uneducated rednecks, and racists. Trump is a symptom of the problem. They are the real danger to the country. And they have infiltrated into all aspects of society. We are in jeopardy of losing our democracy.
It’s not just a cult, it’s Cult 45. Plus it sounds way cooler.

It’s not just a cult, it’s Cult 45. Plus it sounds way cooler.
Bidens America...Maybe get a grip. Heres your lost democracy.

Saw this the other day.

The big beautiful multibillion dollar wall. Breached with 20 bucks worth of plastic milk crates.

FpBo1Yb.jpg

I don't disagree but that "losing our democracy" argument falls on deaf ears with many Trump loyalists. You see it here. Some deny the existence of a democratic framework in government and insist that the country is strictly a constitutional republic. Others may acknowledge our representative democracy but don't value it. They're all-in on strongman rule, as long as it's their strongman.

And people wonder why Trump's poll numbers keep increasing. But the libs will defend this.

He was planning to be in DC on Jan 6th, it's just that he was in jail already, for the flag burning at the BLM protest. So his underlings carried out his plan.

If you hire someone to kill your wife, then yes you murdered her, even if you were not there doing the shooting.

His sentencing also reflects his long record. This was his 3rd felony conviction. In 2004 Tarrio was convicted of theft. In 2012 he was convicted of theft, larcency, and distribution of stolen property. With cooperation, he was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison for strike #2.

What are your thoughts on "3 strikes you're out" for convicted felons? I guess it depends on whether they politically align with you or not.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
And people wonder why Trump's poll numbers keep increasing. But the libs will defend this.

Are you seriously defending this racist criminal? Who’s going to have sympathy for the guy other than other criminals and racists? WTF is wrong with you?

You former Republican, current Trumpster fanatics just aren’t understandable.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Charlie Kirk is anyone I'd want to emulate. He is a community college dropout with the intelligence of a rock who literally went on a rant about women like Michelle Obama, Sheila Jackson Lee, KBJ and Joy Reid...

Michelle has her undergrad from Princeton and JD from Harvard Law, Jackson Lee has an AB from Yale and JD from UVA, KBJ has both her undergrad and JD from Harvard and Joy Reid is not a lawyer, but has an AB from Harvard... Maybe these women thru Affirmative Action replaced various legacy candidates in gaining an Ivy League admit, but they primarily have prestigious law degrees that they earned after AA opened the door...

I guess Community College dropout Chuckie evidently assumes they took his slot? He sure is bitter, and it sure is strange how he focusses his ire on women of color with great educational achievements. Which of course just illustrates how ignorant he was on the fact that while AA opened the door, the accepted candidate still had to do the work.

It's not just blatantly racist and ignorant, but it's ludicrous coming from someone who couldn't even complete community college...

I guess not everyone can have the intellectual skills of an MTG, Lauren Boebert, or Tommy Tubberville, just to name a few of very many examples...

Reactions: Morrison
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT