ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Offers/Visits

Fenny72

Freshman
Aug 19, 2002
Looks like we have some decent visits/offers out to players in the portal. I'm sure someone else can pull a better/more complete list, but saw these on Twitter. Multiple LBs makes me think MM is likely going pro. I saw a post that Hendershot was leaving too, would assume to the draft. I would love if both MM and PH came back for one more year. Would be a horrible season for both of them to go out.

Offers:
UNLV LB Jacoby Windmon
FIU WR transfer Tyrese Chambers

Visits
Miami FL transfer LB Bradley Jennings Jr

Go IU!

Looks like we have some decent visits/offers out to players in the portal. I'm sure someone else can pull a better/more complete list, but saw these on Twitter. Multiple LBs makes me think MM is likely going pro. I saw a post that Hendershot was leaving too, would assume to the draft. I would love if both MM and PH came back for one more year. Would be a horrible season for both of them to go out.

Offers:
UNLV LB Jacoby Windmon

Visits

Go IU!
Here's a good site to browse....you have to look at 2022 transfers---can do so by school, position

Offers:
UNLV LB Jacoby Windmon

Visits

Go IU!
Chambers had over 1,000 yds receiving! Also has offers from Cuse & pu

Reactions: 76-1 and 82hoosier
Chambers had over 1,000 yds receiving! Also has offers from Cuse & pu
6-1, 185
He has been around a bit, 2 Jucos, Sacred Hart, entered the portal and Committed to UTSA, then changed to FIU, now in the portal again.

First enrolling at Tyler Junior College in Texas for a semester and then transferring to Fort Scott Community College in Kansas. After redshirting his freshman year at two different junior colleges, an FCS program in the Sacred Heart Pioneers, offered Chambers a scholarship. He caught 51 passes for 811 yards and eight touchdowns in just 11 games.
Following his breakout season with Sacred Heart, Chambers decided it was time to enter the transfer portal, and the interest from FBS programs came in. He was receiving offers from UTSA, Ball State, Coastal Carolina, Toledo, and UTEP. Initially, Tyrese committed to UTSA in July of 2020, but would later decommit his offer. Instead, he signed with FIU in December during the early signing period.

6-1, 185
He has been around a bit, 2 Jucos, Sacred Hart, entered the portal and Committed to UTSA, then changed to FIU, now in the portal again.

First enrolling at Tyler Junior College in Texas for a semester and then transferring to Fort Scott Community College in Kansas. After redshirting his freshman year at two different junior colleges, an FCS program in the Sacred Heart Pioneers, offered Chambers a scholarship. He caught 51 passes for 811 yards and eight touchdowns in just 11 games.
Following his breakout season with Sacred Heart, Chambers decided it was time to enter the transfer portal, and the interest from FBS programs came in. He was receiving offers from UTSA, Ball State, Coastal Carolina, Toledo, and UTEP. Initially, Tyrese committed to UTSA in July of 2020, but would later decommit his offer. Instead, he signed with FIU in December during the early signing period.
Which reminds me….. Does Juan Harris have any eligibility left? ;)

Offers:
UNLV LB Jacoby Windmon

Visits

Go IU!
There will be more than 1 Jennings here this weekend, along with a couple names everyone might remember from past recruiting cycles

Process has started
Having the process started really means nothing. Google interview process can take six months while other companies take just a couple of weeks to make a hiring decision. So, in my opinion, the stated concern is still valid.

Having the process started really means nothing. Google interview process can take six months while other companies take just a couple of weeks to make a hiring decision. So, in my opinion, the stated concern is still valid.

If you think this thing is gonna take months to get a new OC in here, you're fooling yourself. It may take a little time, but that's because Allen wants to get this right.

We're gonna have options, and good ones at that. This is a desirable job.

If you think this thing is gonna take months to get a new OC in here, you're fooling yourself. It may take a little time, but that's because Allen wants to get this right.

We're gonna have options, and good ones at that. This is a desirable job
Where did you hear coaches view this as a desirable job?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Where did you hear coaches view this as a desirable job?

If you think coaches don't view this as a desirable job just because of one bad year, your bias is showing.

Wommack and Deboer both got head coaching gigs, with Deboer now a power 5 coach only what, 2 years removed? We're paying competitive wages at a power 5 level.

It's been proven that if you're competent and know your stuff, you can win here. Up until this year, Allen had a winning record. One bad year isn't gonna scare competent coaches away.

If you think coaches don't view this as a desirable job just because of one bad year, your bias is showing.

Wommack and Deboer both got head coaching gigs, with Deboer now a power 5 coach only what, 2 years removed? We're paying competitive wages at a power 5 level.

It's been proven that if you're competent and know your stuff, you can win here. Up until this year, Allen had a winning record. One bad year isn't gonna scare competent coaches away.

Damn it man, don't you know that all is doom and gloom.
TA is a clown. IU a sh#t show.
You evidently didn't get the memo!! 😁

Wonder if staff has been in contact with guys that we went down to the wire with but committed elsewhere? Allen,Spells, the DL that committed to Penn State come to mind - they maybe be solid and a waste of valuable time for the staff but wondering nonetheless

Any thoughts about Craig Young from OSU. We recruited him hard, iirc. From FT Wayne and a hybrid athlete that could be a good fit for us. Hope he doesn't end up in Black and Gold! VBG!

Reactions: iueyedoc99
Looks like Charlton's recruiting might be helping! Also, would think that Ryder would have said a good word to two Ole Miss DL, about the defense and Coach Allen.
First thought I had was Ryder Anderson must be a good dude and had to have helped speak well of IU if two former teammates committed from the DL!

*BTW. Does anyone know what happened to the safety from Ole Miss who also transferred to IU? Fee like never saw him? Did he get injured/lost for season? Or did he leave before ever settling down at IU?

First thought I had was Ryder Anderson must be a good dude and had to have helped speak well of IU if two former teammates committed from the DL!

*BTW. Does anyone know what happened to the safety from Ole Miss who also transferred to IU? Fee like never saw him? Did he get injured/lost for season? Or did he leave before ever settling down at IU?
Roster notes said he appeared in 4 games.

Man I don’t remember him or him making much of an impact. And anyone know if he was a grad transfer (was his one year only at IU) or has more eligibility ahead?
The IndyStar article (8/12/21) from when he came here said he was a grad transfer.
“Haynes, a 5-11, 205-pound safety comes to Bloomington as a graduate transfer after playing two seasons at Ole Miss. Haynes was a three-star recruit out of Jones College in Ellisville, Miss.
The senior is using his extra year of eligibility granted by the NCAA because of the COVID-19 pandemic to join the Hoosiers.”

Peny Boone is apparently transferring as well. It seems like he was someone that we recruited if memory serves me correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT