ADVERTISEMENT

This ain’t the IU of old

So I try googling Cooper Sherrod, and another player, Sherrod Cooper, kept popping up. Bizarre name similarity. But I couldn't quite reconcile an african american player who played safety with the kid in this thread.

Many of the recruits visiting have stated about the bright future of IUFB. Coach Cignetti & staff are definitely changing the recruiting attitude. Folks the landscape is changing. Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
I am excited and Coach has me believing but like Charlie Brown, I have had the football moved too many times!
A new coach usually brings in hope and optimism as is the case with CCC. I’m all in with the new coaching staff and I think they will make us competitive and respectable but time will tell. I’m hoping the attitude, experience and the fact that most have worked together is what puts us in a better place than other new regimes.

A new coach usually brings in hope and optimism as is the case with CCC. I’m all in with the new coaching staff and I think they will make us competitive and respectable but time will tell. I’m hoping the attitude, experience and the fact that most have worked together is what puts us in a better place than other new regimes.
The one thing I feel confident in is with the players and coaches he brought with him, they aren't needing to spend nearly as much time establishing a new system in the program. They bring a big chunk of talent that already knows both the O and D. Having those players in the room helping coach the new or holdover talent with or without the coaches will also speed things up.

I can't realistically predict a win total but I do expect we'll be able to visually notice a vast improvement in game to game competitiveness. It may result in a large improvement in our wins and losses but only time will tell.

I have not felt this way since Hep was named coach. I still think he would have made us competitive but....
My hope is this time they (Dolson) got it right!

bringing most of his old staff with him is huge

I have not felt this way since Hep was named coach. I still think he would have made us competitive but....
My hope is this time they (Dolson) got it right!
I would agree. I find it hard to point at any one thing he has done that justifies my logic as it really seems to be a collection of things that have invoked confidence. We'll see if it's all false hope or not.

However, if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, I would say the gun seems like a bit much considering the topic.....but also, I would answer by saying our hope has changed because of his ability to overly express his confidence. Not just long-term expectations like Hep made but his first words after landing in Indy was that IU would be in Lucas Oil playing in the B1G title game NEXT season. When our roster was completely dismantled at the time. ha I mean.... that's how you have to go about changing the mentality of a dormant program like IU.

We'd be buying the same blather if it was coming out of Tom Allen or Ryan Walters if they were 1st year coaches at IU.
The difference is Cignetti has turned programs around before. He knows what he's doing and what he's saying. It has substance, whereas Allen and Walters are just talking, building houses of straw.

I look at Jerry Kill's success at Minny as a similar situation.
Before the health concerns, I remember him bringing in his staff from the start.
I also remember thinking that an intact staff is an advantage.
Go Hoosiers! I'm getting old. Running out of time. Need to win now.
Massive grin!
Double DITTO!
Coach Cignetti has been there done that. Not a paper lion.

This coaching staff has fewer questions than any since the 2019 season and I can see every position being better due to the coaching. It is fun being exciting about IUFB again and I hope most fans feel the same way I do right now.
This is true. I am also excited about IU football. Why not have some fun with it until they prove otherwise?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT