ADVERTISEMENT

The U.S. had the highest rate of people struggling to afford enough food to feed themselves and their families of all G7 countries in 2023

That’s just simply wrong. Do it regularly for meal prep. You can make 5 lunch salads for like $20 Big Mac runs at least $5, a meal 12+.

The overwhelming majority of fruits, vegetables and white meat are very affordable.

You can’t blame corporations for the fatty problem.
It’s not wrong. And you can’t make a week’s worth of salads for $20. At least you can’t make salads with any real filling, nutritional value that would meet any recommended daily dietary recommendations for $20/week.

This article/chart is old, but it hasn’t changed much.

I spent a good chunk of my professional career advocating for better healthy food policies. Food scarcity and prices are huge contributors to poor health outcomes. I’m not going to argue with you about this, because what you don’t appear to know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: cosmickid
It’s not wrong. And you can’t make a week’s worth of salads for $20. At least you can’t make salads with any real filling, nutritional value.

I spent a good chunk of my professional career advocating for better healthy food policies. Food scarcity and prices are huge contributors to poor health outcomes. I’m not going to argue with you about this, because what you don’t appear to know what you’re talking about.
Let me guess you were the one that said ketchup is nutritious and put it on my kids menu at school.

Reactions: DANC
It’s not wrong. And you can’t make a week’s worth of salads for $20. At least you can’t make salads with any real filling, nutritional value that would meet any recommended daily dietary recommendations for $20/week.

It’s just wrong. This is the salad I prepare more or less.

Cheaper than getting a Big Mac meal ever day by far.

Reactions: DANC

Like I said, I’m not going to argue with you about this. Whether you’ll admit it or not, you’re massively wrong to discount food scarcity, subsidies and pricing when it comes to health outcomes in this country.

I do find it hard to believe you buy enough ingredients to make that salad every day for a week for $20.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You are dumber than a bag of dildos.

Where do you think savings goes? Stuffed in mattresses?
Cant have a discussion without being an asshole? Says more about you than me.

Yachts, extra houses, prostitutes. Last thing they do is pass it on.

Trickle down economics was nothing but bull shit created by republicans that had sold out to wealthy people who made large campaign donations in exchange for financially beneficial policies.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and Ohio Guy

Trickle down economics was nothing but bull shit created by republicans that had sold out to wealthy people who made large campaign donations in exchange for financially beneficial policies.
Yeah - drive around REALLY affluent neighborhoods to see where a large chunk of that savings goes. Tear down/build ups don’t do a ton to help poor/disadvantaged communities.

Or a more direct rebuke to his point is to look at CEO salary increases vs middle class median incomes. The top crust wealthy are not passing those tax cut savings onto anyone.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yeah - drive around REALLY affluent neighborhoods to see where a large chunk of that savings goes. Tear down/build ups don’t do a ton to help poor/disadvantaged communities.

Or a more direct rebuke to his point is to look at CEO salary increases vs middle class median incomes. The top crust wealthy are not passing those tax cut savings onto anyone.
The difference between the haves and have nots has grown exponentially. The middle class decreases as jobs get shipped overseas so the wealthy can squeeze as much profit as possible.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
There are a few people here, hickory and dr hoops for me, who it serves no purpose to engage.

It’s like if you trained a chimp to repeat about 20 phrases and then tried to debate it. There’s nothing to gain. There’s no point in wasting your time.
Include Bowelmania and Aloha in that. Their single-minded posting on Trump is just a waste of time.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Just stfu...Youre clueless. God Jesus help this person. **** taxes 1000%, F*ck it. Any person that owned a business is guilty of laundering and tax fraud. If they say otherwise they are lying. That's up to them. They earned it and you don't deserve any of it. What they do with it is their business. And f*ck the IRS for sticking their nose in any of it. The god damned politicians get away with murder, MURDER and who knows what else, so just shut it you a$$hole!

We give oil companies and big businesses too many subsidies but you cry about feeding hungry children? Typical gop talking point,they wo

You rather give old companies and big businesses subsidies than feed American children. Your graph does not show here like high-poverty areas like Inner Cities, Appalachia, and the Deep South. What kind of food was given, usually cheap food, not healthy food which is more expensive.
Oil companies and big businesses do feed children. Lots of them. Try working and providing for your family - the check comes from them.

Funny - I've never been given a check by a poor person

I am saying there are a lot of hungry children in America, but you want to give subsidies to the rich, who already have enough.
Do you know what happens when you subsidize something?

You get more of it. Google it.

Did @UncleMark delete himself from this post?
UncleMark, while being hopelessly lost in Never-Never Land, actually posts humor and subjects other than Orange Man. Yes, he's hopelessly duped, but he's not repeating the same thing ad nauseum about him.

Even HIckory can post coherently on the football board without showing his ignorance.

What preferential treatment? What are you talking about? Are you so racist you do not want black or brown people to have anything? Our schools are poor, low-wage, jobs poor, and housing poor. You cut off programs to help the poor. You gerrymander districts to cut off black representation. You suppress the votes You do not know what you are talking about, only the crumbs from the table.
Are your schools poor? Or is your student quality poor? Most city school districts spend more per pupil than their surrounding suburbs, with worse results.

I don't know how you legislate a quiet home, with attentive parents that place an emphasis on delayed gratification, respect and education. When you find out, let me know.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
The facts in the link he provided to you that you evidently didn't read.
Are you talking about the link with the salad he makes and claims he can make a week’s worth of salads for $20? I did reply to that.

I’m curious why you think it was evident I didn’t read it. Please explain. Did you read the link I provided? Did you read anything I wrote beyond what you quoted?

Are you talking about the link with the salad he makes and claims he can make a week’s worth of salads for $20? I did reply to that.

I’m curious why you think it was evident I didn’t read it. Please explain. Did you read the link I provided? Did you read anything I wrote beyond what you quoted?
No, it was another subject, but it's not worth my time to go back and look it up.

I just saw your reply and you addressed nothing in the link - you just blew it off.

Dude you literally posted a recipe from someone called "lakseshore Lady" to butress your point about the poor having the same access to nutritious food as everyone else. Check out those pics. Does she look like someone who lives in a food desert with no car, no actual grocery store within walking distance, and in the case of Indy no decent public transit to provide transportation to whichever discount grocery you shop in?

Go down to the area of S Keystone on the East side of Indy, around I-70. Tell me how many fast food joints, convenience stores and liquor stores you see densely packed together. Now tell me how many grocery stores (like an Aldi or Kroger) you see within walking distance of some of those neighborhoods...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Ohio Guy
No, it was another subject, but it's not worth my time to go back and look it up.

I just saw your reply and you addressed nothing in the link - you just blew it off.
This is the most half-assed call out in the history of this forum. You saw something I posted and had a knee jerk reaction to it. It wasn’t another subject.

And I did blow off his salad claim because it was at best exaggerated and at worst stupid.

Dude you literally posted a recipe from someone called "lakseshore Lady" to butress your point about the poor having the same access to nutritious food as everyone else. Check out those pics. Does she look like someone who lives in a food desert with no car, no actual grocery store within walking distance, and in the case of Indy no decent public transit to provide transportation to whichever discount grocery you shop in?

Go down to the area of S Keystone on the East side of Indy, around I-70. Tell me how many fast food joints, convenience stores and liquor stores you see densely packed together. Now tell me how many grocery stores (like an Aldi or Kroger) you see within walking distance of some of those neighborhoods...

It’s tragic that progressive run cities are so crime ridden that grocery stores in some neighborhoods decide to close up and leave.

It still doesn’t mean that Ohio Guys point that eating fast food every day is is cheaper than buying healthy groceries is a stupid lie.

It’s tragic that progressive run cities are so crime ridden that grocery stores in some neighborhoods decide to close up and leave.

It still doesn’t mean that Ohio Guys point that eating fast food every day is is cheaper than buying healthy groceries is a stupid lie.
Yes and the lib mind blames the grocery store

So if you live in those neighborhoods you can't drive to lower cost stores like Aldi and Kroger?

How many people do you see in poor neighborhoods walking with their groceries? Give me a break.

But no, we need to continue to poor money into people who are too lazy to get in their car and drive 2 miles.

This is the most half-assed call out in the history of this forum. You saw something I posted and had a knee jerk reaction to it. It wasn’t another subject.

And I did blow off his salad claim because it was at best exaggerated and at worst stupid.
OK, so if it was about a salad, where is YOUR calculation that it's more expensive to make your own?

That salad had some expensive stuff in it. Sweet potato, apple, chicken breast. You buy all that you’ll be out $7 maybe even $8.
Ohio Guy would make a great plantation owner - always looking out for the welfare of his investments.

That salad had some expensive stuff in it. Sweet potato, apple, chicken breast. You buy all that you’ll be out $7 maybe even $8.

Have a dear friend who has taken up eating a salad for lunch in an attempt to lose weight.

Unfortunately he loads the salad with high calorie dressing and rewards himself by having a big dinner after consuming a few beers during happy hour.

Have a dear friend who has taken up eating a salad for lunch in an attempt to lose weight.

Unfortunately he loads the salad with high calorie dressing and rewards himself by having a big dinner after consuming a few beers during happy hour.
Yeah, I drink diet drinks so I can eat more. lol

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The rich invest their money in such a way as to provide jobs and improve productivity which raises wages.

Some of them, even though finding ways to avoid paying taxes, still end up paying taxes which helps government provide programs for the less affluent.

If we tax our rich too heavily they will simply take their bags of money and move elsewhere. Unfortunately American businesses and labor are already losing some our rich investors.
wrong, the rich don't give a damn about the poor,they like trump is all lies.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT