ADVERTISEMENT

The Music Thread

Saw Tedeschi Trucks Band last night in St Augustine. Purely indescribable, one of those “you had to be there” shows. Here’s a clip from someone that had a better seat than me. For the Allman Bros’ fans, starting at the 5:00 mark you’re in for a treat.

I had a one night stand, with my best friends baby sister.

Not sure where y'all are in this thread... But this lyrics needs to be considered to be in the top 50 of country songs, ever.

He still wont speak to me.

I'd rate this a pretty good cover. The guitar outro is fire...

Had a buddy at IU who every kegger would get drunk and at some point lyp sinc to this in the floor lounge. Complete with scarf and Mick mannerisms. I think it was the version from Ya Yas, and while this is also MSG not sure if it is that exact show...

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

@cosmickid, I was sitting at home in Easter afternoon and my buddy that lives in Phoenix texts me to ask if I had any plans for the evening. It was his way of reminding me that I don’t want to miss the E Street Band on this tour. I got on Ticketmaster and $500 and an hour later I was on my way to Chase Center.

They opened with Light of Day, above. The show had a strong vibe of finality to it, with hints of being their last tour. Great show, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid

@cosmickid, I was sitting at home in Easter afternoon and my buddy that lives in Phoenix texts me to ask if I had any plans for the evening. It was his way of reminding me that I don’t want to miss the E Street Band on this tour. I got on Ticketmaster and $500 and an hour later I was on my way to Chase Center.

They opened with Light of Day, above. The show had a strong vibe of finality to it, with hints of being their last tour. Great show, though.
That reminds me of my whirlwind trip to Shea for the final night of the Rising tour in Oct 2003. I worked for United at the time which meant I could fly standby. I had the means to get to NYC, bt I didn't have a ticket for the show..

I also didn't have a computer, so I went to the Bloomington library, got on ticketmaster and was able to snag a last minute drop for the show. It was still Indian summer in Indiana, so I was wearing shorts. I drove to Indy flew standby on a United Express flight to National, and from there was able to grab a connection to LaGuardia.

I thought I was going to die on that flight to National, as I was wedged in between two pretty hefty people and the plane seemed to literally shake as we landed. I was gripping the armrest so tightly that it was embarrassing

I didn't really have time to contemplate the terror of that flight and the miracle I was not in pieces in wreckage strewn acorss the VA countryside somewhere, because there was only a single flight to LaGuardia that would get me there in time for the show. And it was booked solid and was literally on the verge of taking off when they found me a seat. I literally had to run across the tarmac and make my way onto a full plane.

Then I got the biggest shock because I arrived in New York and it was cold. Not just chilly, but icy drizzle and bone chilling cold. It was like the 3rd of Oct in NYC and I was not prepared for that type of unexpected cold. I hadn't even checked the weather in NY because it had been in the 70s when I left Indiana, so the 30 degree change in temperature was a shock to my system. It probably wouldn't have been quite as bad without the freezing rain/sleet, but at most I had a light jacket and nothing to help me stay dry.

I knew I had a seat on the floor level a ways back, but I had miscalculated how far back I actually was.They had setup wooden folding chairs behind the Pit and the regular GA but as soon as I got to my seat I realzied that trying to sit and see over all the folks standing in GA was going to be impossible. I think I spent my time shivering and trying to stay as dry as possible, but weather wise it was truly a nightmare.

After coming all that way I was determined to make it thru the show. I don't remember a lot of deatils about the setlist, it was more of an event that people wanted to be a part of.There were some rarities like opening with Code of Silence into Rendezvous that you'd expect on a tour finale in NYC.Lots of rumours that Dylan was going to show up, but I didn't really expect it. But suddenly near the end of the encore Bruce introduces Bob and they launch into Highway 61.

And it was a trainwreck...

I couldn't hear anything , but assumed it was because I was so far back.But I've subsequently read a review on a Dylan forum where they basically said that it seemed Bob's mike wasn't working, and rather than the intended duet it was basically Bruce watching Bob stumble his way thru, mumbling repeat verses and the band just seemed totally lost.

Afterwards as Bob is exiting he and Bruce shared a laugh like "Man we really ****ed that up". I could vaguely see the two of them on stage, but from where I was you couldn't hear anything during that song. Bruce then gave a short speech about how important Bob was to his career and how much it meant to Bruce to have Bob there on that night. The band then did LOHAD,Twist and Shout before closing the show (and the tour) with an emotional performance of Blood Brothers...

I think it's the only time I've heard Blood Brothers live in person. I ended up catching the bus back to LaGuardia and spent the night trying to sleep in the airport before catching a flight home the next morning.

Anyway that's what your describing scrambling for last minute tickets reminded me of...

That reminds me of my whirlwind trip to Shea for the final night of the Rising tour in Oct 2003. I worked for United at the time which meant I could fly standby. I had the means to get to NYC, bt I didn't have a ticket for the show..

I also didn't have a computer, so I went to the Bloomington library, got on ticketmaster and was able to snag a last minute drop for the show. It was still Indian summer in Indiana, so I was wearing shorts. I drove to Indy flew standby on a United Express flight to National, and from there was able to grab a connection to LaGuardia.

I thought I was going to die on that flight to National, as I was wedged in between two pretty hefty people and the plane seemed to literally shake as we landed. I was gripping the armrest so tightly that it was embarrassing

I didn't really have time to contemplate the terror of that flight and the miracle I was not in pieces in wreckage strewn acorss the VA countryside somewhere, because there was only a single flight to LaGuardia that would get me there in time for the show. And it was booked solid and was literally on the verge of taking off when they found me a seat. I literally had to run across the tarmac and make my way onto a full plane.

Then I got the biggest shock because I arrived in New York and it was cold. Not just chilly, but icy drizzle and bone chilling cold. It was like the 3rd of Oct in NYC and I was not prepared for that type of unexpected cold. I hadn't even checked the weather in NY because it had been in the 70s when I left Indiana, so the 30 degree change in temperature was a shock to my system. It probably wouldn't have been quite as bad without the freezing rain/sleet, but at most I had a light jacket and nothing to help me stay dry.

I knew I had a seat on the floor level a ways back, but I had miscalculated how far back I actually was.They had setup wooden folding chairs behind the Pit and the regular GA but as soon as I got to my seat I realzied that trying to sit and see over all the folks standing in GA was going to be impossible. I think I spent my time shivering and trying to stay as dry as possible, but weather wise it was truly a nightmare.

After coming all that way I was determined to make it thru the show. I don't remember a lot of deatils about the setlist, it was more of an event that people wanted to be a part of.There were some rarities like opening with Code of Silence into Rendezvous that you'd expect on a tour finale in NYC.Lots of rumours that Dylan was going to show up, but I didn't really expect it. But suddenly near the end of the encore Bruce introduces Bob and they launch into Highway 61.

And it was a trainwreck...

I couldn't hear anything , but assumed it was because I was so far back.But I've subsequently read a review on a Dylan forum where they basically said that it seemed Bob's mike wasn't working, and rather than the intended duet it was basically Bruce watching Bob stumble his way thru, mumbling repeat verses and the band just seemed totally lost.

Afterwards as Bob is exiting he and Bruce shared a laugh like "Man we really ****ed that up". I could vaguely see the two of them on stage, but from where I was you couldn't hear anything during that song. Bruce then gave a short speech about how important Bob was to his career and how much it meant to Bruce to have Bob there on that night. The band then did LOHAD,Twist and Shout before closing the show (and the tour) with an emotional performance of Blood Brothers...

I think it's the only time I've heard Blood Brothers live in person. I ended up catching the bus back to LaGuardia and spent the night trying to sleep in the airport before catching a flight home the next morning.

Anyway that's what your describing scrambling for last minute tickets reminded me of...
I think I originally picked this album up in a discount bin in a grocery store for like 99 cents...

My roomate freshman year at IU had this on 8 track and I think it imprinted in my brain...

"I just wanna hear some rhythm and blues music, on the radio..."

I think I originally picked this album up in a discount bin in a grocery store for like 99 cents...

My roomate freshman year at IU had this on 8 track and I think it imprinted in my brain...

"I just wanna hear some rhythm and blues music, on the radio..."

And now for something completely different...How about this for a guilty pleasure...

I got this album for Christmas or my birthday circa 1966 when I was 11 or 12 yrs old...

I didn't really understand a lot of the terminology at the time, and it was the first time I ever heard of Green Berets...

I didn't just know the title cut which was everywhere on the radio. I knew the whole album. This was a favorite. The drunken soldier's lament

Self explanatory. Soldier looking for a good time, meets beautiful girl, falls in love, get's drunk and wakes up the next morning to find the girl and his wallet gone...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT