ADVERTISEMENT

The Music Thread

@cosmickid, I was sitting at home in Easter afternoon and my buddy that lives in Phoenix texts me to ask if I had any plans for the evening. It was his way of reminding me that I don’t want to miss the E Street Band on this tour. I got on Ticketmaster and $500 and an hour later I was on my way to Chase Center.

They opened with Light of Day, above. The show had a strong vibe of finality to it, with hints of being their last tour. Great show, though.
So Sun was the show in Columbus that I'd normally be camped in the Pit for. I had to cancel after my heart issues flared up, first ESB tour I've missed in 20+ yrs...

My friend went and messaged me during the show. This show had been cancelled twice, and the first time she drove all the way to Columbus only to get there and find out Bruce had covid. So obviously he wanted to make amends and give fans a special show. He opened with Youngstown into Lonesome Day, and my friend was over the moon. She got home at 3am Mon morning,and it took her all day yesterday to recover.

Close to 3 hours, a 30 song set. Came out blasting, and his voice sounded strong and powerful here right from the start. I love how the excitment builds during the walkout, and while he's probably opened with Youngstown previously, I'm not aware of when that might be. I don't think he's played it at any of the 30 shows I've attended...

More rarities- Streets of Fire into I'm Going Down. Another really strong vocal on SOF,and Jake nails his sax solo on Going Down...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT