ADVERTISEMENT

"The defense just didn't finish."

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
Once again - LEO.

On a related note how much would Indiana have to pay to hire an assistant coach that can teach the fundamentals of tackling to the defensive secondary. Might even have to introduce it to the spring powder puff touch football game next year.

Last edited:
The regression of the defense has been startling this year. After the OSU game to start the season, I think a lot of us thought that our defense could be somewhere in the top half of the B!G. But after the last few weeks, its fair to say we have the worst defense in the conference.

Some of the more egrergious displays of bad defensive play yesterday included:

1. Defensive linemen looking like they are slowing dancing with O-linemen instead of putting on a pass rush. Either we were completely outmatched or giving piss poor effort - maybe both.
2. We gave up 2 touchdowns because were swiping at the football instead of wrapping up the ball carrier - terrible technique!
3. The amount of cushion are DBs were giving on pass plays was ridiculous. The MSU QB is an average passer at best. Why give him easy yards and allow him to gain confidence?

I've gone back to turning the channel when our defense is on the field - just like the Cam era and early CKW era - just can't watch it anymore!

The regression of the defense has been startling this year. After the OSU game to start the season, I think a lot of us thought that our defense could be somewhere in the top half of the B!G. But after the last few weeks, its fair to say we have the worst defense in the conference.

Some of the more egrergious displays of bad defensive play yesterday included:

1. Defensive linemen looking like they are slowing dancing with O-linemen instead of putting on a pass rush. Either we were completely outmatched or giving piss poor effort - maybe both.
2. We gave up 2 touchdowns because were swiping at the football instead of wrapping up the ball carrier - terrible technique!
3. The amount of cushion are DBs were giving on pass plays was ridiculous. The MSU QB is an average passer at best. Why give him easy yards and allow him to gain confidence?

I've gone back to turning the channel when our defense is on the field - just like the Cam era and early CKW era - just can't watch it anymore!
has definitely regressed.

Indiana only gave up a little over 300 total yards yesterday. That is certainly lost in the defeat, but still, that's a really good stat in today's modern game.

I'm not taking up for Allen one bit. That said, the Kevin Wilson defenses under Mallory and Knorr, often gave that up through 2.5 quarters. Allen is just a mediocre game day coach and the close losses point back to him.

Reactions: ESalum86
Indiana only gave up a little over 300 total yards yesterday. That is certainly lost in the defeat, but still, that's a really good stat in today's modern game.

I'm not taking up for Allen one bit. That said, the Kevin Wilson defenses under Mallory and Knorr, often gave that up through 2.5 quarters. Allen is just a mediocre game day coach and the close losses point back to him.
MSU offense is garbage. Allowing that many passing yards was very poor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT