ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Ten is canceling all non-conference football games this fall

Secondly, the United States had a 0% percent chance of every being invaded or having its freedom threatened by the Axis. If there was a percentage less than 0, I'd go for it.

that's like saying a covid outbreak in China is no threat to the United States, an ocean away.

and who knows if an Axis of Germany, Italy, and Japan, would grow much stronger with the conquering of Europe, Russia, the far east, and the oil of the middle east and north Africa, or much weaker due to biting off more than they could chew.

in the short term they would have over extended themselves, but two generations later with 2 generations knowing nothing but being "Germans" and raised under German "history" as told by the victors, who knows how powerful a force that would be.

and had the Germans developed "the bomb" first, everything changes that very instant.

Last edited:
He didn't wear a mask because Dr. Fauci said, at the time, that facemasks were not effective.
Do you seriously believe that President Trump doesn't wear a mask because he heard conflicting opinions about the effectiveness of masks three months ago, even though there has been universal agreement from scientists that they do help for months now?

The man doesn't listen to the CIA, FBI, generals, scientists, academics, allies, etc., but, according to you, he is insistent that Dr. Fauci was right with his statement about masks in March. Also, experts discouraged people from purchasing masks to ensure that first responders would have access. Had the President warned everyone to wear masks, the selfish Constitutionalists of today would be the selfish mask-hoarding survivalists of an alternate reality. Remarkably, it's the same gene.

If you're going to blame him for the politicization, then credit him for keeping the number of deaths well below the 2 million originally projected. Why don't we ever hear about that now? I can just as easily say it's because of Trump that the number of deaths are nowhere near projections.
This is laughable. The projection of 2 million deaths was essentially a worst-case scenario if no mitigation, like social distancing and masks, took place. Your boy hates mitigation. Mitigation interferes with the fantasy that everything's ok and it's just business as usual. Mitigation has happened despite your guy, not because of him. We'd be a lot further along with mitigation (including mask-wearing) and containment of the virus if the guy at the top had demonstrated some real leadership and set an example for once.

Do you seriously believe that President Trump doesn't wear a mask because he heard conflicting opinions about the effectiveness of masks three months ago, even though there has been universal agreement from scientists that they do help for months now?

The man doesn't listen to the CIA, FBI, generals, scientists, academics, allies, etc., but, according to you, he is insistent that Dr. Fauci was right with his statement about masks in March. Also, experts discouraged people from purchasing masks to ensure that first responders would have access. Had the President warned everyone to wear masks, the selfish Constitutionalists of today would be the selfish mask-hoarding survivalists of an alternate reality. Remarkably, it's the same gene.
You all accuse Trump of never listening to the experts and then you criticize him for listening to Fauci's original statement on the ineffectiveness on masks?

And you don't see the hypocrisy in that?

This is laughable. The projection of 2 million deaths was essentially a worst-case scenario if no mitigation, like social distancing and masks, took place. Your boy hates mitigation. Mitigation interferes with the fantasy that everything's ok and it's just business as usual. Mitigation has happened despite your guy, not because of him. We'd be a lot further along with mitigation (including mask-wearing) and containment of the virus if the guy at the top had demonstrated some real leadership and set an example for once.
The 2 million number was what everyone touted and used to shut down the economy. Don't try to rewrite history now.

It's easy to poo-poo now, after it didn't happen because of Trump's actions.

An enemy not only has a foothold but fooled enough Americans to vote for their candidate that he was named president. :(
Sorry your Mueller 'investigation' turned out to be a dry hole. That had to be disappointing for you.

The 2 million number was what everyone touted and used to shut down the economy. Don't try to rewrite history now.

It's easy to poo-poo now, after it didn't happen because of Trump's actions.
We are the Covid capital of the world. Other countries are now keeping us out. And you want to lavish praise on him for his "actions"?

I'm "poo-pooing" what you're saying because you're full of sh*t.

There's no way you actually believe what you're writing. I'm beginning to think this is some kind of a shtick. Ok, you got me!

I’ll come back when the focus turns back toward football.
I come here to get away from politics.
& apologize for that, but damn. This dude. Plus it's not like football is actually happening at the moment, but yeah, you're right..

Reactions: CC Mac
Sorry your Mueller 'investigation' turned out to be a dry hole. That had to be disappointing for you.
I know where you get your (what passes for) news so I understand how you could be so mislead about what Mueller found. If he’d thought he could charge a sitting president he’d have charged trump. I wish he’d gone ahead and done it!

& apologize for that, but damn. This dude. Plus it's not like football is actually happening at the moment, but yeah, you're right..
It’s all good,not trying to be an ass. Just really sick of politics and it’s 3 1/2 months til the election ugh

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
I know where you get your (what passes for) news so I understand how you could be so mislead about what Mueller found. If he’d s thought he could charge a sitting president he’d have charged trump. I wish he’d gone ahead and done it!
What would he have charged him with? A Russian collusion that the Mueller report said never happened?

Where was all this conclusive evidence Schiff said was imminent? Was Mueller and his team so stupid they couldn't see what evidence Schiff said he had?

You Democrats were played big-time by Schiff, the FBI, Brennan, Clapper, Pelosi, and the rest of the rogue's gallary of liars. And now you don't even believe a report that cost millions and took 2 1/2 years to complete.

Or maybe wherever you get your news didn't have the heart to tell you how badly you've been punked.

If you read you saw a lot of obstruction of justice. I was disappointed he wasn't charged. Would we be better off with Pence, had he been convicted? Hard to say; Pence is no gem either. We surely wouldn't be worse off.

If you read you saw a lot of obstruction of justice. I was disappointed he wasn't charged. Would we be better off with Pence, had he been convicted? Hard to say; Pence is no gem either. We surely wouldn't be worse off.
It's funny that, if you think there was any real evidence of it - convictable evidence -the Democrats wouldn't find a way to bring charges.

Sure, there were accusations. Always accusations. No proof whatsoever. Just Democrate pipe dreams.

This is where you get taken in - someone makes an accusation. Another network repeats it. The original network who brings it up thinks it's valid because another network repeated it. It's a circular firing squad.

So they all just know they have real evidence, even though they haven't seen it. And then you feel let down when you find out the accusations sound so real..... but there's no evidence. No proof. Only whispered rumors from a Senator's aide or someone who heard something in a meeting. Sound familiar?

He clearly obstructed justice, but a sitting president can't be indicted. And that's why he will stop at nothing in his effort to hold onto the presidency.

He clearly obstructed justice, but a sitting president can't be indicted. And that's why he will stop at nothing in his effort to hold onto the presidency.
Exactly. And he will, for instance, put our children and us at risk forcing them back to school to try to get elected president.

Did anyone know the B1G cancelled the non conference schedule? Jesus H, someone call me when and if fall camp starts.

You all accuse Trump of never listening to the experts and then you criticize him for listening to Fauci's original statement on the ineffectiveness on masks?
This is literally the most blatantly trolling post I have ever read. I admit that people with common sense should know that you're deriving pleasure from "driving liberals nuts," but wouldn't it just be far less exhausting to concede the point with some dignity in tact? I've been wrong. Democrats have been wrong. It's totally cool and liberating to admit that.

This is literally the most blatantly trolling post I have ever read. I admit that people with common sense should know that you're deriving pleasure from "driving liberals nuts," but wouldn't it just be far less exhausting to concede the point with some dignity in tact? I've been wrong. Democrats have been wrong. It's totally cool and liberating to admit that.
It's not trolling at all. It's an observation of facts.

Last edited:
Perhaps I should have responded directly to 76-1 who made the ridiculous assertion that there was a credible threat of Japanese-Americans rising up in a guerilla movement to undermine the US, when indeed there was no credible threat. It's the reason the Civil Liberties Act of 1988 ( signed by Ronald Reagan himself) states specifically that the decision to relocate Japanese-Americans was based on race prejudice and war hysteria and not on legitimate security concerns.

Your chiming in about 80 years of hindsight struck a nerve. If German-Americans on the East Coast had been relocated as well, an argument could have been that the decision - even if it violated the Constitution - was not purely racist. Given that only Asian-Americans were targeted, it was nothing but racism. That point was argued at the time of the relocation, and again in the courts as early as the 1970's. It is not a position that has only recently been posited by recent liberal historians.

As for my last sentence, I apologize. That was over the line. I tell my students constantly when we talk about political parties and partisanship that we would be a much better country if people on both sides would simply stop trying to defend the indefensible, whether it be Bill Clinton's perjury and obstruction of witnesses or Donald Trump's vengeful acts and inflammatory rhetoric.

To the point that started this thread's derailment, we would be in a much better place in this country if our President had supported mask-wearing and social distancing from the get-go because a large percentage of the American populace - for better or worse - take their cues directly from him. His treatment of mask-wearing as hysterical and weak, as well as his flaunting documented science and attempting to stage large indoor rallies, sent a terrible message to a lot of his faithful followers. He is 100 percent responsible for the politicization of what should have been a unified message from every person in our government to wear a mask and practice social distancing.

I don't think you can say "Given that only Asian-Americans were targeted, it was nothing but racism." Obviously it is a black mark on the history of this country but just because German-Americans were not interned, IMO, doesn't make it "nothing but racism". The Germans did not bomb Pearl Harbor in a surprise attack. I am not saying that attack justifies what happened to Japanese-Americans but the context of the times has to be taken into account. Modern eyes looks at things differently. Still wrong but......

Also the CLA of 88 also cites war hysteria and a lack of leadership which definitely played into what happened.

Whatever happens this season, they need to place a huge annotation in the record books and make some adjustments to compensate for all of this:

1. Likely will NOT be bowl games. The 9-10 games will amount to glorified scrimmages because there is no end goal. There will be no national championship playoffs.
2. They need to make a lot of adjustment on all sorts of things-

A. how many games true frosh can play without burning a redshirt?
B. Will medical redshirts be automatically granted for injuries?
C. What happens when a player tests positive? Will the said school cancel the remaking games while others continue?
D. How will verification be made that testing was done, the results, and does that conflict with HIPAA and releasing private info on players?
E. How about grad transfers? Will they receive additional time?
F. Think of the small schools who get a giant influx of their athletic budget from scheduling games at places like Death Valley, really any P-5 school, and take home big payouts. This could destroy athletic program budget of the small schools.
G. Ticket reimbursements will definitely keep the athletic ticket offices busy.
H. If you think that things get ugly at European soccer matches, wait till you see what happens when protesters start showing up outside sporting events trying to disrupt these. This will get really ugly. I don’t think that this is a matter of IF. It’s a matter of when. It could be all-out war.

Just so many policies and rules in place that NCAA is going to have to seriously rethink these.
Makes the solution obvious: Don't. Play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT