ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10 has changed football scheduling requirements and I couldn't be happier

I've been attacked reputedly by two posters who made statements that they couldn't support. They're the ones you should focus on. Not a good perception created by a few on a board that is already poorly regarded.
They seemed to have supported their opinion pretty well because if you look at our schedule the last few years there are no big time programs on the schedule unless you call Missouri a big time program.

C'mon Spa....give us a nugget on this one. You don't even have to name names. Can you without hesitation confirm that you have spoken with the past ADs and they definitely confirmed that they have had talks with specific "big time" universities about scheduling a football game?
Is that info coming directly from first hand encounters with decision makers on the scheduling?
First hand knowledge. Two teams in the Pac12 and at least two in the SEC. And that's not Mizzou. IU gets approached more than you think, and not just by schools that want a 1 off or a 2 for 1, though the latter is the preference of several. IU hasn't wanted to play them, for understandable reasons.

They seemed to have supported their opinion pretty well because if you look at our schedule the last few years there are no big time programs on the schedule unless you call Missouri a big time program.
That's because IU didn't want it. Save for the Oregon game in Eugene, IU did not want to move up in weight class at all.

No...because then people will complain that they couldnt get into the text chat, then wonder why they pay 9.99 a month when they dont get access to our text chat, then people will continuously ask for someone to email a text chat recap...

Much easier to just do this on the board.

First hand knowledge. Two teams in the Pac12 and at least two in the SEC. And that's not Mizzou. IU gets approached more than you think, and not just by schools that want a 1 off or a 2 for 1, though the latter is the preference of several. IU hasn't wanted to play them, for understandable reasons.

But the $64,000.00 question is, who ? You have 26 programs to pick from...lets throw out 'Bama and USC...24 programs. Who ?.... Florida ? Georgia ? Arizona State ? Please enlighten us uninformed, reading comprehension challenged, low football IQ posters know...we're dying here...

But the $64,000.00 question is, who ? You have 26 programs to pick from...lets throw out 'Bama and USC...24 programs. Who ?.... Florida ? Georgia ? Arizona State ? Please enlighten us uninformed, reading comprehension challenged, low football IQ posters know...we're dying here...
Good luck...

Make it 23. Florida hasn't played a OOC road game outside the state in like 30 years.

Last edited:
...lets throw out 'Bama and USC...

I can play this game too. "You don't know that it wasn't them..."

Actually, there were rumors on Bruce's old board back about the summer of 1999 (1998? Anyway, when Cam was coach) that IU was going to play USC in the LA Coliseum. Didn't happen of course...

Think arid climate, and dusty plains, and a coastal destination. Really surprised that people don't realize that AD's talk all the time about schedules and finding the right circumstances to play each other. It happens in hoops, too, and just because they don't play doesn't mean they don't have discussions. Amazing that people would believe that.

Why did you change you username from ORDFAN because you are not fooling anyone with the new name
I'm not ordman or tesla or jimtelevision or any of the other names you or a couple of others have given. but I'm usually accused of that by posters who don't have anything to say. Thanks.

Ok....you sure seem to know a lot about posters and their history on the board for someone that just joined on March 5th, 2015.

Im sure its just coincidence...

Ok....you sure seem to know a lot about posters and their history on the board for someone that just joined on March 5th, 2015.

Im sure its just coincidence...
Where did I claim to know about other posters? Was just responded to Scott's inaccurate accusation, which has been made by several, that I'm ordman or jimtelevision or fender or tesla or big time IU fan or a couple of others that I don't remember. The only coincidence is that people change the subject when they don't have much to say.

I'm not ordman or tesla or jimtelevision or any of the other names you or a couple of others have given. but I'm usually accused of that by posters who don't have anything to say. Thanks.
You just have the same condescending and arrogant tone that ORDFAN had and you have the same tired arguments.

Reactions: RBB89
You just have the same condescending and arrogant tone that ORDFAN had and you have the same tired arguments.
if-it-walks-like-a-duck-sounds-like-a-duck-and-looks-like-a-duckchances-are-its-probably-a-duck-bc58b.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT