ADVERTISEMENT

TC to the Colts? Nm

At what point do you question your decison to go pro as a Junior? Assuming OL inprovement, and a better passing game, HE could have put up Melvin Gordon numbers next year, which I'm assuming would have made him better than a 3rd rounder.

You have to wonder if his stamina/ oxygen issue is the reason he slipped.

At what point do you question your decison to go pro as a Junior? Assuming OL inprovement, and a better passing game, HE could have put up Melvin Gordon numbers next year, which I'm assuming would have made him better than a 3rd rounder.
But everyone around him including this fan base literally pushed the "stupid if he doesn't go" button for a year. I don't understand why we do that. Same with basketball. And yes, I do think this fan base does it more than other schools but it's just my opinion. I may be wrong...

Seems that way.

Year after year of guys declaring early, and doing little to nothing. Not that draft position dictates that, but it seems like any of our guys with a hope of potential can't wait to get outta Dodge.

You have to wonder if his stamina/ oxygen issue is the reason he slipped.

Tevin's a zone scheme runner, and so teams that don't use that scheme would likely have him way down their boards. Atlanta intends to implement that type of scheme with the new coaching staff, but because its defense have been so dadgum bad the last two years, they had to take a pass rusher and a big CB before they could take anything else.

In a way, Tevin at the 3rd pick is a real sign of respect by the Falcons, because they really, really need to upgrade their interior linebackers, and they picked Tevin instead.

Unreal that abdullah who is 5 feet tall and fumbles was drafted before coleman.
But Abdullah, Gurley, Gordon and Yeldon are all much better at lateral movement, while Coleman is more of a straight line runner who doesn't have great hip movement. I'm sure the stamina issue might have followed him a little, too.

Pissed the Boys didn't get him. Draft experts described him as a cross between McFadden and Murray back in October....what better combo to come to the Cowboys. :) Plus, with our OL, he'd rush for 1000 with his eyes closed.

Reactions: d_c_arpasi
What a complete joke. I still think he's the best RB in the draft. I'm just disgusted

All Hoosier fans love TC but we need to take the blinders off. Melvin Gordon was the top RB in the Big Ten last year, hands down. Then there was a group behind him that were all in the same range including TC, Abdullah, Elliott.

I think the best thing Coleman did for us was raise our profile in terms of the RB position.
You have a kid that is on highlight reels and then more elite backs take a look at your school. We are seeing the fruits of his labor now. Not saying we are "Running Back U" but it certainly helped put the university in the minds of high level recruits considering that position in college.

Who knows? Maybe our UAB transfer continues to keep us on the radar?

Reactions: Big Red Believer
And an idiot.

I love TC, but the RBs taken ahead of him should have been. He's a gamble. Amazing talent, but not sure it translates to the NFL.
You think Abdullah is better than him? That guy is so short and couldn't run a greased cork in a pig's heiney if you gave him a lifetime. I'm still physically I'll over TC's snub. Just pisses me off to no end

I think Gurly, when healthy, was the best back. After that it gets kind of gray. Different teams with different O lines, playing different competition with different threats on offense. The cream (hopefully cream and crimson)will rise in the NFL with a fairly level playing field.

You think Abdullah is better than him? That guy is so short and couldn't run a greased cork in a pig's heiney if you gave him a lifetime. I'm still physically I'll over TC's snub. Just pisses me off to no end
Is there a reason you keep using like the same 2-3 lines over and over? And you're physically ill over this? Really?

Is there a reason you keep using like the same 2-3 lines over and over? And you're physically ill over this? Really?
Well, huh, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?

They just are. And those are a couple of my favorite lines. And TC was done dirty...plain and simple.

Yes,
Well, huh, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?

They just are. And those are a couple of my favorite lines. And TC was done dirty...plain and simple.
you should send your resume to NFL teams. You obviously have a keen eye for talent. Lol.

I think Gurly, when healthy, was the best back. After that it gets kind of gray. Different teams with different O lines, playing different competition with different threats on offense. The cream (hopefully cream and crimson)will rise in the NFL with a fairly level playing field.

Exactly on point. Badger and Bama offensive lines were a a large part of Gordon and Yeldon numbers. Bama reputation helped T.J. as well. I live in Atlanta and saw Gurley every Saturday on SEC network. Far and away best RB in the draft, hope injuries don't come back to haunt

Coleman's straight ahead and angle speed will flourish in Falcon's zone blocking scheme.

Colts had the dumbest 1st round pick of any team. Completely head scratching.
No way! Redskins pick was idiotic at best. No way u pass on Leonard Williams for Scherf. Dorsett will contribute and will add more than u think. I'm not saying I wouldn't have picked a DT or SS, but Dorsett won't be a complete flop. He's dynamic and faster than Hilton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT