ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court to decide Trump immunity claim

Oral argument the week of Apr 22. Decision probably not until late June. It's likely the Court will rule against Trump, but it's looking more likely that he'll be able to run out the clock (his singular goal) and delay the trial until after the election.

Smith asked the Court to decide this issue in December and they punted. Pathetic.
There is absolutely no reason for the Supreme Court to compile some complicated road map for all possible criminal prosecutions of a president. All they need to do is affirm that overthrowing a presidential election is not a Constitutional power of a president and is therefore subject to criminal prosecution.

There is absolutely no reason for the Supreme Court to compile some complicated road map for all possible criminal prosecutions of a president. All they need to do is affirm that overthrowing a presidential election is not a Constitutional power of a president and is therefore subject to criminal prosecution.
No politics on THE HOOSIER

I do not recall a president having any official powers over the presidential election. So I am lost on how anything he does in that regard could be an official power.

I do not recall a president having any official powers over the presidential election. So I am lost on how anything he does in that regard could be an official power.
I don’t see how his actions or the timing of same could give rise to immunity. But from the questions I’ve read I bet he has hope now

I don’t see how his actions or the timing of same could give rise to immunity. But from the questions I’ve read I bet he has hope now

With some of the answers Trump's lawyer was giving when pressed on what would could be considered presidential immunity (selling nuclear codes, assassination), that's going to be a tough hill to climb.

With some of the answers Trump's lawyer was giving when pressed on what would could be considered presidential immunity (selling nuclear codes, assassination), that's going to be a tough hill to climb.
The tenor on the part of the S. Ct was more than I expected for finding immunity

On the other hand, his lawyer admitted some charges were personal and not official acts. They are going to grant immunity to official acts, now how to sit those hairs may be tough.

But if we want a king instead of a president, change the name to king and give them full immunity. I cannot imagine Hamilton, Madison, Jefferson never dreamed of total immunity given how much they hated the office of king.

I am not sure the prosecutor has a great case only the documents case seems especially strong. But total immunity is something that scares me. If the president has total immunity, Biden needs to order seized all ballots from heavily Republican areas in battleground states and lock them up for a federal criminal probe that won't be started until Jan 21.

Last edited:
The President swears an oath to protect the Constitution.

Article I, Section 4, Clause 1:

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

"A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void.” - Marbury v Madison

States like Georgia illegally changed election laws without allowing the state legislature to have a say. Trump takes his oath seriously. He was defending the Constitution.

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

States like Georgia illegally changed election laws without allowing the state legislature to have a say. Trump takes his oath seriously. He was defending the Constitution.

The president is not mentioned at all. He has no role. The power to stop someone from illegally changing a law is with the state legislature or the state courts. Do you really want a president enforcing state laws?

BTW, are you saying in 2000 that Clinton had the power to step in and handle the recount?

So you think US citizens should be safe when they are plotting against the US?

you're nuts.
I never said or implied any such thing. There's a thing called due process and the Constitution. Someone commits treason you arrest them and put them on trial. No I'm not ok with the President being able to take out any US Citizen he deems a threat.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I never said or implied any such thing. There's a thing called due process and the Constitution. Someone commits treason you arrest them and put them on trial. No I'm not ok with the President being able to take out any US Citizen he deems a threat.

Trumps lawyer said that he could get away with selling nuclear codes to the enemy as long as he wasn't impeached and convicted.

Wouldn't that be treason?

I
I never said the Supre court hearing was all politics.

The underlying prosecution is garbage and begun for political reasons, not to vindicate the rule of law.

I don’t think you have a grasp if the issues before Supremes.
I don’t think you have an inkling of what I have a grasp of. As usual.

Because the defense just agreed the President should have absolute immunity. All he has to do is appoint a yes man as AG.
As Trump did. Until he asked too much of them,, even his yes men couldn’t comply.

Because we know Trump’s word is always good. He takes his oath seriously? Every day I think you can’t say anything more laughable and ridiculous than the day before. Yet every day you do the seemingly impossible. Congratulations!

So since Trump committed treason, you should be fine with him standing trial.

So what if it is not possible to capture the person to put them on trial? You just let them keep plotting and attacking in the mean time? You are a real piece of work

Last edited:
Because we know Trump’s word is always good. He takes his oath seriously? Every day I think you can’t say anything more laughable and ridiculous than the day before. Yet every day you do the seemingly impossible. Congratulations!
This is the Trump effect in action. The poster showed up on the OTF years ago and was ignored and ratioed into non existence because he had absolutely nothing to offer that was interesting, knowledgably or humorous .. Just another out of focus guy with poor social skills and a bland boring personality..

Now all he has to do is post stupid shit and everyone pays attention to him. And, there is no doubt that he craves attention it's his only purpose on this board.. I can't wait until the weirdos, slack jaws and morons go back where they belong ... Trump gave the whack jobs a loud obnoxious public voice ... That's one thing I will never forgive him for.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT