ADVERTISEMENT

Starbucks

If we complain about the rising prices we are told that it really isn't that bad. We are doing well, but we just don't realize it. The experts tell us we are doing well. But then I see in some places in the country McDonalds meals can cost $17. McDonalds? We can't afford McDonalds anymore. And the, "we" I am talking about is us regular folks.
And it will undoubtedly continue. The middle class and poor get hurt the most by inflation and the government.

Oat milk? There is no such thing. It’s oat juice.

My stoker loves all the latte foamy stuff. I get either tall/ grande drip or tall/ grande cold brew. Occasionally green tea or flat white. I actually really like the coffee for coffee sake. Very consistent.

But the only real reason to go to Starbucks is pumpkin loaf.
That's dairy propaganda ;) Seriously though, that was settled in court. The dairy industry tried to sue to prevent any non-dairy milks from calling themselves 'milk' and lost. As a law abiding citizen, it's practically your civic duty to recognize all milks ;)

I never really get the fancy drinks at Starbucks and I'd much prefer a 'local' coffee shop. Last year my daughter and I went to Nashville to see the US Women's National Soccer team play. The morning of the game she wanted to go to Starbucks, but a nice little local coffee shop was closer to our Airbnb so I told her we should try there. Lucky for her she didn't put up a fight - we met Alex Morgan and Alyssa Naeher there.

I don't get this POV for this context. They are charging the same, if not higher prices, for a less consistent drink IMO.

Starbucks has always been a higher paying job with good benefits, compared to most QSR and fast food alternatives. Are its employees not also part of the local community?
Starbucks coffee sucks. A good independent will blow them away.

The only reason I order there now is convenience.

Facts. I hate their coffee. It’s bitter and acidic. Their standard Pike Place is the worst. As a straight coffee drinker, I’d rather go about anywhere. Not in the same ballpark at Dunkin.

Reactions: BradStevens
Facts. I hate their coffee. It’s bitter and acidic. Their standard Pike Place is the worst. As a straight coffee drinker, I’d rather go about anywhere. Not in the same ballpark at Dunkin.
Pike Place is awful. DD is drinkable, but barely. Espresso is fine at SB though.

I try to get Verona when it's there. That's not bad coffee for the most part.

BTW, next time anyone is in Bloomington they should try to get down to Soma, a half block sputh off Kirkwood. Great coffee and surprisingly tasty smoothies.

Maxwell House original here

Folger's Instant at home, Marathon gas station on the road.

66kmqa.gif

Its coffee is more bitter because of how the beans are roasted. I get blonde Americanos - less bitter and higher caffeine.

Dunkin’ is for thong wearing sissies. Might as well drink water. The donuts tho…

Last edited:
That's dairy propaganda ;) Seriously though, that was settled in court. The dairy industry tried to sue to prevent any non-dairy milks from calling themselves 'milk' and lost. As a law abiding citizen, it's practically your civic duty to recognize all milks ;)

I never really get the fancy drinks at Starbucks and I'd much prefer a 'local' coffee shop. Last year my daughter and I went to Nashville to see the US Women's National Soccer team play. The morning of the game she wanted to go to Starbucks, but a nice little local coffee shop was closer to our Airbnb so I told her we should try there. Lucky for her she didn't put up a fight - we met Alex Morgan and Alyssa Naeher there.
Were you trying to create the perfect McM-trigger post?

If you'd just have said something about Black Lives Matter, he would have spontaneously combusted.

Tonight is my last free night before I have kids for an indefinite period. I’m going to have a bunch of drinks and come back and unload on unclemark

I'll be retiring early tonight. I usually wake up grumpy and check out the what I missed overnight on the Cooler. That's when the ban hammer gets swung the most. Do your worst, bitch.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
What do you think of this move. Our new business cards came in today and one of my partners put FOUNDER on his. He’s not the founder. And he laughed and laughed and laughed
When the boss got her charity executive director job after getting her green card, I got her one of those desk placard things that said Grand Poobah. She displayed it proudly.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
"Daddy-daughter Donut Friday" used to be the Asian owned place in Lakewood, Dallas before school. $3 in and out.

Square donuts filed the void in Btown (have no idea what a sausage roll is, but whatever)...$5 max in and out.

Ventured up to Dunkin the other day on a whim to change things up...

$20...for some donuts, and some Jr high girls "iceshakes".

**** that.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT