ADVERTISEMENT

Something up?….

Does this site even cover IU football anymore? I only know there were, apparently, a lot of big time recruits on campus this weekend because of participants in these forums.

How about some coverage?! Who was on campus? Anybody?

I hate to even throw this out there, but if he commits, what’s the chance that a school comes along and offers our QB coach the moon, and then he follows him?
My pessimism towards this exact thing led me to think the same thing.

I love that our staff isn't "settling" for lower caliber players, just because that's what IU has always gotten.

But I'm worried that we'll blow our NIL promises to a kid that won't ever actually end up in Bloomington. When we could have used it on 4-5 kids that are much more likely to have stuck with their commitment.

If this kid is, in fact, the top player in that class. The deals and money flying at him, will be absurd by the time he ends up having to physically travel to a college and enroll. Look at the Riolla kids recruitment as a prime example.

Good find. While it isn't good news, appreciate you finding it. Money talks and we were a long shot anyway.

We as fans need to quickly get past this to give the next commit the love and adoration they deserve.

Reactions: red hornet
Based on the article at On3, it doesn't look like this NIL deal was funded by USC donors. I'm still very much in the "it was an honor just to receive a visit" camp with Lewis, I just don't see IU winning this battle against the likes of UGA, Bama and USC, but this NIL deal doesn't make me feel any worse about our chances.

Reactions: red hornet
Right, a road-grader of an OL, Evan Parker, 6-4 295lbs. committed to Indiana!! Coach Bostad is hot.

Marek and now Parker... Bostad isn't getting plan B kids.

What do they both have? Size. They are both listed at almost 300 pounds. Get these kids in a college weight lifting program and they could be good to go sooner then later.

This part of the article stuck out to me: “We’ll see what’s on the table and where things go, but it was a great day overall.”

Son of Jon Kitna for anyone wondering. 57th rated QB with a decent offer list.

Good find. While it isn't good news, appreciate you finding it. Money talks and we were a long shot anyway.

We as fans need to quickly get past this to give the next commit the love and adoration they deserve.
To be clear, the NIL deal is not associated with any university. Julian Lewis is just as open today as he was yesterday while on campus at IU. That is just a USC tweet about their commit signing an NIL deal with a Georgia based company.

Now if he signed up with a university collective, then that's a wrap but I don't think they announce those until long after signing.

To be clear, the NIL deal is not associated with any university. Julian Lewis is just as open today as he was yesterday while on campus at IU. That is just a USC tweet about their commit signing an NIL deal with a Georgia based company.

Now if he signed up with a university collective, then that's a wrap but I don't think they announce those until long after signing.
Yeah I believe JJ McCarthy was with them too.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT