ADVERTISEMENT

Some recent items pertaining to IU baseball....

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Devin Taylor was named preseason second team All-American by Perfect Game and there is an article posted on it at the home page of this site.

Here are the uniforms that IU will be wearing this season.

Scott Dolson has been named to the Division I Baseball Selection Committee through August 2027.

Here’s what I knew before all the latest:
Taylors a stud, maybe top 3 all time before he leaves, all reds have to be a Sunday option, and Dolson has to push the B10 to take baseball seriously by expanding scholarship #s.

Is he allowed to give more scholarships? I don't know if we are already at the limit. At one time I thought it was 11.

It’s 11.7. A few years ago there was a vote to expand the # of scholarships and paid 3rd coach. I believe the B10 backed away from supporting the increase and both failed? Can’t grow a sport if the conferences won’t invest. That’s my point.

It’s 11.7. A few years ago there was a vote to expand the # of scholarships and paid 3rd coach. I believe the B10 backed away from supporting the increase and both failed? Can’t grow a sport if the conferences won’t invest. That’s my point.
Hopefully the addition of the Pac schools changes that attitude

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
So does that mean the SEC and ACC can offer more baseball scholarships than the B1G? That doesn't seem right that our conference coaches are put at a disadvantage.

It does seem that baseball teams should add more scholarships. Maybe 17 or 18 each year would be a good total. That would reward all of the starting position players and most of the top pitchers.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Money has been pouring in at the P5 level but I'veheard no push for more schollies (though I don't follow it THAT closely) and with the additional money coming in over the next 5-10 years you're going to start hearing more and more about revenue sharing with the players, which means no additional schollies for baseball (or other sports).

It does seem that baseball teams should add more scholarships. Maybe 17 or 18 each year would be a good total. That would reward all of the starting position players and most of the top pitchers.
More scholarships for Baseball means more scholarships for Women’s sports! If you add 6 for baseball the total cost is 12 scholarships (all in non or low revenue producing sports)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT