ADVERTISEMENT

Solomon Vanhorse commits

I don't get it... KR? Depth behind Price?

One JMU page said when he entered portal he was a good returner 'when healthy' ... But expected to be third on their RB depth chart this fall.

He doesn't seem to fit Coach Cignetti's list of requirements? Or team needs.

His high school highlights are from six and seven years ago. So I guess he's an older one year depth.

Won their academic award for football. That's very cool.

His highlights from high school show a reasonably quick runner. 1500 yards rushing senior year I guess.

One thing I gotta credit JMU with, links to guys on their roster disappear in a hurry once they aren't. Indiana's used to hang around for a couple years. Details.

Last edited:

One JMU page said when he entered portal he was a good returner 'when healthy' ... But expected to be third on their RB depth chart this fall.

What? Doesn't fit Coach Cignetti's list of requirements? He freaking coached him last year. You don't think he knows him? This is a very dumb post.

Reactions: vesuvius13
So far, this the one move I don’t get. I get he seems to be here for the return game but would think we have others to fit that need. This feels more like a we have scholarships left over, not going to use them all. Or this is a keep Price healthy move by not using him in the return game unless needed.

The name Vanhorse is about as cool as it gets for a football player.

Glad he's a Hoosier! Looking forward to a TD like this one in their first home game post covid 2021.

At the :28 mark. Then at the end Coach Cig sounds like, himself, lol.

Youtube Vanhorse TD
Vintage Cignetti. His coaching character is deep and solid and has thoroughly substantiated in me I cannot and will not think less from him. He is a come home with your shield or on it competitor. He is everything I had hoped to see from from both Wilson and Allen at IUFB.

What? Doesn't fit Coach Cignetti's list of requirements? He freaking coached him last year. You don't think he knows him? This is a very dumb post.

His requirements were 'stays healthy', he called that out specifically in one of his early press conferences. This guy was injured.
Another requirement, Cig said guys don't sit behind other guys, that good players find ways to get on the field. This guy though, JMU writers say would have been third string this fall. (At RB. I assume he's a better returner.)

Third requirement, is production. Maybe he has that when healthy.

I am aware they have history. I said doesn't 'seem to' fit those criteria. Never said Cig isn't right on this.

Last edited:
His requirements were 'stays healthy', he called that out specifically in one of his early press conferences. This guy was injured.
Another requirement, Cig said guys don't sit behind other guys, good players find ways to get on the field. This guy beat writers said would be third string. (At RB, so I assumed he's a better returner.)

I am aware they have history. I said doesn't 'seem to' fit those criteria. Never said Cig isn't right on this.
Staying healthy is one of the big issues leading to the downfall of IUFB. If this staff can have better luck keeping players healthy it will make the team better.

Another requirement, Cig said guys don't sit behind other guys, good players find ways to get on the field. This guy beat writers said would be third string. (At RB, so I assumed he's a better returner.)

True enough. Who is left in the portal that meets all that criteria? A few years back, IU was set back when a starting WR (DJ Mathew’s) injured himself returning a punt, early in the season at WKU. Lucas wasn’t as big a return threat after being nicked up between the tackles. Having an RB room, KR, addition who can help install the offense seems like a plus to me.

Last edited:
True enough. Who is left in the portal that meets all that criteria? A few years back, IU was set back when a starting WR (DJ Mathew’s) injured himself returning a punt, early in the season at WKU. Lucas wasn’t as big a return threat after being nicked up between the tackles. Having an RB room, KR, addition who can help install the offense seems like a plus to me.
Remember that last year it got to the point that our punt returner was a walk-on, only because the other guy fumbled the ball.

This one is a head scratcher given the serious needs we do have.

However..., if we're now just bringing in JMU guys because they were hard working, good, teammates this is the guy I'd like to see join us:

He has an INDIANA connection and would seem to have big time upside...

Last edited:
This one is a head scratcher given the serious needs we do have.

However..., if we're now just bringing in JMU guys because they were hard working, good, teammates this is the guy I'd like to see join us:

He has an INDIANA connection and would seem to have big time upside...
Is he in the portal?

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT