ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Starts Bowl Season 0-4 … Big Ten starts 5-0, but finishes 6-4 (to SECs 5-7 and PAC-12s 0-5)

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
Good to see SEC holding up the BiG tradition in losing bowl games so far this year.
Edit: With Wisconsin 20 ASU 13, Big 10 is 5-0 … Finishes Jan 1 at 6-4
SEC is 1-5 (SC over UNC) before CFP Games.
SEC is 5-6 after 1 January, with the Sugar Bowl result of Baylor over Ole Miss
LSU plays Tuesday. SEC finishes 5-7 with LSU loss to K-State.

Last edited:
Wisconsin is favored over AZ state

Sparty will need some stops v. Pitt.

Purdue has a chance to prove defensive stats weren’t padded v. Big 10 west mediocracy.
I think Purdue will light up Tennessee. Tennessee didn’t play anybody all year. Purdue’s offense is exceptional. It’s what Brohm does. Yeah - they are the Rival, so would prefer they choke ( I don’t root for other Big Ten schools in anything) but if the PU defense plays decent, they’ll run away with game.

Reactions: SleepyMikeWoody
car-ramrod.gif

oconnel lookn like Farva!

Tenn shoulda just gone for the 1st down at the end Of regulation instead of throwing bombs! Their playcalling was pathetic! Refs started screwing them though at the start of the 4th quarter!
Agree. Heupel found out the hard way you can win by 3 as well as 7. They could have gotten a better field goal attempt at the end than they did. UT did get screwed by refs calling the OT 4th down run dead: shame to see the refs determine this game rather than the players.

Look. I get it. It’s Purdue. Hate ‘em. But give credit where credit is due. They had a 9 win season. The did better than projected.
Allen had a game against Tennessee and choked his chance for 9 wins. Brohm gets shit done and he did it with a QB who wasn’t even a scholarship guy when he started.
The guy is a very good coach.

Unbelievable calls…most exciting game of the year, though. Then again, their wins over those other top 3 ranked teams weren’t bad to watch either.
Forward progress of Tennessee TB was stopped, especially when his teammate tried to pull him across which is illegal (you can push but not pull). His TE ended up making it easier for the ref to call forward progress stopped - had he let the Running-back alone, it might have been a score

Brohm does pretty good. But man, their defense sucks. We’ll see some shootouts against them for sure. If Walt Bell is good enough.
That was a shell of this year's D. Missing 2 DLman, the 4th LB, both starting corners. But yes, next year's defense (essentially tonights) has some work to do. Pass rush is a concern. Can't believe Purdue won this one.

That was a shell of this year's D. Missing 2 DLman, the 4th LB, both starting corners. But yes, next year's defense (essentially tonights) has some work to do. Pass rush is a concern. Can't believe Purdue won this one.
I expected Purdue to win this. Good coaching pays dividends and I give credit where it is due. Brohm is one of the best offensive minds in the nation. He maximizes his roster. I was shocked that Tennessee was a 6.5 favorite.
It’s a momentum builder for Purdue to win that and will definitely help recruiting.

Forward progress of Tennessee TB was stopped, especially when his teammate tried to pull him across which is illegal (you can push but not pull). His TE ended up making it easier for the ref to call forward progress stopped - had he let the Running-back alone, it might have been a score
This. If it’s not a forward progress call, it’s a penalty on Tennessee for illegally helping the runner.

interesting takes here tonight.

I expected Purdue to win this. Good coaching pays dividends and I give credit where it is due. Brohm is one of the best offensive minds in the nation. He maximizes his roster. I was shocked that Tennessee was a 6.5 favorite.
It’s a momentum builder for Purdue to win that and will definitely help recruiting.
Woah. Expected Purdue to win. That makes 1 od us. Hopefully this next year delivers the competitive Purdue vs iu game I thought we were getting this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT