ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Schefler Arrested on the way to Valhalla this Morning

Sounds like Scotty was a bit stupid.

Even if I don't know if dude in orange jacket is an official, if they have an arm in my car window, I'm going to know it. And I'm not going anywhere, no matter how annoyed I am.

But, I don't go to events every other week where I'm waved thru traffic control, so maybe he was a bit jaded, or unsure, or got distracted.

It's likely the officer didn't do a good job of making clear signals and instructions. But I don't know that.

Sad about the bus situation if that report is true.

Well he is being represented by one of the best in Louisville and quickly I might add. I bet the 4 owners of the course took care of all of this for him in short order. Many different reports on this, best I can tell and most consistent is SS didn't do much wrong here aside from drive 10 yards with the officer grabbing at him. A few reports state that other PGA issued cars had already gone right in front of SS and he was basically following but that could be incorrect.

#FreeScottie trending on twitter

6TPPP1Y.jpg

If Scotty kept going even 10 feet with a police officer hanging onto his car, who then got a small road rash from it, I disagree with those saying this will be dismissed quickly.

The police will be like pit bulls even if it turns out one of their guys did something stupid. OBEY is supreme, as is their safety. They can't just let it go.

I don't recall it happening, almost ever. Eventually, it may go away without charges. But they'll need the contrite statement from Scotty at a minimum. Before they decide 'not enough evidence'.

Edit: Also, if he did know guy was an officer and trying to stop him? Then at a minimum he'll do safety classes in order to have charges dismissed upon completion.

Last edited:
If Scotty kept going even 10 feet with a police officer hanging onto his car, who then got a small road rash from it, I disagree with those saying this will be dismissed quickly.

The police will be like pit bulls even if it turns out one of their guys did something stupid. OBEY is supreme, as is their safety. They can't just let it go.

I don't recall it happening, almost ever. Eventually, it may go away without charges. But they'll need the contrite statement from Scotty at a minimum. Before they decide 'not enough evidence'.
I'm sure Scotty will have to give a statement. Apparently there are several witnesses who will be a big factor. The fact that SS was released and then one of the best attorney's in Louisville releases a statement shortly after tells me this will be over pretty quick. Just hard for me to fathom them letting him out if his act was so outrageous and truly put the officer at risk. I may be wrong, just to me it doesn't' add up.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
If he kept going even 10 feet with a police officer hanging onto his car. Who got a road rash boo-boo from it, I disagree with those saying this will be dismissed quickly.

The police don't have control over what happens to the case after the arrest. Prosecutors will handle that part. I've been part of many cases where the police were dissatisfied with the result of the case.

There are so many steps between now and the end that no one can confidently say they know what will happen. Anyone who does is lying or uninformed.

I'm sure Scotty will have to give a statement. Apparently there are several witnesses who will be a big factor. The fact that SS was released and then one of the best attorney's in Louisville releases a statement shortly after tells me this will be over pretty quick. Just hard for me to fathom them letting him out if his act was so outrageous and truly put the officer at risk. I may be wrong, just to me it doesn't' add up.
He already gave a statement, although he certainly does not have to. The Fifth Amendment guarantees that.

The police don't have control over what happens to the case after the arrest. Prosecutors will handle that part. I've been part of many cases where the police were dissatisfied with the result of the case.
Of course. But how often do you see a quick 'give up' by the police, once an officer has made an arrest?
There are so many steps between now and the end that no one can confidently say they know what will happen. Anyone who does is lying or uninformed.
So, it won't likely be fast?
Some seemed to say it was already handled. No way, not how it works.
If the police are 100% in the wrong here, sure, prosecutor won't waste time. I doubt if that's the case.

Scottie is -4 today with three holes left, -8 for the tourney and in decent position to compete for another major this weekend (second best odds to win at the moment).

Quite a day.

Cartman Cop overreacted.

Players were being waived in.

Lawyer Romines don’t play.

District Court here has 17 judges - getting out quick with a lawyer is nothing special.

Rumor is a Valhalla owner was there to post bond.

Taylor Swift says “Valhalla ain’t never ever getting back together with a PGA event.”

Cartman Cop overreacted.

Players were being waived in.

Lawyer Romines don’t play.

District Court here has 17 judges - getting out quick with a lawyer is nothing special.

Rumor is a Valhalla owner was there to post bond.

Taylor Swift says “Valhalla ain’t never ever getting back together with a PGA event.”
The PGA to Louisville, "you are dead to me"!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT