ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Dolson Interview

Tammany Hall

All-American
Dec 10, 2010
We don’t hear from Scott much, so it's notable that he was recently on a podcast. Topics like the "true fans" controversy, on-court results, and outside influences. WBB and FB are discussed too.

Imo he cares and is trying hard to improve all the sports, including MBB. He is still learning the job (it's his first run as an AD), but hopefully he has learned some lessons/gained experience and can execute going forward.

Anyways, it’s insightful and you can draw your own conclusions.

** Note: This has been excited by the Publisher. We kindly ask that no links from that platforms be posted on theHoosier.com.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t hear from Scott much, so it's notable that he was recently on a podcast. Topics like the "true fans" controversy, on-court results, and outside influences. WBB and FB are discussed too.

Imo he cares and is trying hard to improve all the sports, including MBB. He is still learning the job (it's his first run as an AD), but hopefully he has learned some lessons/gained experience and can execute going forward.

Anyways, it’s insightful and you can draw your own conclusions.
I can't stand HH. Ridiculous that Dolson provides them a platform.

I can't stand HH. Ridiculous that Dolson provides them a platform.
I listened to about 10 minutes. Eric is such an arrogant asshat. If you see him in public call him a clown and tell him to stop making the players feel awkward listening to his asinine questions.

I listened to about 10 minutes. Eric is such an arrogant asshat. If you see him in public call him a clown and tell him to stop making the players feel awkward listening to his asinine questions.
If I ever saw him, no problem. Arrogant ass clown is spot on. In fact, I think the last time we discussed him that was my exact description for him. LOL. It's really pathetic Dolson or any official IU representative provides them a platform.

If I ever saw him, no problem. Arrogant ass clown is spot on. In fact, I think the last time we discussed him that was my exact description for him. LOL. It's really pathetic Dolson or any official IU representative provides them a platform.
He raised 700k + in payouts just last year. Dolson has been a fundraiser his whole life... I hate them, but Eric is smart and plays the dumb fans. Hopefully they start giving to Hoosier connect instead.

Eric hasn't donated a thing I don't think, just riding this wave of people giving him money. He is like one of those mega church preachers and peegs is his congregation of morons.

I just want to see results: that is Scott's job. I don't care if Scott was RMK's waterboy, he has good intentions, or how hard he's trying. So far, Scott hasn't produced anything, and he's running out of time.
He’s hired hopefully a home run in FB (at IU Im always skeptical about FB, who isn’t?) and has a great non revenue program going in mult sports. If he can get IUBB rolling he’ll earn a statue some day

He’s hired hopefully a home run in FB (at IU Im always skeptical about FB, who isn’t?) and has a great non revenue program going in mult sports. If he can get IUBB rolling he’ll earn a statue some day
That’s a lot of if’s. After 30 years of mediocrity, I think winning in basketball and/or football is the biggest lever to advance the brand. Fans don’t care about the facilities or even style of play.

That’s a lot of if’s. After 30 years of mediocrity, I think winning in basketball and/or football is the biggest lever to advance the brand. Fans don’t care about the facilities or even style of play.
True, we just want to win. If IU won the National Championship 41-39 I would jump up and down. If they won the B1G in Football I would be thrilled even if it was a grind er out scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Wow. Dolson is living in an alternate universe, completely out of touch with reality. Things aren’t going to meaningfully change until he’s gone as well.
Adidas is great, Woodson is great, and everybody cares a whole lot like cares with whipped cream and a big cherry on top. The donors just need to keep writing checks.

The guy is a politician.

Reactions: ulrey
He raised 700k + in payouts just last year. Dolson has been a fundraiser his whole life... I hate them, but Eric is smart and plays the dumb fans. Hopefully they start giving to Hoosier connect instead.

Eric hasn't donated a thing I don't think, just riding this wave of people giving him money. He is like one of those mega church preachers and peegs is his congregation of morons.
Thing One and Thing Two are a cringe embarassment.

The flip side is they work the $100 masses pretty well but $700K ain't much they could triple that if they just had an ounce of self awareness or dignity.

Donated nothing except the time and effort to get >$700,000 in donations and the best IU podcast.
How much have you donated? Just asking for transparency

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Donated nothing except the time and effort to get >$700,000 in donations and the best IU podcast.
How much have you donated? Just asking for transparency
You mean hours of self centered attention whoring? You bet he has, he loves this and would pay money to keep it. He found a way to parlay his ego and stay relevant while forcing IUs hand in supporting his childish, clownish, and simply embarrassing behavior.

Remember when he ran for trustee? Look at me look at me, spent money on that too. Thank god peegs doesn’t represent my alumni base and he got slaughtered.

I’ve given out around 50k all in all related to NIL since it started. Any other questions Bippster?

Remember when he ran for trustee?
Feeling Silly Season 3 GIF by Living Single

Reactions: Cavanagh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT