ADVERTISEMENT

Schools directly playing athletes is now on the table

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
This arrangement requires $30,000 per athlete for at least 1/2 the athletes at the school, and it must be 50% M/F. This would be in addition to NIL.

So the tax payer will be the ones who provide instead of private companies we are talking about state schools? Is this mainly for the non revenue producing sports since NIL is still part of it?

So the tax payer will be the ones who provide instead of private companies we are talking about state schools? Is this mainly for the non revenue producing sports since NIL is still part of it?
It will certainly include revenue sports, which means it has to also include non-revenue since half must be women. So football players will get both.

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
What a stupid clown the NCAA president continues to be
I knew the old ncaa enforcement guy. Mark strothkamp. @larsIU did you know him? He was with Hoosier fc. Carmel guy. I think they named the field after him. He played a year at West Point then went to Loyola. Excellent player

This arrangement requires $30,000 per athlete for at least 1/2 the athletes at the school, and it must be 50% M/F. This would be in addition to NIL.

Looks like the football super-conference that has become inevitable.

Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Notre Dame.

“Subdivision” = Super Duper Conference = NFL feeder league

Dispense with the outdated and phony student-athlete concept.

Looks like the football super-conference that has become inevitable.

Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Notre Dame.

“Subdivision” = Super Duper Conference = NFL feeder league

Dispense with the outdated and phony student-athlete concept.
FSU can’t get in with an undefeated record. More like big ten sec then the rest

FSU can’t get in with an undefeated record. More like big ten sec then the rest
And then we’ll get several high school super-conferences so that the large Catholic Cincinnati mega programs - Moeller, St. Xavier and Elder - and California schools can compete with the big Texas and Florida programs. Then we’ll have a high school national championship.

Honestly, if I'm the big ten and SEC I tell every other conference to go f*ck themselves. Notre Dame too. They had their chance.
Football should just go forward with super conferences and break off. Set up whatever playoff they want. Leave the ncaa. Be their own thing. Maybe bball too. I don’t know. Then let the left handed sports do their own thing. Maintain rivalries etc. have reasonable travel.

Reactions: UncleMark
Football should just go forward with super conferences and break off. Set up whatever playoff they want. Leave the ncaa. Be their own thing. Maybe bball too. I don’t know. Then let the left handed sports do their own thing. Maintain rivalries etc. have reasonable travel.
This is the NCAA trying its best to prevent that break-away and remain relevant.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
This is the NCAA trying its best to prevent that break-away and remain relevant.
Waste of time. The NCAA has only one piece of leverage the major conferences care about, and that's the basketball tournament. And I guarantee the major conference commissioners are constantly doing the math to figure out when that piece of leverage is no longer valuable enough to matter.

I knew the old ncaa enforcement guy. Mark strothkamp. @larsIU did you know him? He was with Hoosier fc. Carmel guy. I think they named the field after him. He played a year at West Point then went to Loyola. Excellent player
Nah never heard of him. But his daughter appears to be a few years older than mine.

Daughter has heard of her younger brother and heard their dad passed. Tragic shit. I remember hearing something about it but since she never played there I never knew many folks over there unless she’d played with them on prior teams.

Waste of time. The NCAA has only one piece of leverage the major conferences care about, and that's the basketball tournament. And I guarantee the major conference commissioners are constantly doing the math to figure out when that piece of leverage is no longer valuable enough to matter.
Cleveland State will finally be able to breathe.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Nah never heard of him. But his daughter appears to be a few years older than mine.

Daughter has heard of her younger brother and heard their dad passed. Tragic shit. I remember hearing something about it but since she never played there I never knew many folks over there unless she’d played with them on prior teams.
I hadn’t seen him in many years. He grew up here. Super nice guy. Magical left foot. Very sad for sure.

Reactions: larsIU
Cleveland State will finally be able to breathe.
Why?

There will be no penalties. Everything that can possibly be thought of will be within the bounds of The Great League’s charter. Hookers, blow, gambling. It’s the new Wild West.

But they might designate Cleveland State the dumping ground for a wife beater or two.

Why?

There will be no penalties. Everything that can possibly be thought of will be within the bounds of The Great League’s charter. Hookers, blow, gambling. It’s the new Wild West.

But they might designate Cleveland State the dumping ground for a wife beater or two.
They should have relegation

Reactions: BradStevens
Why?

Like soccer

• Wow
Reactions: 76-1
This will happen. I hardly watch any college football anymore. This might kill basketball for me, too.

College sports should not be treated as non-profit endeavors. End the charade.

Nobody will do that. The transfer portal was the killer, more so than the NIL. Kids aren’t giving a fvck about college, so why not just start a minor league system and stop pretending?

We need to start the switch to club sports at elementary/middle school. Soon there will be court cases on high schools needing to pay/allow transfers. Just go ahead and sever the link entirely between education and athletics. and go to the Euro model.

We need to start the switch to club sports at elementary/middle school. Soon there will be court cases on high schools needing to pay/allow transfers. Just go ahead and sever the link entirely between education and athletics. and go to the Euro model.
Pro leagues like the NFL will fight this because they get free player development now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT