ADVERTISEMENT

Scams..... Have any of you been scammed?

I was $10 for handsies, 50 mouth, 100 butt but Alfred two tents down is undercutting me.

I gotta get this homeless group organized and focused on a solid begging strategy, all rowing in the same direction, maximizing locations instead of fighting each other over the same corners.
Biden hates the gig economy. You’ll be in a union soon.

Mephisto’s. They never wear out. I’ve had dress, sneakers and sandals. Worth every penny.

Apex ski boots.
checked the mephisto website. Actually exactly what i've been looking for in a casual but not a sneaker shoe type.

excellent.

Tangent -

What are the most expensive shoes you've ever purchased?

Me - maybe $175 Cole Haan loafers
I have a couple of pairs of Italian dress shoes that I think were ~$300 each, back in the early 1990s. I think my son swiped a pair, as they are still very sharp.

Reactions: larsIU
My most expensive shoes are probably the fancy hiking shoes that my wife bought me. I would normally buy cheaper ones since I am a tightwad.

Mephisto’s. They never wear out. I’ve had dress, sneakers and sandals. Worth every penny.

Apex ski boots.
I remember a couple years ago we were talking about sandals here and I mentioned I loved Olukai and that they never wear out. Then said I had 5 pair. Someone asked why I had 5 pairs if they never wear out. Duh… I’m a woman and I like shoes!! Need a variety of colors! I still like them and bought a new pair in Maui last week! I’m not supposed to wear flip flops anymore though

I have a couple of pairs of Italian dress shoes that I think were ~$300 each, back in the early 1990s. I think my son swiped a pair, as they are still very sharp.
Woah $300 back then was expensive!!

I remember a couple years ago we were talking about sandals here and I mentioned I loved Olukai and that they never wear out. Then said I had 5 pair. Someone asked why I had 5 pairs if they never wear out. Duh… I’m a woman and I like shoes!! Need a variety of colors! I still like them and bought a new pair in Maui last week! I’m not supposed to wear flip flops anymore though
15032332_189001038171840_2042479793503390934_n.jpg

Woah $300 back then was expensive!!
I mistyped. I got them in the early 2000's (not the early 1990s). My sister-in-law was living in Italy back then and she was friends with the owner of the shoe company. The town she lived in (Pesaro, home of Rossini) is in La Marche, a region known for its shoes. Can't remember the brand, but at least back then it was pretty small.

Last edited:
I mistyped. I got them in the early 2000's (not the early 1990s). My sister-in-law was living in Italy back then and she was friends with the owner of the shoe company. The town she lived in (Pesaro, home of Rossini) is in La Marche, a region known for its shoes. Can't remember the brand, but at least back then it was pretty small.
You spend more you get better quality and they last longer

Reactions: Noodle
You spend more you get better quality and they last longer
Shell cordovan will last you a lifetime and maybe your children's. To be consistent, though, I'd try to prevent any such inheritances of shoes. Talk about entrenching inequity.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Shell cordovan will last you a lifetime and maybe your children's. To be consistent, though, I'd try to prevent any such inheritances of shoes. Talk about entrenching inequity.
I’ll tell you post second breakup where I’ve gone really cheap is TVs. You can pick up TVs today for nothin. But here’s the problem. The perfect volume is 4.5. But there is no 4.5. Only. 5 which is too loud and 4 which isn’t loud enough. So I may need to revisit tv purchases and upgrade

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I’ll tell you post second breakup where I’ve gone really cheap is TVs. You can pick up TVs today for nothin. But here’s the problem. The perfect volume is 4.5. But there is no 4.5. Only. 5 which is too loud and 4 which isn’t loud enough. So I may need to revisit tv purchases and upgrade

5 Is to loud on a TV?

Your millennial card has been officially pulled.

If you're running sound out of your TV speakers, you are a

Gamer Noob GIF

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
What does a fancy hiking flip flop cost these days?
Mine are Altra trail runners. My daughter wore them when she hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada. It looks like the ones I got are on sale on Amazon for $85 bucks but normally are $150. My wife has Hoka ones that are similar, but the Altra trail runners came in wide sizes. My size is sometimes not offered by shoe companies: 11.5W. Some don't make wide, some skip from 11 to 12 with no 11.5.

She got them for me for Christmas to wear hiking on a tour of the Galapagos. I since started wearing them to work, since they help with my achy knees.

71zjSoqnH6L._AC_SY695_.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT