ADVERTISEMENT

Santos Has To Be Driven Out

Sure, there have been individual calls for his resignation. Schumer is Democrat leader of the Senate - where is the vote to oust him? *crickets*

First it was there were no Dems calling for his removal, which you were wrong on, and now you move onto there's no vote.

Keep moving those goalposts.

First it was there were no Dems calling for his removal, which you were wrong on, and now you move onto there's no vote.

Keep moving those goalposts.
Keep deflecting from the fact Democrats are doing nothing to get rid of Menendez.

Keep deflecting from the fact Democrats are doing nothing to get rid of Menendez.

I'm not deflecting at all.

Your initial claim that Dems weren't calling for Menendez to resign was false.

I showed proof you were wrong. You now are complaining that the dems aren't bringing up a vote. That's a valid complaint.

See how easy this is if you make a valid argument the first go around?

I'm not deflecting at all.

Your initial claim that Dems weren't calling for Menendez to resign was false.

I showed proof you were wrong. You now are complaining that the dems aren't bringing up a vote. That's a valid complaint.

See how easy this is if you make a valid argument the first go around?
I see you took pedant lessons from Goat. If he's your role model, you're in trouble.

I see you took pedant lessons from Goat. If he's your role model, you're in trouble.

Attack the messenger, not the message. Whenever that happens after a back and forth, you know the person doing the attacking has nothing else.

Attack the messenger, not the message. Whenever that happens after a back and forth, you know the person doing the attacking has nothing else.
I see you are acknowledging Democrats are doing nothing to oust Menendez.

There's a Democrat Senator who is un-convicted and you don't see the Dims calling for his ouster.
Santos was under fire as early as 2 months following the 2022 election. For over a year McCarthy slow walked the investigation because he needed the vote. Consequently, Santos was first indicted on May 10, 2023 and Dems tried and failed to get him expelled soon after. That was roughly a year after his misdeeds initially surfaced and the DOJ announced they were conducting an investigation...

At that point, McCarthy referred the Santos matter to the House Ethics Committee.

In the past few weeks the DOJ released a superceding indictment, which among other things accused Santos of stealing money from constiuents. Shortly after that the House released the ethics committee report, about 7 mos after they initially launched their investigation...

Menendez was only indicted in late Sept, just a little over 2 months ago. The Senate does not have the same machinery in place to conduct investigations. Even if they did, you're still looking at more than 5 months from now before a report could be issued, assuming you'd grant the Senate the same 7 month period that you had no problem with when it came to Santos.

So we're basically looking at late May as the earliest time a report could be issued. At that point why bother to expel him, since it's unlikely that could happen prior to him facing the voters in a primary?

Again as I pointed out elsewhere, the Dems don't need him and would love for him to resign. But if he chooses not to, there isn't much anybody can do given the time frames involved and political realities.

I doubt most Pubs would vote to expel him, as they'd prefer he hangs around as long as possible to become a campaign issue. It would be easier for a Pub candidate to face the 2024 Dem nominee in Nov, than it would be to face an "incumbent candidate" with respect to whichever man or woman Murphy would appoint to complete Menedez's term...

Sure, there have been individual calls for his resignation. Schumer is Democrat leader of the Senate - where is the vote to oust him? *crickets*
Quit making an idiot of yourself. Santos's case was under review by the GOP controlled Ethics committee for nearly 7 months before he was ousted. Menendez was only indicted a little over 2 months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Republicans should walk out of the Chamber when he speaks

There should be motions to strike all of his comments from the official record - even if they must fail due to procedural rules

No one should join to sponsor any bill he offers - no matter the merits

Any money earmarked for his district should be challenged

They should follow him to the bathroom and piss on his shoes

They should all donate to a recall effort

The time has come to drive all liars and hypocrites out of public life.

If Santos is first, Maxine Waters can be second.

We can cannot defeat the threat to democracy that is the modern Democrat in Congress if we tolerate and justify Santos.
Menendez should be next to go.

Menendez should be next to go.
I would personally have loved it if Menendez had been ousted the day following his indictment. But that's not how the procedures are set up to operate.

If that was SOP, then Santos would have been expelled when he got indicted in May. Instead of when he was re-indicted on Oct 10, followed by the scathing ethics report. A full 6 mos following the original indictment...

• Haha
Santos was under fire as early as 2 months following the 2022 election. For over a year McCarthy slow walked the investigation because he needed the vote. Consequently, Santos was first indicted on May 10, 2023 and Dems tried and failed to get him expelled soon after. That was roughly a year after his misdeeds initially surfaced and the DOJ announced they were conducting an investigation...

At that point, McCarthy referred the Santos matter to the House Ethics Committee.

In the past few weeks the DOJ released a superceding indictment, which among other things accused Santos of stealing money from constiuents. Shortly after that the House released the ethics committee report, about 7 mos after they initially launched their investigation...

Menendez was only indicted in late Sept, just a little over 2 months ago. The Senate does not have the same machinery in place to conduct investigations. Even if they did, you're still looking at more than 5 months from now before a report could be issued, assuming you'd grant the Senate the same 7 month period that you had no problem with when it came to Santos.

So we're basically looking at late May as the earliest time a report could be issued. At that point why bother to expel him, since it's unlikely that could happen prior to him facing the voters in a primary?

Again as I pointed out elsewhere, the Dems don't need him and would love for him to resign. But if he chooses not to, there isn't much anybody can do given the time frames involved and political realities.

I doubt most Pubs would vote to expel him, as they'd prefer he hangs around as long as possible to become a campaign issue. It would be easier for a Pub candidate to face the 2024 Dem nominee in Nov, than it would be to face an "incumbent candidate" with respect to whichever man or woman Murphy would appoint to complete Menedez's term...
All I hear is excuses. You know damn well Democrats won't vote him out of office.

Who do you think you're convincing with all your bullshit?

I would personally have loved it if Menendez had been ousted the day following his indictment. But that's not how the procedures are set up to operate.

If that was SOP, then Santos would have been expelled when he got indicted in May. Instead of when he was re-indicted on Oct 10, followed by the scathing ethics report. A full 6 mos following the original indictment...
Oh yes, the "Well, of course he should go, but......." excuse.

Typical weasel-dick excuse.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Quit making an idiot of yourself. Santos's case was under review by the GOP controlled Ethics committee for nearly 7 months before he was ousted. Menendez was only indicted a little over 2 months ago.
Yeah, and Chucky hasn't even started an investigation yet. Keep on lying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT