ADVERTISEMENT

Psu fan here thoughts on the game

You know what also irks other fanbases is that the NCAA lifted PSU sanctions. That once the smoked cleared and they felt the backlash would be minimal, they deemed that PSU shouldn't be punished anymore for hiding what was going on behind the scenes. In the end, PSU barely got punished.

Maybe if PSU had actually paid their dues and done their time so to speak then people wouldn't feel the need to bring it up.

Furthermore, it didn't take long for many PSU fans to want Joe Pa's statue back.
Agreed. PSU probably should not be playing football ever again. Instead, they got a slap on the wrist and it is like nothing ever happened. For the worst behavior in NCAA history. There is a makeshift shrine right now where JoePa's statue used to be: simply stunning.

This goes beyond football. GTFO of the conference. I personally don't want anything to do with Penn St. Half the fans don't give a rat's ass about what happened, and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Agreed. PSU probably should not be playing football ever again. Instead, they got a slap on the wrist and it is like nothing ever happened. For the worst behavior in NCAA history. There is a makeshift shrine right now where JoePa's statue used to be: simply stunning.

This goes beyond football. GTFO of the conference. I personally don't want anything to do with Penn St. Half the fans don't give a rat's ass about what happened, and that makes me sick to my stomach.
Another in a long line of ignorant posts from you. You make stupid look so effortless.

I kinda see things the same way. Close through the third QTR with PSU pulling away the last 1 1/2 qtrs... our defense has some seriously detrimental injuries for the game. If they are out we could be out early. Our coach said he hadn't raised the play of the 2's yet and that we needed to in order to rotate effectively.

I don't think anyone on here doesn't believe PSU is and should be favored in this game. We are trying to build a long lasting program here. The depths that our program has climbed from is lost on those that haven't lived it. It isn't the same program however, the "Gene" pool is still flawed a bit. We are working to change it. If you look at this years recruiting class, I think it may surpass CKW's classes . We are gonna have a solid defense for years to come.

I don't think I've seen it discussed but the flip of Tommy Stevens to PSU really hurt in my opinion. We haven't been able to recruit a high quality QB recently although we think we have some good ones on staff. Tommy would have been a lock at starter for us in my opinion.

Trust me, I do know how far IU has come. As a student I had season tickets, lived in the Villas. I had no excuse not to go to every game even though I wasn't an IU fan. There were some serious beat downs from 2002-2006, I attended most of them. To me, the turning point was Hep. He built the program up and the momentum has been sustained. The stadium is starting to look like a real Big10 stadium too. My only issue is the fans. They'd rather tailgate than attend the games.

Agree on Tommy Stevens, Iu would be a different team this year with him at qb. We actually heard that Tommy Stevens had a better pre-season camp than McSorely. The concern is that Stevens could transfer as Mcsorely will be back next year. Hope he sticks around though.

Another in a long line of ignorant posts from you. You make stupid look so effortless.
You're going on ignore. Your little shtick of acting like you are the smartest guy in the room, insulting others, and picking fights is beyond old and pathetic. Get back in the toilet, you piece of crap. Or, go to a shrink: your behavior shows you need to work something out. Normal, well-adjusted people don't do what you do.

I would bet money I have forgotten more than you will ever know. Don't make me bitch slap you with my law degree.

Reactions: 76-1
[QUOTE

Look man, if you want to convince yourself how great Tevin Coleman is and that he's better than Barkley in your mind thats fine, there's no point in talking to you, it's like talking to a brick wall.

I hope for your sake Barkley doesn't have the kind of week I expect, is not sure what you would do with yourself as you seem like one of the those posters who always believes he is right and is completely unwilling to listen to an opinion that differs from your own. Even if you said 2+2=5 and you are clearly wrong about something, you're one of those who just refuses to stop arguing you point.

In other news though Coleman isn't lining up on Saturday, he hasn't for 3 years. Maybe you should move on from him

Again, not what I said.

You are the one convincing yourself that 1500 is greater than 2000, or that 4 games constitutes a 12 game season, so let's not talk about my math ability.

That's the way I see it as well.

I do think it's more likely that it gets out of hand than that we have a chance to win at the end. We're playing a hot team in front of 100,000. We've never won that game. I can only think of 1 game where we ever won in front of 90,000 or more--osu in '88.

I could see it getting out of hand if PSU puts it together on offense. IMO, the defense has been a nice surprise. The Dline is playing at a high level and is deep. The offense though hasn't really clicked yet. Against Pitt, we put up 33 which isn't bad but we were off. And against Iowa, there was no reason to only score 21. I do expect the offense to put it all together though at some point but I don't know if it's this week. The strength of PSU is that their a complete team. Good defense and offense. Special teams including our punter and punt returner are playing at a high level too. I still say 10-13 points though based on performances this year to date.

You're going on ignore. Your little shtick of acting like you are the smartest guy in the room, insulting others, and picking fights is beyond old and pathetic. Get back in the toilet, you piece of crap. Or, go to a shrink: your behavior shows you need to work something out. Normal, well-adjusted people don't do what you do.

I would bet money I have forgotten more than you will ever know. Don't make me bitch slap you with my law degree.
Your law degree? Please stop embarrassing yourself. No one as dumb as you could make it through the application process, let alone earn a degree. Go away.

Reactions: OldTiredLion
Coleman broke the NCAA single-season rushing record without a quarterback, was a unanimous All-American, etc... He averaged 7.1 YPC for his CAREER. Barkley has a ton of promise, no doubt, and could accomplish any/all of those things but he hasn't yet.

Barkley is a nice back for you guys. He isn't Coleman.
That's the way I see it as well.

I do think it's more likely that it gets out of hand than that we have a chance to win at the end. We're playing a hot team in front of 100,000. We've never won that game. I can only think of 1 game where we ever won in front of 90,000 or more--osu in '88.

I was at that game in 88... you had a small DB from Massillon outplay his old HS teammate Chris Spielman. One of the darker days in tOSU history. That OSU team wasn't particularly impressive.

Do you think we've forgotten what happened? Do you not realize that it made us alumni and fans sick to their stomach when the reports came out and for 2 years straight the university was dragged through the mud. We don't need internet tough guys like yourself you want to show off how much you think you know by bringing up Sandusky any chance you get. What kind of service are you doing to the victims there? Constantly bringing up something that was horrible just to take a jab at a football team.

You say my beloved joe pa, when have I defended joe pa? You see you are making assumptions that are simply inaccurate and unfounded.

You want to know how I follow the program? I support the student athletes of my alma Mater that had nothing to do with what happened. I support James Franklin and the current administration for their tremendous work in bringing back psu to a tremendously respected university. When have you once heard me defend joe? I'll answer for you, you haven't.

Sandusky jokes at this point are like Kent state jokes. Yea everyone knows what happened and it's been discussed to death. Here we are 6 years later and your making Sandusky comments for no other reason than you don't like seeing penn state football do well.

I guarentee you could not name a single child abuse case that has occurred in the United States over the last 5 years without a google search so please save your moral hierarchy speech that's inevitably coming bc lord knows we've heard this same song and dance.

I support my team m, university and students athletes. I do not support the 5 men who folks like you try to portray as being representative of the school as a whole, which is absolute and utter nonsense.

So yes to answer the original thought, when you have nothing else to say and resort to Sandusky jokes which when written on a cfb forum is meant as nothing more than a malicious post to attempt to make us feel bad, yes you are broken. Problem is people have moved on including most of your board, and when you are that guy in public that brings up Sandusky and penn state, nobody likes that guy. None of our fans give a hoot what a user of an anonymous user name on an anonymous board has to say, I assure you whatever call from the mountains type of response you want to write will be nothing more than another pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about indiana's complete ineptitude at beating psu in football. Have a good one
There are a couple of things here. First, I did not bring up Sandusky. I suggested that no PSU fans act dismissive in any way to it. That sort of attitude is what allowed the issue to persist for so many years. Second, PSU is "tremendously respected" as an academic institution, but it cannot borrow that reputation in football. The same leaders that won hundreds of football games committed crimes against children. It makes me question what else went on during that time. Thirdly, people haven't "moved on" from it. Winning more football games isn't going to fix it. Again, it's hard for me to understand how you can show up to the stadium let alone banter with fans from other schools.

Do you think we've forgotten what happened? Do you not realize that it made us alumni and fans sick to their stomach when the reports came out and for 2 years straight the university was dragged through the mud. We don't need internet tough guys like yourself you want to show off how much you think you know by bringing up Sandusky any chance you get. What kind of service are you doing to the victims there? Constantly bringing up something that was horrible just to take a jab at a football team.

You say my beloved joe pa, when have I defended joe pa? You see you are making assumptions that are simply inaccurate and unfounded.

You want to know how I follow the program? I support the student athletes of my alma Mater that had nothing to do with what happened. I support James Franklin and the current administration for their tremendous work in bringing back psu to a tremendously respected university. When have you once heard me defend joe? I'll answer for you, you haven't.

Sandusky jokes at this point are like Kent state jokes. Yea everyone knows what happened and it's been discussed to death. Here we are 6 years later and your making Sandusky comments for no other reason than you don't like seeing penn state football do well.

I guarentee you could not name a single child abuse case that has occurred in the United States over the last 5 years without a google search so please save your moral hierarchy speech that's inevitably coming bc lord knows we've heard this same song and dance.

I support my team m, university and students athletes. I do not support the 5 men who folks like you try to portray as being representative of the school as a whole, which is absolute and utter nonsense.

So yes to answer the original thought, when you have nothing else to say and resort to Sandusky jokes which when written on a cfb forum is meant as nothing more than a malicious post to attempt to make us feel bad, yes you are broken. Problem is people have moved on including most of your board, and when you are that guy in public that brings up Sandusky and penn state, nobody likes that guy. None of our fans give a hoot what a user of an anonymous user name on an anonymous board has to say, I assure you whatever call from the mountains type of response you want to write will be nothing more than another pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about indiana's complete ineptitude at beating psu in football. Have a good one
There are a couple of things here. First, I did not bring up Sandusky. I suggested that no PSU fans act dismissive in any way to it. That sort of attitude is what allowed the issue to persist for so many years. Second, PSU is "tremendously respected" as an academic institution, but it cannot borrow that reputation in football. The same leaders that won hundreds of football games committed crimes against children. It makes me question what else went on during that time. Thirdly, people haven't "moved on" from it. Winning more football games isn't going to fix it. Again, it's hard for me to understand how you can show up to the stadium let alone banter with fans from other schools.

+1 amen PSU is a sick cult! But hey they win football games!!

+2 Sticking with the program vs siding with abused children and then doubling down to back JoPa when every other sane human being with cognitive skills recognized that not only did he "know" but that he "knew" for quite awhile... That's one sick group of "fans".

You may win this football game and probably several others..., but you'll always be losers in my book...

+2 Sticking with the program vs siding with abused children and then doubling down to back JoPa when every other sane human being with cognitive skills recognized that not only did he "know" but that he "knew" for quite awhile... That's one sick group of "fans".

You may win this football game and probably several others..., but you'll always be losers in my book...

Your ignorance about the facts in this case is almost laughable, except for the fact that innocent people are hurt every time your venom is spewed from your toxic keyboard. BTW, I don't believe any Penn Staters really care about your opinions. Try educating yourself with some facts.

Reactions: Ewezrfan1
Your ignorance about the facts in this case is almost laughable, except for the fact that innocent people are hurt every time your venom is spewed from your toxic keyboard. BTW, I don't believe any Penn Staters really care about your opinions. Try educating yourself with some facts.

Wish more PSU fans got as worked up protecting innocent people from sexual assault against children as they do from people posting their opinions on online forums.

Wish more PSU fans got as worked up protecting innocent people from sexual assault against children as they do from people posting their opinions on online forums.

What does this mean exactly?? I suppose you are insinuating that PSU fans don't care about the victims? Interesting perspective you have there considering you don't know 99% of PSU fans to make that judgment.

You know what I wish? I wish people would use their education to their advantage by not sounding ignorant on message boards.

Reactions: Ewezrfan1
What does this mean exactly?? I suppose you are insinuating that PSU fans don't care about the victims? Interesting perspective you have there considering you don't know 99% of PSU fans to make that judgment.

You know what I wish? I wish people would use their education to their advantage by not sounding ignorant on message boards.
Plenty of non-PSU fans speak piously about their concern for the victims while declaring their rage against the University, the football program, the fans, JoePa, etc., yet none of them have any real understanding of the facts, which renders their views worthless.

Well, unless you are over 52 years old and a lifelong, day-one PSU fan or have been a PSU fan for less than six years, your fandom is rooted in a program led by a man who systemically covered up sexual assault of innocent children. I have a hard time believing those two populations of people make up 99% of PSU fans.

So when someone comes to this board and expresses outrage on behalf of "the innocent people" affected by "venom spewed from your toxic keyboard," I have a difficult time taking it seriously.

Well, unless you are over 52 years old and a lifelong, day-one PSU fan or have been a PSU fan for less than six years, your fandom is rooted in a program led by a man who systemically covered up sexual assault of innocent children. I have a hard time believing those two populations of people make up 99% of PSU fans.

So when someone comes to this board and expresses outrage on behalf of "the innocent people" affected by "venom spewed from your toxic keyboard," I have a difficult time taking it seriously.
This is the kind of ignorant, uninformed post he and I were referencing.

This is the kind of ignorant, uninformed post he and I were referencing.

Almighty Ewezrfan, I know you are the only "IU Fan" capable of having a real understanding of the facts, and therefore a view that has not been rendered useless, so I will accept your opinion on the subject as fact and shame myself accordingly. Please proceed with the lecture.

Reactions: RBB89
Almighty Ewezrfan, I know you are the only "IU Fan" capable of having a real understanding of the facts, and therefore a view that has not been rendered useless, so I will accept your opinion on the subject as fact and shame myself accordingly. Please proceed with the lecture.
No lecture, but I’m curious why you would consider gross misstatements to be acceptable, as you apparently do?

Lol. I'm seeing "Ignored Member" and "ignored content" all over the board today so this was clearly a post-filled, productive day for Ewezr. His life is, apparently, this board and his sole purpose here is to argue, denigrate and belittle. His arguments (at least when I used to read them) are/were almost always fallacious and futile. He has no real interest in talking football - - just a desire to demonstrate (or so he thinks) his intellectual superiority. Sad.

Reactions: wakeman26
No lecture, but I’m curious why you would consider gross misstatements to be acceptable, as you apparently do?

Which part was a gross misstatement? And don't tell me "He notified the AD! Therefore he didn't participate in any cover up!" Spare me. The law may not require him to report anything to police, but it also doesn't absolve him of moral judgement for failing to do so. He was complicit in the systematic cover up of child abuse.

Coleman broke the NCAA single-season rushing record without a quarterback, was a unanimous All-American, etc... He averaged 7.1 YPC for his CAREER. Barkley has a ton of promise, no doubt, and could accomplish any/all of those things but he hasn't yet.

Barkley is a nice back for you guys. He isn't Coleman.
You ask 100 coaches who they'd take and 100 are picking Barkley.

Lol. I'm seeing "Ignored Member" and "ignored content" all over the board today so this was clearly a post-filled, productive day for Ewezr. His life is, apparently, this board and his sole purpose here is to argue, denigrate and belittle. His arguments (at least when I used to read them) are/were almost always fallacious and futile. He has no real interest in talking football - - just a desire to demonstrate (or so he thinks) his intellectual superiority. Sad.
There's no bigger idiot here than you. And since you continue to follow me around while claiming I'm on ignore, you're a liar, too.

Which part was a gross misstatement? And don't tell me "He notified the AD! Therefore he didn't participate in any cover up!" Spare me. The law may not require him to report anything to police, but it also doesn't absolve him of moral judgement for failing to do so. He was complicit in the systematic cover up of child abuse.
No, he didn't participate in the systematic cover up of child abuse, and the evidence doesn't support that. You get dumber with every post.

No, he didn't participate in the systematic cover up of child abuse, and the evidence doesn't support that. You get dumber with every post.

Almighty Ewezrfan, how am I to learn from my mistakes if you won't tell me what my gross misstatements were and why they were incorrect?

Maybe we can use some deductive reasoning:
Did JoePa know about the child abuse before it became public knowledge?
Did JoePa do everything in his power to shine light on it and fix it as soon as possible?
Was the child abuse systematically covered up?

Pennsylvania Police Commissioner Frank Noonan would agree with me. Former FBI Director Louis Freeh would agree with me. I know the Almighty Ewezrfan understands the facts better than either of them, rendering their views worthless, so I apologize for not taking your argument (or lack thereof) at face value.

Almighty Ewezrfan, how am I to learn from my mistakes if you won't tell me what my gross misstatements were and why they were incorrect?

Maybe we can use some deductive reasoning:
Did JoePa know about the child abuse before it became public knowledge?
Did JoePa do everything in his power to shine light on it and fix it as soon as possible?
Was the child abuse systematically covered up?

Pennsylvania Police Commissioner Frank Noonan would agree with me. Former FBI Director Louis Freeh would agree with me. I know the Almighty Ewezrfan understands the facts better than either of them, rendering their views worthless, so I apologize for not taking your argument (or lack thereof) at face value.
Did Joe Pa know? Based on the multiple accounts from Mike McQueary that proved to be wholly unreliable, there's no proof that Joe Pa knew kids were being abused, just as the Second Mile people didn't know, the State Police didn't know, the State's Attorney's didn't know, the agency that approves adoptions in Pennsylvania didn't know . . . See a trend?

Since McQueary's version of events changed repeatedly, it's impossible to know what he told JP, but we do know MM was so concerned about what he saw that he left the facility and went to his dad's house. He didn't try to help the kid, apprehend Sandusky, call the cops, nothing. He just left. And neither he, his father, nor their family friend were concerned enough to call the cops, either. So, an eyewitness thought so little of what he saw that he left, only giving JP a vague report of it the next day, but JP should've done something more than inform his superiors (which he did)?

Again, multiple public and private agencies, each trained to spot child abusers and abuse, didn't catch Sandusky, but the coach who couldn't even remember his player's names, who witnessed nothing, and who was given what can generously be characterized as a far less than credible story, should've known and acted?

As for Louis Freeh, his hastily assembled report was reminiscent of a high school book report, replete with both factual errors as well as grammatical ones. It was roundly discredited by Dick Thornbirgh's far more thorough analysis, and Freeh quickly went quiet rather than defend a document unworthy of his previous government work and reputation.

As I said, you get dumber with every post.

I'm not trying to get involved in this hissy fit, but just cannot believe that someone honestly just dropped "with my law degree" in an argument. I'm hoping that you have been able to use that degree for other things, as well.

Would you take Jordan Howard over Ezekiel Elliott or Leonard Fournette? Heck no! Plus Howard has been a pro bowl RB for the bears, Coleman has not.

I really don't understand what's so hard to grasp here. All I was saying in my posts was how I believe Indiana can't fully stop Barkley but should focus on taking away penn state's receiving threats the way Iowa did the majority of the game Saturday night, then all the sudden I had some folks trying to convince themselves that Tevin Coleman was the kind of talent Barkley is... I took the bait and presented why I disagreed. If you don't like it you don't have to read it or just put me on ignore.

As for Indiana football I just recall having a nice time with your fans at fed ex field a few years back and enjoy good football discussion. If I were being a jerk or was concerned about the game I'd be bringing up the schools record against each other and so on but that's not why I'm here.

I enjoy good football discussion, even with fans who are a bit blindly allegiant bc that's what makes college football fun!

Jim - I know this strays from the topic at hand but interested in hearing from a diehard like yourself as we keep avoiding the real elephant in the room here.

So........did Joe Pa know?

Your thoughts?

I'm not trying to get involved in this hissy fit, but just cannot believe that someone honestly just dropped "with my law degree" in an argument. I'm hoping that you have been able to use that degree for other things, as well.
Anyone dumb enough to make that post is too dumb to have a law degree.

Anyone dumb enough to make that post is too dumb to have a law degree.
Law school is not intelligence -- anyone who can graduate from college with a 3.0 has plenty of intelligence to graduate from law school -- it's just a lot of work to put up with, check your sanity and dedication... but, no, it's really not a show of some great intelligence.

It's actually kinda funny.... this goes on week after week so it was more comical (which is what the poster was trying to convey) than the typical "I know you are but what I am" argument. It gave me a good chuckle.

Did Joe Pa know? Based on the multiple accounts from Mike McQueary that proved to be wholly unreliable, there's no proof that Joe Pa knew kids were being abused, just as the Second Mile people didn't know, the State Police didn't know, the State's Attorney's didn't know, the agency that approves adoptions in Pennsylvania didn't know . . . See a trend?

Since McQueary's version of events changed repeatedly, it's impossible to know what he told JP, but we do know MM was so concerned about what he saw that he left the facility and went to his dad's house. He didn't try to help the kid, apprehend Sandusky, call the cops, nothing. He just left. And neither he, his father, nor their family friend were concerned enough to call the cops, either. So, an eyewitness thought so little of what he saw that he left, only giving JP a vague report of it the next day, but JP should've done something more than inform his superiors (which he did)?

Again, multiple public and private agencies, each trained to spot child abusers and abuse, didn't catch Sandusky, but the coach who couldn't even remember his player's names, who witnessed nothing, and who was given what can generously be characterized as a far less than credible story, should've known and acted?

As for Louis Freeh, his hastily assembled report was reminiscent of a high school book report, replete with both factual errors as well as grammatical ones. It was roundly discredited by Dick Thornbirgh's far more thorough analysis, and Freeh quickly went quiet rather than defend a document unworthy of his previous government work and reputation.

If this happened at IU, you'd be taking a much different stance. You'd be calling for shutting down the program and you know it.

Reactions: 76-1 and JohnsyRick

I know how horrible this guy is......but for one time, on this subject only, I agree with him. My belief is that Paterno's fault in the matter has been overblown. I believe he was a tired old man who knew very little about the subject of child sexual abuse. I don't know of any actions he took to 'systematically cover up' the abuse. Yes, he should have followed up with his superiors concerning the investigation. But is was their responsibility to conduct the investigation.

I know how horrible this guy is......but for one time, on this subject only, I agree with him. My belief is that Paterno's fault in the matter has been overblown. I believe he was a tired old man who knew very little about the subject of child sexual abuse. I don't know of any actions he took to 'systematically cover up' the abuse. Yes, he should have followed up with his superiors concerning the investigation. But is was their responsibility to conduct the investigation.
Yet there is unsealed testimony that Joe knew as far back as 1976, I have no idea if that testimony is factual or not, but neither can anyone say it isn't factual. Anyone who says unequivocally that Joe didn't know is either an idiot or sticking their head in the sand. We will never know for sure one way or the other, but it is hard to imagine that one of your long time assistants was engaging in this behavior and you had no idea .

Reactions: rcaulfie and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT