ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: IU Women's Basketball...

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
I'm not sure how many of you go to IU Women's basketball games, but their game on Sunday, November 20 is their ALS Awareness game. I'm planning on going - the women's team is currently ranked 11th and they play Quinnipiac - without any other information that that, I'm guessing it'll be a big IU win.

As some of you might know/remember, my brother has ALS. Coach Moren lost her mother to ALS, so she's a pretty passionate advocate for ALS research.

On another note, if you have a twitter account, give @Hoops4ALS a follow. I just created it yesterday - I'm working with some other ALS advocates to use basketball as a vehicle to bring awareness to ALS advocacy. The Quinnipiac/IU game will be our first 'official' event, though we don't really have any formal involvement in the game. A company we've worked with did give me some things to There is overlap with the group that worked with MLB to create Lou Gehrig Day, hence the '4' in the name.

I posted a 'basketball' post here because I spend most of my time here these days.

When I was in Bloomington I went to all of them, but now I’ll get to 5 or six, especially ones that are back to back with men’s. I’ll try to get to that one. Thanks for the info. This should be a fun team to watch and it’s been great watching fan support grow. And for those interested in looks, check out our new transfer Sydney Parrish. Gorgeous and good,

Reactions: Ohio Guy
When I was in Bloomington I went to all of them, but now I’ll get to 5 or six, especially ones that are back to back with men’s. I’ll try to get to that one. Thanks for the info. This should be a fun team to watch and it’s been great watching fan support grow. And for those interested in looks, check out our new transfer Sydney Parrish. Gorgeous and good,
20220921010156_b13a52b4-072a-488b-9992-1fa11345b221.jpg

Just closing the loop on this - the IU Women’s ALS Awareness game was a blast.

We started an instagram page for Hoops4ALS. If you’re so inclined, give us a follow.

https://instagram.com/hoops4als?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

Our goal is to have two ALS Awareness double headers one each for men’s and women’s teams. We’ve actually made some decent inroads, but we have a ways to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Just closing the loop on this - the IU Women’s ALS Awareness game was a blast.

We started an instagram page for Hoops4ALS. If you’re so inclined, give us a follow.

https://instagram.com/hoops4als?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

Our goal is to have two ALS Awareness double headers one each for men’s and women’s teams. We’ve actually made some decent end roads, but we have a ways to go.
Thanks for sharing that link.

And tonight, at halftime, IU 49 North Carolina 33. Decent turnout, my section is filled with students. That never happens.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Thanks for sharing that link.

And tonight, at halftime, IU 49 North Carolina 33. Decent turnout, my section is filled with students. That never happens.
Im watching on TV - it seems like a great atmosphere. This IU team is pretty good and fun to watch

It is a fun game, no way I expected this without Berger.
It'll be interesting to see how they stack up against the traditional powers in women's college basketball. South Carolina, Stanford and UConn are all right there (along with OSU). Based on what I saw last night, I think they'll fare well when they eventually come up against one of those teams. I think getting Berger back will be key. I haven't heard if her knee injury is going to keep her out long term or not though.

That said, major props to Coach Moren. She's really put IU women's basketball on the map.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
It'll be interesting to see how they stack up against the traditional powers in women's college basketball. South Carolina, Stanford and UConn are all right there (along with OSU). Based on what I saw last night, I think they'll fare well when they eventually come up against one of those teams. I think getting Berger back will be key. I haven't heard if her knee injury is going to keep her out long term or not though.

That said, major props to Coach Moren. She's really put IU women's basketball on the map.
On crutches with full brace on her leg doesn't sound good. Looks like they are waiting still on swelling to go down to do the MRI and confirm any damage.

That's my $4 medical opinion based solely on watching the game last night.

On crutches with full brace on her leg doesn't sound good. Looks like they are waiting still on swelling to go down to do the MRI and confirm any damage.

That's my $4 medical opinion based solely on watching the game last night.

As I understand it they expect her back eventually. Much like Holmes last year, it is expected she will be back at the very end of the season. And my useless medical advice, like Holmes last year she won't be 100%.

Peterson left the team yesterday, so all the guards off the bench will be freshmen. Bargesser and Sandvik have potential but aren't nearly as far along as Garzon.

Reactions: Ohio Guy and larsIU
So Browne is out another month, Berger until some random time, and now Geary is out with her foot in a walking boot. Our depth is being tested.

Yup that was pretty brutal today.
We had no answer to Illinois' quickness. It was amazing we came out with a W. That is something we need to work on.

Illinois finished with 4 assists. That is an amazing stat. They do the Izzo thing, penetrate and toss up anything and crash the boards.

Geary rolled an ankle in practice yesterday so should not be out too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT