ADVERTISEMENT

Pregame article on the Ohio Bobcat series....

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
We need to keep an eye out on the weather for Friday with rain expected all morning with it tapering off some as we get near the 6 p.m. start of the game. A weather front will be passing through (Thurs-Fri) which is going to drop the temps over the weekend by some 20 degrees or so. A DH on Saturday is certainly in play so stay tuned.

I believe this is the first weekend series where IU has announced starters for all three games in advance. Ohio is in 2nd place in the MAC with a 13-5 record, but their overall record is 15-17. Their RPI right now is 198 making it a Q4 series for IU. IU is currently at No. 14 in the RPI.

Game 1:

It's RHP Brooks Ey on the mound with an ERA of 7.41 in 17 IP.

For Ohio, it's RHP Luke Olsen with an ERA of 5.80 in 49.2 IP.

Game 2:

It's RHP Luke Sinnard on the mound with an ERA of 4.21 in 47 IP.

For Ohio, it's RHP Colin Sells with an ERA of 11.17 in 9.2 IP.

Game 3:

It's RHP Seti Manase with an ERA of 1.61 in 28 IP.

For Ohio, it's RHP Zach Weber with an ERA of 8.89 in 27.1 IP.

Weather forecast for the series as of right now is:

Friday: Around 59 degrees at game time with rain close to 100 pct in the morning and tapering off to around a 50 pct chance at the 6 p.m. game time. Light wind out of the ENE at 4 mph.

Sat: Around 53 degrees at game time and partly cloudy with the wind at 13 mph out of the west. No precip expected.

Sun: Around 53 degrees at game time and a mix of clouds and sun with the wind WNW at 10-15 mph and no precip expected.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Friday afternoon looks iffy right now with around 50% chance of rain after rain from the wee hours through noon. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: ptrich
I thought I would add that Ohio hits the ball pretty well with a team avg. of .297 which is close to our average, but their team ERA is 7.68 which is their Achilles heel.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT