ADVERTISEMENT

Player X announces "final year" at school?

TR32

All-American
Nov 20, 2009
Will the madness get to the point where a good player announces an intention for post-season transfer, before the season?
It would hurt the team, and possibly disrupt the player, but it would also allow other schools to keep tabs on a potential prospect so that a max offer could be made as soon as the season ends.

I hate all of it, but I'm projecting this scenario. I wonder if this will happen?

Will the madness get to the point where a good player announces an intention for post-season transfer, before the season?
It would hurt the team, and possibly disrupt the player, but it would also allow other schools to keep tabs on a potential prospect so that a max offer could be made as soon as the season ends.

I hate all of it, but I'm projecting this scenario. I wonder if this will happen?
Maybe we’ll go to a draft for the top 50 HS players. Guaranteed money depending on your draft position with minimum 2 year contract.

I don't see what the benefit would be to the player. Coaches are already keeping tabs on guys all year, and it's easy enough to catch up if a player you didn't expect to announce. Don't see where it would generate greater interest or NIL, than doing it at the end of the season. Take the Mack kid from Harvard, I'd say pretty much everyone expected he'd transfer, and he did. I'd imagine programs were inquiring with him all season.

In this day and age I wouldn't say no one will ever do it, but I don't think it will be a "thing" and it would ultimately hurt that player as a "me-first" type and turn off some coaches.

According to Purdue fans, that's what Mason Gillis did. 🙄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT