ADVERTISEMENT

Pitchers struggled today

hoosierfan35

Sophomore
Mar 11, 2010
Unusually wild, not hitting the zone, and made hartong really work. It appears IU season about to end

As a former pitcher, I think it would be pretty tough to be comfortable out there with Hartong catching. He's either hurt or seriously immobile. And for the life of me I can't figure out the lob balls back to the mound. I always wanted my catcher to fire it back.

Not surprised to have a pitcher blame it on the catcher. Why not be honest, Harrison just flat out threw a meatball that the Vandy hitter crushed. Harrison a senior and gone. I am sure that the staff have much better pitching coming in. Halstead has not been the same and he also grooved one today. And Belcher flat out choked on that throw to first. That is not on the catcher. Our pitching just caved at the worst time. Not the catcher

He did look a little bit off today for sure. I don't know if I would blame him, but he did struggle some

Not surprised to have a pitcher blame it on the catcher. Why not be honest, Harrison just flat out threw a meatball that the Vandy hitter crushed. Harrison a senior and gone. I am sure that the staff have much better pitching coming in. Halstead has not been the same and he also grooved one today. And Belcher flat out choked on that throw to first. That is not on the catcher. Our pitching just caved at the worst time. Not the catcher
Not blaming the catcher at all. I just don't think he's a very skilled or fundamentally sound catcher and possibly slightly injured. Everything else you said, I agree with.

Not being a pitcher, I wonder if the weather and what seemed like pretty consistent rain showers throughout the game had an effect on what the pitchers were able to do? Hartong seemed gimpy, but I wonder if the weather exacerbated those issues as well?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT