ADVERTISEMENT

Overall Mood

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
A point I've made in the past but I'll say it again. The media and the general fan base tend to be a bit reactionary. Two years ago I thought the overall mood was a bit too optimistic. I myself try to see the positives but I recognized the program was still building and maybe wasn't as far along as many seemed to think. I don't think I said a whole lot because there is enough negativity as it is.
This season I feel the mood is a little too pessimistic. I know I said no predictions but three wins? Common now. Feel free to pile on if I am wrong but the situation is not that bad in my opinion. And regardless of what happens tomorrow I won't be making any blanket generalizations after the game. I need to see 3 games before I begin to draw any conclusions. Go Hoosiers. LEO.

Hard to say since we know so little about this team. I tend to be more optimistic. If you believe what some are saying it appears IU upgraded at a lot of positions. The Big Ten camp tour they all seemed to indicate that the DL especially looked more like a Big 10 line. Seems like a lot around the program are seeing a difference in the OL as well.

I try to hold my overall opinion until I've seen them play and looking forward to being in Bloomington tomorrow for the game.

A point I've made in the past but I'll say it again. The media and the general fan base tend to be a bit reactionary. Two years ago I thought the overall mood was a bit too optimistic. I myself try to see the positives but I recognized the program was still building and maybe wasn't as far along as many seemed to think. I don't think I said a whole lot because there is enough negativity as it is.
This season I feel the mood is a little too pessimistic. I know I said no predictions but three wins? Common now. Feel free to pile on if I am wrong but the situation is not that bad in my opinion. And regardless of what happens tomorrow I won't be making any blanket generalizations after the game. I need to see 3 games before I begin to draw any conclusions. Go Hoosiers. LEO.
The Louisville game will speak volumes. Until then I don't think we're going to have much of a clue.

The Louisville game will speak volumes. Until then I don't think we're going to have much of a clue.
I think we'll have a little bit of a clue, depending on how we hold up against OSU offensive attack and if the team bounces back to a '21 Idaho game or a '22 Idaho/WKU type of game against Indiana State. I expect the Louisville game to fall somewhere in between those two games so here's to hoping the first two games swing in our favor. I'd at least hope we have a starter crowned and primed to play the full game otherwise I'm not confident we'll pull it out.

MEH

That’s my current mood. Not excited, but I’ll be there tomorrow per usual…just really down. Not been this down since the end of Lynch.

Vegas has a lot of large buildings. If they have it -30, even though it is OSU, that does not bode well.

MEH

That’s my current mood. Not excited, but I’ll be there tomorrow per usual…just really down. Not been this down since the end of Lynch.

Vegas has a lot of large buildings. If they have it -30, even though it is OSU, that does not bode well.
I am excited about this team and want to see how they play Saturday. Can they play up to their abilities and give OSU a tough game with excitement at the end?

There is a reason I drink a lot on Sat and Sun.

Reactions: Rags to Roses
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT