ADVERTISEMENT

Ortega taco kit compared to taco bell.

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
would be like comparing a jeff ruby filet mignon to a dog turd. any idiot can use the kit brown ground beef drain add water and seasoning. fill the shell with the burger sour cream cheese lettuce tomatoes and sauce. tell the wife to clean up the mess when your done because you made the meal.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
would be like comparing a jeff ruby filet mignon to a dog turd. any idiot can use the kit brown ground beef drain add water and seasoning. fill the shell with the burger sour cream cheese lettuce tomatoes and sauce. tell the wife to clean up the mess when your done because you made the meal.
More like comparing a dog turd to a different dog’s turd

Sour cream is gross. Oh just a FYI I saw Lucy liking some posts yesterday. I was worried for a bit.

Dumb.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Depends whey you are eating it kurt. Is it sober or once you had 22 drinks.

Taco Bell's are for teenagers and adults in their 20's who want to eat cheaply. Pass on the sour cream. Ranch and blue cheese are great but not on Tacos. Guac and salsa are the way to go.

Rarely eat tacos with Ground beef. Fish tacos are great as are tacos with Brisket, steak, pork carnitas or chicken. Of course most those are on soft corn or flour tortillas. For hard taco shells, shredded beef or Chicken Tinga (shredded chicken) are great. Pork carnitas work also. I might buy a Picadillo taco which uses ground beef. Chicken tinga and pork carnitas can be made in the slow cooker so not much prep time.

Breakfast tacos are great. There are Taco trucks and Taquieria's on every corner. Nothing like a Chorizo, black bean and scrambled egg taco with salsa. Well fajita, fried egg and black bean is really good combo. too.

When i moved to Austin in 2007 there was this Taco Truck. Torchy's Tacos. It is expanding everywhere now. Seems they made to Indiana. They have the best Green Chile cheese for dipping chips. A trashy trailer park with fried chicken is quite good.

Taco Bell's are for teenagers and adults in their 20's who want to eat cheaply. Pass on the sour cream. Ranch and blue cheese are great but not on Tacos. Guac and salsa are the way to go.

Rarely eat tacos with Ground beef. Fish tacos are great as are tacos with Brisket, steak, pork carnitas or chicken. Of course most those are on soft corn or flour tortillas. For hard taco shells, shredded beef or Chicken Tinga (shredded chicken) are great. Pork carnitas work also. I might buy a Picadillo taco which uses ground beef. Chicken tinga and pork carnitas can be made in the slow cooker so not much prep time.

Breakfast tacos are great. There are Taco trucks and Taquieria's on every corner. Nothing like a Chorizo, black bean and scrambled egg taco with salsa. Well fajita, fried egg and black bean is really good combo. too.

When i moved to Austin in 2007 there was this Taco Truck. Torchy's Tacos. It is expanding everywhere now. Seems they made to Indiana. They have the best Green Chile cheese for dipping chips. A trashy trailer park with fried chicken is quite good.

I am going to have 35 drinks on saturday and test out kurts theory about midnight. I assume he will be doing the same.

Kurt, you're guite the cullenary expert. A veritable Betty crocker. In fact I think you're Betty crocked most of the time.

We buy fresh cod from Costco and I cook it on my smoker (mesquite wood) with some cajun rub sprinkled on after coating with olive oil, fish cut into smaller taco-sized pcs. Maybe 12-15 min at 350F. Make some homemade cole slaw. Soft tortilla (corn or flour, your choice), smoke broiled fish, then big scoop of slaw,, some chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, squeeze a little fresh lime juice on then sriracha mayo on top to finish. A little bit of prep work, but better than anything I've found at restaurants.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
We buy fresh cod from Costco and I cook it on my smoker (mesquite wood) with some cajun rub sprinkled on after coating with olive oil, fish cut into smaller taco-sized pcs. Maybe 12-15 min at 350F. Make some homemade cole slaw. Soft tortilla (corn or flour, your choice), smoke broiled fish, then big scoop of slaw,, some chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, squeeze a little fresh lime juice on then sriracha mayo on top to finish. A little bit of prep work, but better than anything I've found at restaurants.
You lost me at Cole Slaw. Otherwise, that’s a stellar combo.

They have the best Green Chile cheese for dipping chips.
Be careful saying "best green chile" in southern Colorado and New Mexico.

We have a few Torchy's nearby in CO so it may be time to give them a chance. We recently had a few Whataburger's open and I wasn't impressed. Pretty much Wendy's or Burger King with a bigger bun.

Yes nothing compares to Taco Bell seasoning. I like mine with 2lb ground chuck 2 packets get some tortilla chips make some nachos with shredded cheese great meal!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT