ADVERTISEMENT

Oh Shocker Radical Left Winger BIden Gearing Up for 2025 bringing racism to everyone's door

lol..your perseverance is admirable. I’ve given up and buy internet money. We all cope in are own ways.
I’m at happy hour and between the bar and the ritz is a fountain where they are having a big ceremony for Eagle Scouts. Now that’s not something you see everyday. I didn’t know that stuff was still around

I’m at happy hour and between the bar and the ritz is a fountain where they are having a big ceremony for Eagle Scouts. Now that’s not something you see everyday. I didn’t know that stuff was still around
Any good looking skeezers around? Or sort not ugly looking skeezer? You should get into something tonight.

Suspicious Rob Schneider GIF by Laff

The target is rich people, guys. Kind of ironic for you two to try to turn everything into race.

Pot meet kettle, always injecting race into a thread about dead cops

Negative. Divorced dads’ club. There’s an aura of toxicity bitterness and spite emanating from the table. Like a forcefield. The 50 yr old men dressed like Boy Scouts have a better shot
Speaking of awful uniforms. My worst nightmare is being left for a UPS driver. Those brown shorts are awful. I’d understand if it was the Amazon driver. They seem hip, cool, and have a prime account. I could probably use it for free after the wife left me. Part of the settlement.

Pot meet kettle, always injecting race into a thread about dead cops

I'm not the one who brought up race in that thread.

I don't think the bases are larger than the moderate factions. But I do think that as the center disappears, the gap between moderate left and moderate right becomes wider.

The bases aren't larger, but moderates are too busy actually doing shit in this world and cannot sit around protesting and marketing like the far left and far right.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Progressive ideology is far more dangerous to the country than trump
I strongly disagree.

Progressive policies come and go. Society will adapt one way or the other and the economy will go through it's ebbs and flows like it has for the last 200 years. There is nothing that Biden has done thus far that can't be undone with a little work and patience.

Trump's damage is much more long lasting in one broad reaching category:

Faith.

We look to our leaders for guidance and inspiration on how to act and behave. We take pride in knowing that the man (or woman) we have chosen to represent us is the epitome of the best of us, and a part of us seeks to emulate our leaders, because, as I said, they are the best of us, so why shouldn't we strive to be like them.

But then came Trump.

America had faith in their intelligence services. Then the President of the United States looked straight into a camera and said I believe Vladamir Putin over the CIA. Now the intelligence services of the United States are not to be trusted and are out to get you.

America had faith in their doctors who told you to avoid large crowds, wash your hands, and avoid exposure during a world-wide pandemic. Then the President of the United States looked straight into the camera after getting Covid and ripped his mask off. Some people saw that, ascribed to the "it's just a bad cold" mantra and the "Heck, if Trump can beat it that easily, it can't be that bad" theory (even though he received likely a million dollars worth of state-of-the-art medical treatment from the best doctors in the world), then they went to poker night even though Joey had a few of the symptoms. Some of those people died. Some more will refuse to get ANY vaccine in the future and will also die.

America had faith in their voting process, which to this day is still safer than 95% of the world. Then the President of the United States looked straight into the camera and said that the only way he lost is because the other side used fraudulent voting. There are poll workers who literally had to move to a different address because Americans who believed Trump and his merry band of lawyers when they said that that these poll workers were responsible for thousands of illicit votes being counted for the opposition, and so they stalked those poll workers and harassed them. There are people in this country that will go to their grave believing that there was a country-wide conspiracy to elect Biden. There is no proof that you could show them that will change their minds. They have forever lost faith in the voting system and will assume that the only reason their candidate lost is because the other side cheated.

America had faith in the news. Yes, it was already extremely biased and was becoming more opinionated by the day, but then the President of the United States looked straight into the camera and said "I never said that" when he was shown a video of him saying those words 5 minutes beforehand. Trump is the only one who can be believed. Anyone else who says otherwise is lying.

Trust, once lost, takes a long long time to rebuild, maybe even decades to regain. Things have not been great in this country for a while now, and it is much easier to blame someone else for your problems then getting down to work and trying to fix things. Trump has a mindset of never losing, never apologizing, never admitting you are wrong. I don't think he every truly grasped the idea of "The buck stops here". You get the credit when things go well, but you take the blame when things go bad. Trump's ideology can't accept that, so when things went bad, it's because somebody else screwed up or was out to get him. They lied, not Trump. It's their fault, it's never his fault.

And for the love of God, I can't figure out why people believe a single thing this man utters. How many times does it have to proven, over and over and over again, that he lies constantly. Big things. Little things. Things that can EASILY be disproven. He doesn't care. He just spouts it off, and 25% of this country doesn't even question it. And when our highest leader lies so brazenly and thinks he is above the law, well, as I said, we emulate our leaders....

I am not a fan of Biden. I am disappointed in his results versus his promises. I was absolutely telling the truth before that I would have voted for Haley in a heartbeat. There are dozens of names I could spout right now that I would rather have leading this country. But I have now been forced to make the choice between Biden and Trump, so I will absolutely pull that lever for Biden and not have a second's doubt about it. In an ideal world, I'd either stay home or vote third party, but if there is even a chance that Trump could get back to the White House, I need to do everything within my power (legally) to prevent that.

The only way we are going to restore faith is by rejecting Trump and his lies. If I have to suffer four more years of Biden to start that process, then so be it. /soapbox

I strongly disagree.

Progressive policies come and go. Society will adapt one way or the other and the economy will go through it's ebbs and flows like it has for the last 200 years. There is nothing that Biden has done thus far that can't be undone with a little work and patience.

Faith.

We look to our leaders for guidance and inspiration on how to act and behave. We take pride in knowing that the man (or woman) we have chosen to represent us is the epitome of the best of us, and a part of us seeks to emulate our leaders, because, as I said, they are the best of us, so why shouldn't we strive to be like them.

But then came Trump.

America had faith in their intelligence services. Then the President of the United States looked straight into a camera and said I believe Vladamir Putin over the CIA. Now the intelligence services of the United States are not to be trusted and are out to get you.

America had faith in their doctors who told you to avoid large crowds, wash your hands, and avoid exposure during a world-wide pandemic. Then the President of the United States looked straight into the camera after getting Covid and ripped his mask off. Some people saw that, ascribed to the "it's just a bad cold" mantra and the "Heck, if Trump can beat it that easily, it can't be that bad" theory (even though he received likely a million dollars worth of state-of-the-art medical treatment from the best doctors in the world), then they went to poker night even though Joey had a few of the symptoms. Some of those people died. Some more will refuse to get ANY vaccine in the future and will also die.

America had faith in their voting process, which to this day is still safer than 95% of the world. Then the President of the United States looked straight into the camera and said that the only way he lost is because the other side used fraudulent voting. There are poll workers who literally had to move to a different address because Americans who believed Trump and his merry band of lawyers when they said that that these poll workers were responsible for thousands of illicit votes being counted for the opposition, and so they stalked those poll workers and harassed them. There are people in this country that will go to their grave believing that there was a country-wide conspiracy to elect Biden. There is no proof that you could show them that will change their minds. They have forever lost faith in the voting system and will assume that the only reason their candidate lost is because the other side cheated.

America had faith in the news. Yes, it was already extremely biased and was becoming more opinionated by the day, but then the President of the United States looked straight into the camera and said "I never said that" when he was shown a video of him saying those words 5 minutes beforehand. Trump is the only one who can be believed. Anyone else who says otherwise is lying.

Trust, once lost, takes a long long time to rebuild, maybe even decades to regain. Things have not been great in this country for a while now, and it is much easier to blame someone else for your problems then getting down to work and trying to fix things. Trump has a mindset of never losing, never apologizing, never admitting you are wrong. I don't think he every truly grasped the idea of "The buck stops here". You get the credit when things go well, but you take the blame when things go bad. Trump's ideology can't accept that, so when things went bad, it's because somebody else screwed up or was out to get him. They lied, not Trump. It's their fault, it's never his fault.

And for the love of God, I can't figure out why people believe a single thing this man utters. How many times does it have to proven, over and over and over again, that he lies constantly. Big things. Little things. Things that can EASILY be disproven. He doesn't care. He just spouts it off, and 25% of this country doesn't even question it. And when our highest leader lies so brazenly and thinks he is above the law, well, as I said, we emulate our leaders....

I am not a fan of Biden. I am disappointed in his results versus his promises. I was absolutely telling the truth before that I would have voted for Haley in a heartbeat. There are dozens of names I could spout right now that I would rather have leading this country. But I have now been forced to make the choice between Biden and Trump, so I will absolutely pull that lever for Biden and not have a second's doubt about it. In an ideal world, I'd either stay home or vote third party, but if there is even a chance that Trump could get back to the White House, I need to do everything within my power (legally) to prevent that.

The only way we are going to restore faith is by rejecting Trump and his lies. If I have to suffer four more years of Biden to start that process, then so be it. /soapbox
We fundamentally disagree but I appreciate the time you put into this post and I read it which is a rarity for me with long posts. First I think Biden is every bit as divisive. His MAGA this and that. What’s more the admin’s endless obsession with race isn’t healthy. That too further divides. But more importantly I LOVE Trump questioning and calling out everything because I don’t want FAITH in any of these things. I want evidence. I want to question the system. Faiths belongs in religion not any of the things you wrote.

Our gov agencies do need to be called out. Many are a disaster as evidenced by Covid response and so many wasteful entitlement programs. The media (news) is biased and needs to be called out. The election process is absurd. Id etc. come on. I don’t think trump won but it is broken. The vax should be questioned. Doctors should be questioned. I don’t want faith in anything. I want evidence and competence.

I love what trump did and does. The problem is he is the wrong guy to do it

But then came Trump.
Part of me really wants to believe your first sentence I've quoted above. It's a romantic notion of the history of our country and its relationship with its elected executives. But in recent memory, few thought George W. Bush was the "epitome of the best of us." I hope no one looked for "guidance and inspiration on how to act and behave" from Bill Clinton.
I could go on and do Nixon, Kennedy, et al. or go back to Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. Grant, ole' Thom Jeff etc., too, but I'll save the space.

Politicians in our system aren't supposed to be heroes, I don't think, and it's healthier as a national attitude if we don't think that way. It's one of the assumptions about human nature undergirding our system--it's designed with the notion that power corrupts because all men are corruptible, so we separate it out into different branches and levels of sovereignty, hoping they'll all check each other (read: fight) over policies.

All that said, I agree that the Presidency requires a certain level of decorum (more than a house rep, but on par with a Senator) and that Trump does not meet that. That's a big knock against him.

Everything you wrote, though ,regarding trust and faith, and how hard it is to regain it applies really well to the judiciary, in my mind. And the Left has a full-on attack going right now on the trust and faith in that institution, that I find even more dangerous than Trump's dangerous rantings about each and every judge he encounters.

We fundamentally disagree but I appreciate the time you put into this post and I read it which is a rarity for me with long posts. First I think Biden is every bit as divisive. His MAGA this and that. What’s more the admin’s endless obsession with race isn’t healthy. That too further divides. But more importantly I LOVE Trump questioning and calling out everything because I don’t want FAITH in any of these things. I want evidence. I want to question the system. Faiths belongs in religion not any of the things you wrote.

Our gov agencies do need to be called out. Many are a disaster as evidenced by Covid response and so many wasteful entitlement programs. The media (news) is biased and needs to be called out. The election process is absurd. Id etc. come on. I don’t think trump won but it is broken. The vax should be questioned. Doctors should be questioned. I don’t want faith in anything. I want evidence and competence.

I love what trump did and does. The problem is he is the wrong guy to do it
There is nothing wrong asking questions and wanting to see proof. I agree with that.

The problem is that when that evidence is provided, Trump tells you it is fake, and too many people believe his word over the evidence right in front of their eyes (and yes, I understand how this gets flipped back on Biden as well, as I said, I'm not a fan).

Part of me really wants to believe your first sentence I've quoted above. It's a romantic notion of the history of our country and its relationship with its elected executives. But in recent memory, few thought George W. Bush was the "epitome of the best of us." I hope no one looked for "guidance and inspiration on how to act and behave" from Bill Clinton.
I could go on and do Nixon, Kennedy, et al. or go back to Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. Grant, ole' Thom Jeff etc., too, but I'll save the space.

Politicians in our system aren't supposed to be heroes, I don't think, and it's healthier as a national attitude if we don't think that way. It's one of the assumptions about human nature undergirding our system--it's designed with the notion that power corrupts because all men are corruptible, so we separate it out into different branches and levels of sovereignty, hoping they'll all check each other (read: fight) over policies.

All that said, I agree that the Presidency requires a certain level of decorum (more than a house rep, but on par with a Senator) and that Trump does not meet that. That's a big knock against him.

Everything you wrote, though ,regarding trust and faith, and how hard it is to regain it applies really well to the judiciary, in my mind. And the Left has a full-on attack going right now on the trust and faith in that institution, that I find even more dangerous than Trump's dangerous rantings about each and every judge he encounters.
With regards to the first part, I would still take Bush today over Biden, Trump, and Clinton. He kinda got a bad rap because of how close the Gore election turned out, but when the crap hit the fan (9/11), Bush took command and lead the country. We can look back in retrospect and question whether the choices he made were correct or not, but I never questioned his ability to lead. But to the greater point, I agree that the options have been going downhill for a while now and have not been the ideal that we should be striving for.
I think part of the problem is the 24 hour news cycle and fracturing of unbiased media has made the job of President much less desirable than it used to be. The expression "The only people smart enough to be President are the ones who know they don't want to do it." seems to be becoming more of an apt descriptor.

With the rest, I also agree. At this point, I think it is action / reaction. Both sides are trying their darndest to push through their narrative however they can. The left is throwing everything they can through the legal system at Trump to see if anything can stick. The left attacks, Trump counter-punches, and the reasonable people in the middle just sit that shaking their heads at the spectacle.

I strongly disagree.

Faith.

But then came Trump.

To the extent you are saying Trump lacks presidential temperament, I agree with everything. I would add though I think Trump and Biden are neck and neck in the dishonesty sweepstakes.

I think you are mistaken about everything else.

Trump got so much right and Biden gets so much wrong, I don’t see how anybody can vote for Biden

Trump was right about Iran, energy, the border, DEI, and some under-the-radar things like criminal justice reform, right to try.

Biden is wrong about Iran, energy, the border, and DEI. Add to that student loans, CHIPS. Act baggage, rewriting Title IX, obliterating all sate laws about non-compete agreements, Chinese spy balloons, Jew-hating refugees, and general lack of decisiveness and resolve in the Middle East and Ukraine and we find looming catastrophes all over the place.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Whoever made the call, it's bad spin. A lot of Americans would support an increase in the cap gains rate if it's in order to make rich people pay their fair share. Those same people will suddenly think it's a bad idea if the purpose is to close the racial wealth gap.

Maybe they aren't stupid. Maybe this is just another sign that we've passed the end of conciliatory politics, and literally everything every politician will do from here on out will be to mobilize the base.
That “fair share” argument is identical to the race equity argument, just with a different coat of paint.

The both exploit envy, schadenfreude and grievances.

To the extent you are saying Trump lacks presidential temperament, I agree with everything. I would add though I think Trump and Biden are neck and neck in the dishonesty sweepstakes.

I think you are mistaken about everything else.

Trump got so much right and Biden gets so much wrong, I don’t see how anybody can vote for Biden

Trump was right about Iran, energy, the border, DEI, and some under-the-radar things like criminal justice reform, right to try.

Biden is wrong about Iran, energy, the border, and DEI. Add to that student loans, CHIPS. Act baggage, rewriting Title IX, obliterating all sate laws about non-compete agreements, Chinese spy balloons, Jew-hating refugees, and general lack of decisiveness and resolve in the Middle East and Ukraine and we find looming catastrophes all over the place.
A shitty person with really shitty policies vs a really shitty person with better policies

I strongly disagree.

Faith.

But then came Trump.

Are you sh!tting me? After Obama and Hillary nobody believed SH!T. How in THE Hell do you think Trump was created? Everything you just brought up has one major thing in common, which again created Trump, NO TRANSPARENCY. NONE! Now that real journalism and NOT STATE RUN HORSESHIT has made a comeback all the crap you just mentioned has been rebutted and has huge question marks from every 3 letter agency, to covid, to the msm. And even though it's before oversight committees there are still huge question marks.

Nobody, except a sheep believed in our intelligence services LO-f*ckingL. Thank you Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Reagan for saying something about secret societies, or the WHO, or the news LMAO.

I would say a very large percentage of people I know never gave a sh!t about politics until Obama, Biden and Hillary had a second term. Shortly after murmurs became shouts and people knew something was very wrong! That's when Trump was created. Not just decided to run, created! The liberals progressives and Democratic Party created Trump!

I strongly disagree.

Faith.

But then came Trump.

Our intelligence services themselves did far more to harm our trust in them than Trump ever did. Investigations that should never have happened and agents working to prevent Trumps election seem a lot more harmful than Trumps words.

And don’t even get me started on the legacy media, who completely lost their MINDS after Trump was elected.

I strongly disagree.

Faith.

But then came Trump.

The degenerate old fool you plan to vote for lies about everything, and his policies are doing great damage to the country. Get your head out of your rear end.

Redistribution of wealth is the goal here. Will fund reparations, immigrant assistance programs, tits out tranny parties on the WH lawn, green energy programs too ineffective to stand on their own merit, & a host of other progressive agendas. They’ve got votes to buy, & we get to pay for them…
Shouldn't it be the goal of Dems and Pubs to balance the budget, or at least reduce deficits ?

Seems to me, we will need both spending cuts and tax hikes to accomplish this.

Furthermore, capital gains tax increases, IMO, should be part of the discussion.

Our intelligence services themselves did far more to harm our trust in them than Trump ever did. Investigations that should never have happened and agents working to prevent Trumps election seem a lot more harmful than Trumps words.

And don’t even get me started on the legacy media, who completely lost their MINDS after Trump was elected.
The 51 spooks who signed onto the letter about HB under false pretenses destroyed any 'faith' in the CIA. The over the top persecution of the 1/6 protesters destroyed any confidence in the higher-ups at the FBI. It's called the Deep State.

Shouldn't it be the goal of Dems and Pubs to balance the budget, or at least reduce deficits ?

Seems to me, we will need both spending cuts and tax hikes to accomplish this.

Furthermore, capital gains tax increases, IMO, should be part of the discussion.
Yes, to all of this. But based on policies & spending from the Biden admin, these funds will likely not be used for balancing budgets or reducing deficits. They will be used to benefit only certain segments of the population, primarily those that Dems need to keep voting for them. I’ll pay more taxes willingly for infrastructure, defense, etc., but small bumps there while majority of increases go to these other programs is bs. What evidence have you seen that this administration has any desire or plans to balance the budget or reduce the deficit?

The 51 spooks who signed onto the letter about HB under false pretenses destroyed any 'faith' in the CIA. The over the top persecution of the 1/6 protesters destroyed any confidence in the higher-ups at the FBI. It's called the Deep State.
Don't forget the Whitmer kidnapping hoax the feds cooked up. Tulsi nailed that on Joe Rogan today.

Yes, to all of this. But based on policies & spending from the Biden admin, these funds will likely not be used for balancing budgets or reducing deficits. They will be used to benefit only certain segments of the population, primarily those that Dems need to keep voting for them. I’ll pay more taxes willingly for infrastructure, defense, etc., but small bumps there while majority of increases go to these other programs is bs. What evidence have you seen that this administration has any desire or plans to balance the budget or reduce the deficit?

Since when does Biden or any politician who represents a majority big enough to elect him not serve what he perceives is in their interest

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

you are right about some things, wrong about some things but this? what in the actual f*ck? lol

Since when does Biden or any politician who represents a majority big enough to elect him not serve what he perceives is in their interest
Then why suggest their motives are to reduce the deficit and balance the budget?

Then why suggest their motives are to reduce the deficit and balance the budget?
Let us be honest here.

I said the Dems and Pubs should have the goal of balancing the budget, or at least reducing deficits.

However, for decades they have given lip service to this while taking the easy path. The easy path being to spend on programs their constituents like while not upsetting them by raising taxes enough to cover the spending.

To date the easy path hasn't been a complete disaster and the economy has chugged along in spite of warnings by economists that a day reckoning will come. That day being when the big entitlements Medicare and Social Security cannot provide the benefits as promised.

Let us be honest here.

I said the Dems and Pubs should have the goal of balancing the budget, or at least reducing deficits.

However, for decades they have given lip service to this while taking the easy path. The easy path being to spend on programs their constituents like while not upsetting them by raising taxes enough to cover the spending.

To date the easy path hasn't been a complete disaster and the economy has chugged along in spite of warnings by economists that a day reckoning will come. That day being when the big entitlements Medicare and Social Security cannot provide the benefits as promised.
I think we'll eventually and miraculously agree to fix our staggering budget deficits right before the bond market collapses and not a minute sooner...

fingers crossed

I think we'll eventually and miraculously agree to fix our staggering budget deficits right before the bond market collapses and not a minute sooner...

fingers crossed

Manichi, you bringing up the bond market reminds me of our reliance on foreign investors to at least some extent helping us by financing our deficits.

For this we can be thankful, but how long will it last ?

Manichi, you bringing up the bond market reminds me of our reliance on foreign investors to at least some extent helping us by financing our deficits.

For this we can be thankful, but how long will it last ?

good question. probably lasts as long as we have military primacy but maybe we can't do that without running massive budget deficits. it's a crazy trap we find ourselves in.

fingers crossed
I’m going with higher inflation and monetization of the debt.

Edit: I think the decision was made when Democrats refused to make cuts back in May of 22. They just can’t say it out loud.

Reactions: manichi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT