ADVERTISEMENT

Official Pacer game thread

Watched the video of Haliburton leave the post game interview. He could barely walk. It was painful to see. This may not be their year.

Did anyone see Brunson complaining that he got fouled on his last shot?
I watched the replay and saw no foul, nothing even close!
Brunson continued to complain even after the game.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Watched the video of Haliburton leave the post game interview. He could barely walk. It was painful to see. This may not be their year.
It’s a bummer. Something hasn’t been right since the injury, and whatever fix they apply barely lasts a whole game. Hali is a tough player.

The Pacers drafted in the top ten last year. They made a huge leap this year. Just need to build off the success of this season and take the next step in 2025.

Hali is tough. And when he’s really feeling it, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a Pacer like him. He’s as creative with the ball as anyone in the game.

The NBA is the worst of the 4 major US professional Leagues and it’s not close.
Naw, the regular season is pretty much just entertainment with a little competition thrown in but the playoffs are different story.

Plus, baseball is not a spectator sport, it's more an outside drinking festivity and one you can follow through box scores. Unless you want to nap? Then baseball does the job. Football is... well it's football... It's coached by raving idiots pretending to be drill sergeants and is just an excuse to drink while watching 2.5 hours of commercials and listening to talking heads pontificate and drone on about the greatness of mental midgets in too tight pants who can run real fast..... Playoff hockey is pretty good .. regular season is a bore though ..

Pro sports basically sucks, but we all like different things ..

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Yep series still has not started! Best of three now!
How depressing would it be to be a T-Wolves fan tonight? Those poor bastards are starin’ a 2-2 tie in the face right now (down 15 at the half) after decisively winning the first TWO games in Denver. Can’t help but smile when I think of the morons on ESPN and Fox crowning their ass last week while also shoveling dirt on Indiana before the Knicks series even started.

It would be sweet if we could get them in Game 5 and have a chance to close it out at home.
The amount of emotion the team played with yesterday after the win on Friday, was impressive. If they can reset that again today and play that feisty on defense tomorrow, they should win that game big again. The Knicks success is predicated on their defense and without OG, the Knicks are not the same level team defensively.

I’m not sure there’s a team in the NBA that can truly run with the Pacers. It’s like watching Loyola Marymount all over again. They don’t particularly care if you score, just do it in a hurry so we can get the ball back. A 7-game series played every other day is exactly what the Pacers are built for. They’ve worn both teams down in these first 2 series. If they finish this off, the Celtics series should be incredible. Their older guys will find out in a hurry the Pacers are no joke.

Reactions: gator mcCluskey
The amount of emotion the team played with yesterday after the win on Friday, was impressive. If they can reset that again today and play that feisty on defense tomorrow, they should win that game big again. The Knicks success is predicated on their defense and without OG, the Knicks are not the same level team defensively.

The Knicks may be wearing out too. One hopes anyway

There is another important stat: who are tonight's referees and how did the Pacers fare when they had each of those refs during the regular season.

This is the NBA, after all.

Don’t get me started on Scott Foster. I’m not sure how a guy who’s been mixed up in so much controversy over the years gets to keep his job AND ref most of the biggest games. It’s like the NBA really enjoys refs bringing chaos to a game.

Last edited:
I don't follow it closely enough...does Foster normally have beef with Carlisle or any Pacers players. I know he does with a few players, namely Chris Paul...

But how is this crew gonna hurt the Pacers, more than a normal NBA crew likely would tonight? Are they normally homers, favored team bias...?

I don't follow it closely enough...does Foster normally have beef with Carlisle or any Pacers players. I know he does with a few players, namely Chris Paul...

But how is this crew gonna hurt the Pacers, more than a normal NBA crew likely would tonight? Are they normally homers, favored team bias...?
He has history. Just google him. Foster is the teddy valentine of the NBA only worse. He’s also best buds with the Vegas cheating crew. Known for making a game of it. Comfortable lead? Nope he has more close and OT games than any other ref. Some dude put a spreadsheet together and this guy pops out every single time.

He has history. Just google him. Foster is the teddy valentine of the NBA only worse. He’s also best buds with the Vegas cheating crew. Known for making a game of it. Comfortable lead? Nope he has more close and OT games than any other ref. Some dude put a spreadsheet together and this guy pops out every single time.
So the NBA needs this game to be very competitive, and would probably strongly prefer a Knicks win...put a guy on the game that's notorious for games ending up close at the end...

Seems about right.

Eerily reminiscent of Game 5 in Milwaukee. Only the Pacers are now down 3-2 instead of being up 3-2.

Did someone take their balls before the game?

The Pacers drafted in the top ten last year. They made a huge leap this year. Just need to build off the success of this season and take the next step in 2025.
The Pacers have not been relevant since the old ABA days.
Every year with that organization is supposedly the next step. There so many damn steps over the years that you could walk from here to LA by now. Pacers have always been a small market team with no superstars. Never a Jordan or Lebron type to go here. Reggie is probably as close as it gets. They won’t advance this year, or the next or the year after that. This has been going for decades. They’ve always been the bridesmaid, never the bride.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT