ADVERTISEMENT

Official Pacer game thread

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
Hartenstein is practicing jumping over peoples backs and tipping the ball out in the warmup line, refs just removed their contacts. replay center watching a 3rd grade girls' game to prep for tonight if they get called upon. they just checked Nesmith and told him he couldn't wear a shoe on his hand it confuses them

Haliburton is a regular season star, too weak for playoff basketball

This is a dumb take. Or, as Merry prankster would simply say, dumb.
Haliburton played well tonight. The reason he played poorly last game was because of his back, as he was questionable for game one. People are not paying attention.

Is it the Hicks vs. the Fix? Kidding. There is not conspiracy for the Knicks winning. The Pacers didn’t play well tonight.

Reactions: outside shooter
This is a dumb take. Or, as Merry prankster would simply say, dumb.
Haliburton played well tonight. The reason he played poorly last game was because of his back, as he was questionable for game one. People are not paying attention.

Is it the Hicks vs. the Fix? Kidding. There is not conspiracy for the Knicks winning. The Pacers didn’t play well tonight.
it's my opinion don't have to call me dumb; pacers are an above average team with average talent, got lucky the bucks were all banged up, couldn't take advantage tonight of all the knicks injuries. have to win game 3 to extend it to 5 or 6 games at most,

it's my opinion don't have to call me dumb; pacers are an above average team with average talent, got lucky the bucks were all banged up, couldn't take advantage tonight of all the knicks injuries. have to win game 3 to extend it to 5 or 6 games at most,

I don’t know why the Knicks are so highly favored here in this series. The two opposing point guards are a complete contrast in styles, but equal. One is “score first” and the other “pass first”. The rest of the players are a push. The knicks have more playoff experience, no doubt. The Pacers have superior bench depth, and Carlisle is using it, thankfully. At some point the Knicks might get worn out, and to my eyes, theyr’e getting there.. They are super thin on depth. Their bench is last in production in the NBA. Imagine the Pacers runnning them to death in the next two games in Indy w the Home court advantage. I’m speculating here, but, the Pacers should win the next two games at home. Their home record is v strong. If the pacers stay healthy, that will wear down the Knicks, and by the time game five rolls around, it’ll be a different kind of series.

Pacers looked pretty shitty tonight. The defense in the second half was terrible. They can hopefully make the adjustments going into game five and make this go to seven games. The officials can only help so much. ‘Hicks vs the Fix”. I’m still going with the Hicks.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I don’t know why the Knicks are so highly favored here in this series. The two opposing point guards are a complete contrast in styles, but equal. One is “score first” and the other “pass first”. The rest of the players are a push. The knicks have more playoff experience, no doubt. The Pacers have superior bench depth, and Carlisle is using it, thankfully. At some point the Knicks might get worn out, and to my eyes, theyr’e getting there.. They are super thin on depth. Their bench is last in production in the NBA. Imagine the Pacers runnning them to death in the next two games in Indy w the Home court advantage. I’m speculating here, but, the Pacers should win the next two games at home. Their home record is v strong. If the pacers stay healthy, that will wear down the Knicks, and by the time game five rolls around, it’ll be a different kind of series.

Pacers looked pretty shitty tonight. The defense in the second half was terrible. They can hopefully make the adjustments going into game five and make this go to seven games. The officials can only help so much. ‘Hicks vs the Fix”. I’m still going with the Hicks.

Carlisle sucked tonight. And I think he knew it getting purposely ejected at the end.

McConnell has shown through 2 games to be the only player that can defend Brunson. And he sat on the bench throughout both 4q.... Like they were using regular rotations.

The Knicks aren't playing rotations. They have zero bench. Why are we still playing normal regular season rotations? It's a matchup game.

Play the game that is in front of you.

Then why are you commenting?

Do you get a medal for not watching?
Glad I didnt watch because I know its rigged! I said after game 1 that would be the last nba game I ever watch! Ive browsed a lot of comments from the national media and it seems Im not the only one who thinks its rigged.
Carlisle said they will be submitting all these bad calls to the nba after this game with atleast 78 bad calls against them! NBA wont do anything but it’d be nice for this to go public like the last 2 min report. If the NBA would hold refs accountable or fix the way games are called, then I may gain more interest, but until then, I got better things to do.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40111250/pacers-file-complaint-78-calls-nba-source-says

Glad I didnt watch because I know its rigged! I said after game 1 that would be the last nba game I ever watch! Ive browsed a lot of comments from the national media and it seems Im not the only one who thinks its rigged.
Carlisle said they will be submitting all these bad calls to the nba after this game with atleast 78 bad calls against them! NBA wont do anything but it’d be nice for this to go public like the last 2 min report. If the NBA would hold refs accountable or fix the way games are called, then I may gain more interest, but until then, I got better things to do.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40111250/pacers-file-complaint-78-calls-nba-source-says

Officiating was bad, particularly with Brunson flops...but that's not to blame for getting beat by 19 points in 2nd half.

An interior enforcer wouldn't hurt. Turner is a quality shot blocker but he's not intimidating anyone in the paint when it comes time for these big boy playoff games.

Tyrese had the worst 34 point game you'll ever see
turner is the most inconsistent player in the NBA he is either really good or disappears

New York generates way more $, and the refs feel the pressure of NY’s fans and media. Perfect storm for us to be bent over.

Haven’t been able to watch much of the series, but I’ve been annoyed at how the national media is writing stories that downplay the BS the Pacer’s have to overcome.
That Knick team is tough as nails. They are really thin on personnel with the injuries but play hard as hell. The Pacers better take the next two because even though they are limited, and OG was out, they played with more energy yesterday in Q4 then the Pacers.

Carlisle sucked tonight. And I think he knew it getting purposely ejected at the end.

McConnell has shown through 2 games to be the only player that can defend Brunson. And he sat on the bench throughout both 4q.... Like they were using regular rotations.

The Knicks aren't playing rotations. They have zero bench. Why are we still playing normal regular season rotations? It's a matchup game.

Play the game that is in front of you.

I respectfully, and strenuously disagree. Knicks are dead last in the NBA in bench scoring. The Pacers are first. You want Carlisle to toss out a huge advantage here? That makes no sense. The Pacers play at a very high tempo, and they do that by design. I get that they lost the last two games. I’d suggest they very likely could have game one in the bag had there not been nsome officiating shenanigans. (I’m not suggesting a fix is in. I think the officials are just terrible….plus, theres a home court advantage)

Carlisle should keep doing what hes doing and hope for the best. If he fails, then let’s talk. For now, i see the wisdom of his strategy.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I respectfully, and strenuously disagree. Knicks are dead last in the NBA in bench scoring. The Pacers are first. You want Carlisle to toss out a huge advantage here? That makes no sense. The Pacers play at a very high tempo, and they do that by design. I get that they lost the last two games. I’d suggest they very likely could have game one in the bag had there not been nsome officiating shenanigans. (I’m not suggesting a fix is in. I think the officials are just terrible….plus, theres a home court advantage)

Carlisle should keep doing what hes doing and hope for the best. If he fails, then let’s talk. For now, i see the wisdom of his strategy.

Where did I say they shouldn't use their bench?

I'm saying only that McConnell should have been on the floor instead of Nembhard in the 4q of both games. Nembhard has been getting destroyed by Brunson all serious. McConnell has at least made things more difficult for him.

And I'm by far not the only one saying it. He was grilled on it in post game. Said he considered it, but decided to just do what they've been doing in the regular season regarding rotations.

I'm saying only that McConnell should have been on the floor instead of Nembhard in the 4q of both games. Nembhard has been getting destroyed by Brunson all serious. McConnell has at least made things more difficult for him.

And I'm by far not the only one saying it. He was grilled on it in post game. Said he considered it, but decided to just do what they've been doing in the regular season regarding rotations.
Exactly. Play whatever rotations you want in the first 40 minutes. The last 8 minutes you need to play whatever players are playing the best. McConnell and Obi should certainly be in the game instead of Nemhard and Pascal. Hell, I'd probably take Jackson over Myles too. Nesmith isn't exactly killing it either. Bench him and put the rookie in. It'd be mind-blowing to see 4 subs and a starter to end the game.

Fair enough. I misinterpreted your statement. You said “Why are we still playing normal regular season rotations?” I took that to mean why has Carlisle not shortened his bench for the playoffs? Which by the way, soooo many knuckle heads have been asking that very thing on twitter. Of course I see that opinion as idiotic. You are not saying that, so apologies. Yes, McConnell is playing very well so far this series, and probably should be getting more minutes. I also think Brunson will wear out at some point, especially with the platooning and the full court pressure being thrown at the Knicks. The next couple games should go Indiana’s way, especially now that OG is out for the next game. Also, home court advantage and all that….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT