ADVERTISEMENT

No Path forward for Allen

Do you, or anybody else really, believe Allen and this team with the existing OL and DL has a realistic chance of even being competitive in these last two games, much less actually winning? Have you been watching this team? I thought after watching the first three games that IU had as good a chance of losing out the rest of the season as winning even one or two games. The early wins were highly flawed.

After Cincinnati, the odds of them losing out became quite high and then after the Nebraska loss I was pretty sure they would lose out. I've seen nothing that tells me this team is capable of winning anything. The game is won, to a large degree, in the trenches and IU can't beat anyone in the trenches. I think one other thing is obvious, they don't practice until their execution is flawless on anything. Maybe Charles Campbell and the placekicking game, that's about it.

Allen makes a big deal out of plays they should make every . . single . . time. Great coaches don't act like that. I think LEO is great, but the guy's job is to win football games, not sure Allen realizes that. Allen doesn't know his own limitations. When the contract extention and pay boost came up, the smarter move would have been for Allen to forego the personal increases and ask that the money be put into the pool to pay big money for the OC and DC and then, only then, and only if Allen gave up on the idea of folks he knew and only absolute cultural fits and his own defensive prowess could he have gotten the expertise he needed to be a winning coach.

Because of the buyout, the next two seasons look to be pretty pointless. IU is just an FCS school on every other B1G team's schedule now. A veritable speed bump. Hugely embarrassing.
Solid call.

Do you, or anybody else really, believe Allen and this team with the existing OL and DL has a realistic chance of even being competitive in these last two games, much less actually winning? Have you been watching this team? I thought after watching the first three games that IU had as good a chance of losing out the rest of the season as winning even one or two games. The early wins were highly flawed.

After Cincinnati, the odds of them losing out became quite high and then after the Nebraska loss I was pretty sure they would lose out. I've seen nothing that tells me this team is capable of winning anything. The game is won, to a large degree, in the trenches and IU can't beat anyone in the trenches. I think one other thing is obvious, they don't practice until their execution is flawless on anything. Maybe Charles Campbell and the placekicking game, that's about it.

Allen makes a big deal out of plays they should make every . . single . . time. Great coaches don't act like that. I think LEO is great, but the guy's job is to win football games, not sure Allen realizes that. Allen doesn't know his own limitations. When the contract extention and pay boost came up, the smarter move would have been for Allen to forego the personal increases and ask that the money be put into the pool to pay big money for the OC and DC and then, only then, and only if Allen gave up on the idea of folks he knew and only absolute cultural fits and his own defensive prowess could he have gotten the expertise he needed to be a winning coach.

Because of the buyout, the next two seasons look to be pretty pointless. IU is just an FCS school on every other B1G team's schedule now. A veritable speed bump. Hugely embarrassing.
OOPS!

Miraculous! Stats would say IU should have been blown out, just shows stats are for losers. Amazing.
Stats aren't for losers. Making stupid predictions is for losers. I coulda lived with predicting an MSU team would win. They were favored at home. I didn't even take points, and I bet the under, which was toast in the 3rd quarter.

It's the claim that it wouldn't be competitive, combined with your claims that you knew all along, that make you look dumb.

Maybe sit a few more out, champ. Or at least quit doubling down.

Yeah, a miracle. Or maybe you don't know as much as you think you do.
Do you really think the second half of this game changes anything that we've seen for the last seven and a half games? Even a blind quirrel finds a nut, even a broken clock works twice a day, etc. I have no idea how what happened in the second half ocurred, you don't either. But, like the other wins there was a lot of luck involved and missed plays by the Spartans. If you don't see that then unfortunately you're still on the CTA bandwagon. I've seen enough of Allen's lunatic behavior on the sideline and enough of his mistake riddled teams to know that he just isn't a good HC. From multiple perspectives. And you have exactly zero arguments that would counter his obvious failings for four of his six years.

Reactions: kmathum
Stats aren't for losers. Making stupid predictions is for losers. I coulda lived with predicting an MSU team would win. They were favored at home. I didn't even take points, and I bet the under, which was toast in the 3rd quarter.

It's the claim that it wouldn't be competitive, combined with your claims that you knew all along, that make you look dumb.

Maybe sit a few more out, champ. Or at least quit doubling down.
Everyone, literally everyone predicted IU to lose this one badly. Name one line that had IU winning today? Sit this one out, you didn't predict they'd win and if you still think Allen is a good HC then you need to step back and learn how to think rationally and with logic.

The stats in this game were for losers because IU was demolished in every category except rushing where IU only rushed for 15 more yards than MSU and MSU had the one pick. IU won on a blown ST coverage and a lot of luck.

You look even dumber trying to defend whats happened this year like you're some expert. You can't say "I told you so" unless you did, which you didn't. So sit back and chill worshipping at your CTA shrine. Burn a little incense for me. But lay off the wicked weed, it's affecting your logic.

Everyone, literally everyone predicted IU to lose this one badly. Name one line that had IU winning today? Sit this one out, you didn't predict they'd win and if you still think Allen is a good HC then you need to step back and learn how to think rationally and with logic.

The stats in this game were for losers because IU was demolished in every category except rushing where IU only rushed for 15 more yards than MSU and MSU had the one pick. IU won on a blown ST coverage and a lot of luck.

You look even dumber trying to defend whats happened this year like you're some expert. You can't say "I told you so" unless you did, which you didn't. So sit back and chill worshipping at your CTA shrine. Burn a little incense for me. But lay off the wicked weed, it's affecting your logic.
Lol. Tripling down after your prediction blew up in your face. Very logical.

I don't need another dumb fight with an intransigent poster. Your predicted a non-competitive game. You were wrong. If you can't admit it, then you are wrong and stubborn. If thats how you want to be, so be it. I am laughing at you either way.

Lol. Tripling down after your prediction blew up in your face. Very logical.

I don't need another dumb fight with an intransigent poster. Your predicted a non-competitive game. You were wrong. If you can't admit it, then you are wrong and stubborn. If thats how you want to be, so be it. I am laughing at you either way.
Thats all you got? Again "i told you sos" don't work uless you were on record saying it would be a competitive game and IU would win, you didn't. You just sound really pathetic belaboring this. Troll.

250 yards rushing, no turnovers, special teams big plays isn't luck.
IU gave up 540 yards, MSU had nearly as many rushing yards at 242, IU had 31 total passing yards, which includes the two OTs. IU was one dimensional on O, was shredded on D and few teams can win, much less win consistently, with ST play. MSU missed a chip shot FG at the end of regulation to put it into OT. So, yes, to a certain extent IU was lucky.

Reactions: IndyIUFan66
IU gave up 540 yards, MSU had nearly as many rushing yards at 242, IU had 31 total passing yards, which includes the two OTs. IU was one dimensional on O, was shredded on D and few teams can win, much less win consistently, with ST play. MSU missed a chip shot FG at the end of regulation to put it into OT. So, yes, to a certain extent IU was lucky.
MSU threw a pick. Got lucky on the defected TD. 2pt TD pass doesn't count in stats.

Game is on BIG. You should watch and cry more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT