ADVERTISEMENT

Nice article about our freshman...

Good stuff.

It’s sort of surprising he was going the G-League Ignite route vs college (before G-L Ignite shutdown). He seems like someone who would go for college ball over G-L Ignite given his academic focus growing up. And yea I know even in college all the focus is getting to the NBA.

Doesn’t matter, just an interesting decision I would not have expected.

I've been in the minority with this opinion but I strongly believe that a line-up of Ballo, Mgbako, Tucker, Carlyle and, Rice with Reneau, Goode and Galloway as mass substitution number one is our best setup. We have 8 guys that are going to play +20 minutes and the idea would be versatility without any drop off in terms of production on both sides of the ball. The closers are Reneau, Mgbako, Goode, Galloway and Rice.

Reactions: Boris442
Yeah...it's interesting...we've had loads of articles/media on the kids coming in thought the transfer portal and the impact they're having on our roster make up...and many of those articles gloss over Tucker. @Tammany Hall wrote that he was thinking of going to the G League Ignite, which I had not heard (I'm sure I missed it in various and sundry articles/media)...

It's going to be interesting following his story.

He sounds like a really good kid.

Reactions: Gage Fu and 76-1
I've been in the minority with this opinion but I strongly believe that a line-up of Ballo, Mgbako, Tucker, Carlyle and, Rice with Reneau, Goode and Galloway as mass substitution number one is our best setup. We have 8 guys that are going to play +20 minutes and the idea would be versatility without any drop off in terms of production on both sides of the ball. The closers are Reneau, Mgbako, Goode, Galloway and Rice.
There's no way to know this, at this point...but it is fun to speculate on!

Seems fair to say that the following 8 guys, most likely, will be our main rotation as the conference season rolls around.

Rice
Carlyle
Mgbako
Reneau
Ballo
Tucker
Gallo
Goode

Assuming we get Hatton, I think he and Cupps will have similar backup roles. There will be games where injuries and/or foul troubles force either of them to play a lot of minutes. But mostly, they'll be 10 minutes or so, maybe less depending on matchups and game flow.

Newton is a wild card. Wouldn't be shocked to see him bust the door down and take some sort of main rotation spot. But calling that is tough until seeing him play some college minutes. I guess same could be said about Tucker. But the more I read, watch, and hear of him, he's gonna be a main rotation guy.

Leal will be an occasional use guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT