ADVERTISEMENT

News to feed your soul....why Todd Frazier's win of the Home Run Derby has me stoked

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
I know a lot of people think it's silly. But tonight's win by hometown favorite Todd Frazier was electric. He did not hit the longest balls tonight; not even close. However, he still managed to pull off the win. More importantly, Todd Frazier is simply a great, great guy. Some may remember the bond he formed with honorary bat boy Ted Kremer a couple of years ago:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/teddy-reds-batboy-cheers-_n_3114231.html

And one of the many things I love about Cincinnati is that Todd Frazier, like Ted Kremer, now has a key to the city--and the locks will never be changed.

I know a lot of people think it's silly. But tonight's win by hometown favorite Todd Frazier was electric. He did not hit the longest balls tonight; not even close. However, he still managed to pull off the win. More importantly, Todd Frazier is simply a great, great guy. Some may remember the bond he formed with honorary bat boy Ted Kremer a couple of years ago:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/teddy-reds-batboy-cheers-_n_3114231.html

And one of the many things I love about Cincinnati is that Todd Frazier, like Ted Kremer, now has a key to the city--and the locks will never be changed.

Was there last night and it was great. You're right about Frazier, or "Toad", as his brothers call him. (Nothing like brothers to bring you back to earth.) I hope the Reds can/will keep him, but the Yankees and Mets have the money and who knows when the fire sale begins.

Leaving in a few after we gather everyone up to get parked under Washington Park and to OTR for a few pops before we head to the game.

One thing that is really cool about MLB now is the young stars - Trout, Pederson, Bryant, Harper et al - who will carry the game now. Makes me think of James Earl Jones' soliloquy near the end of Field of Dreams ....

Was there last night and it was great. You're right about Frazier, or "Toad", as his brothers call him. (Nothing like brothers to bring you back to earth.) I hope the Reds can/will keep him, but the Yankees and Mets have the money and who knows when the fire sale begins.

Leaving in a few after we gather everyone up to get parked under Washington Park and to OTR for a few pops before we head to the game.

One thing that is really cool about MLB now is the young stars - Trout, Pederson, Bryant, Harper et al - who will carry the game now. Makes me think of James Earl Jones' soliloquy near the end of Field of Dreams ....

Castellini won't trade Frazier--he can't, not after last night. Even before last night, I don't think he would have entertained offers for Frazier.

Have fun! Got an extra ticket? I'll buy the beers.

Images from today's All-Star Parade in downtown Cincy:

From my office:

J2DdQwL.jpg

Todd Frazier:

fk59aiD.jpg

Big crowd:

8GO3czQ.jpg

Reactions: mike41703
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT