ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska 2024

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Lets look at Nebraska's 2024-25 prospects.

With the news that Mast will sit out '24-25, Nebraska has lost 2/3 of their best players from the '23-24 team (Tominaga being the other and the heart of the team).

The possible rotation- players--

--6'10" Andrew Morgan (TR)
--6'4" Rollie Worster (TR)
--6'7" Brice Williams
--6'3" Ahron Ulis
--6'6" Juwan Gary
--6'4" Connor Essegian (TR)
--7'1" Braxton Meah (TR)
--6'3" Nick Janowski (FR)
--6'8" Gavin Gfiffiths

I feel like these 9 players will all get some decent minutes. The 10th active player is Braden Frager, a local 6'6" kid who reclassified from '25, and who is apparently imposing physically, but a raw talent. The 11th guy on the roster is Mast, leaving 2 open 'ships.

Morgan appears to be something of a 'poor man's' Mast. Meah can rebound and has shot 72% for his career from the field but only split time at Washington. Under the circumstances, he looks like an excellent portal addition for them. The second biggest ? may be if Griffiths can produce. He was a 5* recruit for Rutgers last year but hardly looked the part. Williams looked like an emerging star last year, and Gary's a very productive guy. Worster seems like a really capable veteran past first pg who can also score, but is less than great from 3. I would think he starts over Ulis there, but Ulis is ok as well. There's definitely a role for Essegian, and Janowski was a pretty well-regarded as a sharpshooter in the '24 class.

Overall this looks like a solid team to me., but one without a huge upside. They look like a borderline tourney team and a team that could finish 6th-10th in the 18 team BT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
Lets look at Nebraska's 2024-25 prospects.

With the news that Mast will sit out '24-25, Nebraska has lost 2/3 of their best players from the '23-24 team (Tominaga being the other and the heart of the team).

The possible rotation- players--

--6'10" Andrew Morgan (TR)
--6'4" Rollie Worster (TR)
--6'7" Brice Williams
--6'3" Ahron Ulis
--6'6" Juwan Gary
--6'4" Connor Essegian (TR)
--7'1" Braxton Meah (TR)
--6'3" Nick Janowski (FR)
--6'8" Gavin Gfiffiths

I feel like these 9 players will all get some decent minutes. The 10th active player is Braden Frager, a local 6'6" kid who reclassified from '25, and who is apparently imposing physically, but a raw talent. The 11th guy on the roster is Mast, leaving 2 open 'ships.

Morgan appears to be something of a 'poor man's' Mast. Meah can rebound and has shot 72% for his career from the field but only split time at Washington. Under the circumstances, he looks like an excellent portal addition for them. The second biggest ? may be if Griffiths can produce. He was a 5* recruit for Rutgers last year but hardly looked the part. Williams looked like an emerging star last year, and Gary's a very productive guy. Worster seems like a really capable veteran past first pg who can also score, but is less than great from 3. I would think he starts over Ulis there, but Ulis is ok as well. There's definitely a role for Essegian, and Janowski was a pretty well-regarded as a sharpshooter in the '24 class.

Overall this looks like a solid team to me., but one without a huge upside. They look like a borderline tourney team and a team that could finish 6th-10th in the 18 team BT.
Yes I would peg them as a bubble team. If Fred gets them in easy and is 5th or 6th in the league, that would be overachieving IMO.

Reactions: RRgo and kkott
The last memory of Nebraska was a complete dismantling by them and Woody getting intentionally tossed to save from walking off the court with his team. He took the easy way out. That was the IU basketball season in a nutshell right there.
Let’s leave Nebraska alone for a bit. Bad memories.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Chicago-bound Hoosier’s reference to Captain Bonzai was hilarious, in a respectful way, but I didn’t have a chance to thank him for the laugh at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT