ADVERTISEMENT

National Divorce happening

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009

And who cares if it is happening? I view this as a feature and not a bug of the United States. People being able to move easily to a government more suitable to their own needs and wants is a great thing for the long term stability of a nation the size of the U.S. This is one of the main reasons I’m still bullish on the U.S.

Last edited:

And who cares if it is happening? I view this as a feature and not a bug of the United States. People being able to move easily to a government more suitable to their own needs and wants is a great for the long term stability of a nation the size of the U.S. This is one of the main reasons I’m still bullish on the U.S.
I’d agree with you, but whoever has the federal government gun seems intent on wielding it against the other.

It boggles the mind how people don’t understand that the only way this country can be sustained long term is to drastically reduce the size and scope of the Federal government.

I’d agree with you, but whoever has the federal government gun seems intent on wielding it against the other.

It boggles the mind how people don’t understand that the only way this country can be sustained long term is to drastically reduce the size and scope of the Federal government.
The founding fathers should have added a balance budget amendment. I think long term Bitcoin will force the federal government to be more fiscally responsible. Or at least that’s my hope.

Last edited:
The founding fathers should have added a balance budget amendment. I think long term Bitcoin will force the federal government to be more fiscally responsible. Or least that’s my hope.
The founding fathers were arguing over whether the federal government should even be allowed to take out debt, the idea of what we have today would make them soil their britches.

The founding fathers were arguing over whether the federal government should even be allowed to take out debt, the idea of what we have today would make them soil their britches.
They were dudes that would sail up the Potomac, park in town for a week to agree on basic federal agreements, then go home and run their business per their state.

DC was basically a boat dock, the WH, the Capitol, some other ancillary buildings.

They were dudes that would sail up the Potomac, park in town for a week to agree on basic federal agreements, then go home and run their business per their state.

DC was basically a boat dock, the WH, the Capitol, some other ancillary buildings.
Yes, the world changes.

And who cares if it is happening? I view this as a feature and not a bug of the United States. People being able to move easily to a government more suitable to their own needs and wants is a great thing for the long term stability of a nation the size of the U.S. This is one of the main reasons I’m still bullish on the U.S.

Anyone who's anyone at our company bailed on NYC/LI and moved to Miami.

Not my jam (SE Florida) but I get it.

If you have a choice I’d never open a biz in ca or ny. The downside that I’m seeing to people and businesses leaving ca and ny for fla at least is it is driving up the cost of living in fla and now so fla is just Fing awful it’s so damn crowded. Delray to boca to Lauderdale to Miami is a mess

I don’t know about Texas yet. I’ve heard Austin is packed now. Musk etc

Reactions: snarlcakes
If you have a choice I’d never open a biz in ca or ny. The downside that I’m seeing to people and businesses leaving ca and ny for fla at least is it is driving up the cost of living in fla and now so fla is just Fing awful it’s so damn crowded. Delray to boca to Lauderdale to Miami is a mess

Colorado from Colorado Springs to Fort Collins is packed, and there are still thousands of acres of undeveloped ground. Democrats are all in on more transit and fewer roads so traffic is a mess-- and dangerous.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Austin is ridiculous. Home prices have skyrocketed. Traffic awful (infrastructure desperately needed). It was bad in 97 when I left and is now triple the size.

bitch @snarlcakes and i are gonna be rich florida. not trashy poor fla. we know where to go
florida GIF

She uses a rock for deodorant.
She believes fully in “if it’s yellow let it mellow”
Untamed bush
No bra ever
Bitches about the patriarchy while you pay for everything.

I can smell her from here.

Definitely goes to Phish concerts.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Austin is just fine. The traffic doesn't seem much worse than when I moved here in 2007. So what if it has grown in size. Haven't home prices went up everywhere for the most part. That said, US is good for hving a job but when I'm done working then hopefully Arequipa is the place to land.

Reactions: BradStevens

Snarlcakes, you bring up a good point about some Americans having the freedom to move into communities which can offer better jobs and/or a better life in general.

The 75 000 who left California and the 102,000 who departed New York are large numbers. However, as a percentage of each state's population these numbers are only a fraction of 1%.

Shouldn't our concerns be about the millions of people who are living in areas of poverty without a future who simply are too poor to move.

Why as a country we cannot see the long term benefits of relocating and training people who simply reside in the wrong places when they are desperately needed elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Sigh, as much as I love them, it's very true.

Was a LOT cleaner back in the 90's though. Or i was just dirtier. One or the other.

Brother, I did my fair share of Phish weekends back in the day...

By Saturday night, from personal experience, I was not clean.

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
Brother, I did my fair share of Phish weekends back in the day...

By Saturday night, from personal experience, I was not clean.
I was given tickets to a Phish concert at Deer Creek. I kind of knew what to expect, but not really.

The first set was pretty good. I was into it. Then they took a break - an intermission. As soon as they started again, the EMTs were all over the place, taking out the ODs. It was a non-stop parade of people on stretchers.

I was so distracted by that, I really didn't enjoy the rest of the show.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT