ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Woodson note from Hubers - scheduling

Hear me out. We want good players, right? The best? Good players want to play in the NBA. NBA teams want multi-dimensional guys with perimeter skills. Develop those guys, and they get drafted. Good players want to go to a program that's getting guys drafted. See my drift here?

And, this from a guy who really doesn't like the 3 pt shot and likes having big guys who can score and defend the paint. I just see how much the NBA game has changed, and I think over time it's influence will be felt at the college level too. The guys who think the NBA game is all 1 on 1 and no effort haven't watched the NBA for years. It's converted my thinking and I believe will also change the way college ball is played. Again, did you think St Marys was good? Baylor to me played more like an NBA team. I didn't watch much KS this year, but UNC to me improved because they improved their 3 pt shooting.

And I'm going solely off observation so feel free to prove me wrong!
The lane being 4' wider in NBA changes how the game can be played. Less post ups, more space.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
The lane being 4' wider in NBA changes how the game can be played. Less post ups, more space.
Defensive 3 seconds...
8 Second half court timeline...
24 second shot clock...

All this leads to more...quicker...ball and player movement, overall. As well as the wider lane, and even the foot deeper 3 point line.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Such a nearsighted argument. Playing UK at the Dome every year will only HELP IU's recruiting, in state and nationally. National TV, 36,000 fans and national coverage by the media. It sures beats that home game with South Alabama State...
Nearsighted is PUke dictating where the Hoosiers play a home game. To hell with them. We've got Kansas on board and if not yet finalized Zona is close to being set. IU doesn't need pUKe to be an elite program. 2 courses of action I absolutely reject, winning the toss and elect to KO and give up the advantage AH holds for HOOSIER BB as home court. Baffling.

Nearsighted is PUke dictating where the Hoosiers play a home game. To hell with them. We've got Kansas on board and if not yet finalized Zona is close to being set. IU doesn't need pUKe to be an elite program. 2 courses of action I absolutely reject, winning the toss and elect to KO and give up the advantage AH holds for HOOSIER BB as home court. Baffling.
Knight was fine with the neutral court for 20 years. The home and home with uk occurred for only a few years before IU cancelled the series to play a South Alabama State type for a home game. If you have attended an IU-uk game at the Dome, with 36,000 and a national game, you should understand. It took IU 8 years to schedule a comparable game, and this year it is AT Kansas. Arizona is at a neutral site - you have a problem with that too?

Knight was fine with the neutral court for 20 years. The home and home with uk occurred for only a few years before IU cancelled the series to play a South Alabama State type for a home game. If you have attended an IU-uk game at the Dome, with 36,000 and a national game, you should understand. It took IU 8 years to schedule a comparable game, and this year it is AT Kansas. Arizona is at a neutral site - you have a problem with that too?
I've been there and it helped formulate my adamit stance against giving pUke any step up. It took Coach Woodson 1 year to book Kansas. No problem with neutral sites out of state. Think deeper, if Criminallipari wants neutral site in the state of Indiana it is not for Hoosier BB benefit.

I've been there and it helped formulate my adamit stance against giving pUke any step up. It took Coach Woodson 1 year to book Kansas. No problem with neutral sites out of state. Think deeper, if Criminallipari wants neutral site in the state of Indiana it is not for Hoosier BB benefit.
What do you know about this neutral site matchup that Bob Knight didn't? I guess that we agree to disagree. Any high profile recruit from the state of Indiana will play AAU, and all schools will know about them. Playing a national TV/Media event with uk will only HELP IU's National and instate recruiting. If we ever want to return to elite status, which IU has lost, IU needs this type of game. IU benefits much more than uk does from this event.

Cal has signed only Trey Lyles from Central Indiana, along with Brooks from Ft Wayne. With NIL, IU can compete with uk for elite recruits. uk pays players and has for decades. It is now within the rules for the IU program, thru NIL, to do the same, resulting in a much more even playing field in regards to recruiting.

It is time for IU to play the best, anytime and anywhere.

What do you know about this neutral site matchup that Bob Knight didn't? I guess that we agree to disagree. Any high profile recruit from the state of Indiana will play AAU, and all schools will know about them. Playing a national TV/Media event with uk will only HELP IU's National and instate recruiting. If we ever want to return to elite status, which IU has lost, IU needs this type of game. IU benefits much more than uk does from this event.

Cal has signed only Trey Lyles from Central Indiana, along with Brooks from Ft Wayne. With NIL, IU can compete with uk for elite recruits. uk pays players and has for decades. It is now within the rules for the IU program, thru NIL, to do the same, resulting in a much more even playing field in regards to recruiting.

You don’t think playing Kansas and Arizona gives us more national exposure than a game against UK? Sure, playing UK means more regionally, especially in Southern Indiana, but I don’t think it has the same national cachet anymore like these other match-ups do.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
You don’t think playing Kansas and Arizona gives us more national exposure than a game against UK? Sure, playing UK means more regionally, especially in Southern Indiana, but I don’t think it has the same national cachet anymore like these other match-ups do.
UK-IU used to be more than equal to Duke-UNC. I hope IU plays ALL 3! uk is first choice.

Reactions: UncleMark

Only Lyles and Brooks is correct. That would note the pUKe freeze out is having some success. Cal needs no leg up. His demands are not intended to benefit ole IU.

• Haha
Reactions: jimmygoiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT