ADVERTISEMENT

Maui-thanks to Patrick-disappointed in Peegs re: Maui

iujknut

Redshirt
Sep 10, 2001
I have had the good fortune to go to three prior Maui invitationals, with my wife and part of my IU family. Am very much looking forward to being in Maui come November-with my wife and daughter (IU grad) and her husband. Since I now live principally in California I have made my own hotel (Hyatt) and travel arrangements, but do not have game tickets.

Notwithstanding having attended three prior trips, I could recall very little about ticket availability(although I always went there without tickets and got them easily), different types of ticket packages,pricing, resale possibility and a host of other numerous questions. Reading the various IU posts by fans made it clear that many fans had the same questions.

I specifically want to thank Patrick who took it upon himself to do a lot of research, provided as much information that was available, tried to become a source and if possible even buy tickets for IU fans who were going to Maui but did not have tickets. Thanks are due to other fans who also tried to obtain and share tidbits of knowledge.

On the other side of this I am very disappointed in Peegs. Given the tremendous following and interest shown by IU fans and the need for information, especially to the apparently large number of us who are traveling on their own, I think Peegs could have been helpful in getting information about the questions many people raised. To my awareness Peegs provided little if any information that many of us were seeking.

Given the access and reputation that Peegs has I believe Peegs could have obtained answer to questions of how much the tickets cost, if you just wanted to see IU play three games as against a book of tickets for all games, do they clear the Civic Center after each game. The question of whether if a person bought the whole all games package ($750 it turned out) could they resell unused tickets. That there was a two day package available would have been helpful to know. Pricing was virtually impossible to get.

So that's my general observation. I have been a Peegs subscriber for a long time (and an IU Varsity club contributor for fifty-three consecutive years). I pride myself as being as staunch IU fan as their is.

I realize that even saying it's a nice day will probably subject me to withering scorn.
I post rarely but Maui is a big deal-we could have used much more help-information along the way.

So again-Patrick you did a lot-and I for one thank you. Hope to meet up with you and other IU fans when in Maui. Thanks to IU, the education they gave me, and the good fortune that education helped us to get.

My bucket list includes one more IU Rose Bowl (saw last two IU bowl games-ugh) and another National basketball championship-#6.

Go Hoosiers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News