ADVERTISEMENT

Looking At The Experience

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Everything looks a bit different depending on where you look from.

Looked at our "classes"

Graduate and 5th year/RS Seniors - if you have them, they need to contribute, need to have impact. Leadership. We'll have OL Powell and DL Swann from Stanford. They pass the smell test on impact. P Whitehead got another year from the NCAA. Known entity. Will help. Newbie TE Khameron Taylor - who knows. At 270, if he's strong, he can block a little. If he's not slow, he can block a lot. Can he catch it? Marcellino Ball - now at around 6-0/220. Solid run defense. Can get isolated and picked on by good OC's. Situational. DL Jerome Johnson is solid plus. OL Nworah is solid. Nopbody here will dominate, but they can hold their own against most of our league.

4th Year Seniors. These are guys that schools like us have to get the best from. Schools like OSU send their 4th year best to the NFL as early-outs. If ours perform, we can win more big games, turn a close loss into a win, win the bowl. And they gotta be leaders. Can't hide. Can't be disliked. WR Fryfogle and Whop have already excelled. OL Crider, DB Layne and DL Ziemba have grown into Big Ten players.

All of the above are playing their last college rodeo. Whatever our 2020 season turns out to be, they will need to be as good and better as they have ever been for us to match or exceed last year.

We have 15 RS Juniors. This is their 4th year in a program - third on the field. Guys who have already been seen on the field some - LB Allen, OL Altimari, OL Beery, DL Bryant, DB Burgess, DB Fitzgerald, TE Hendershot, OL Jones, DL Reece.

We have 12 guys who are true juniors. Played as freshmen. Went juco. Transferred in. Some we know can compete - TE Bjorson. DL Head. DB Johnson. LB Jones. DB Monster. LB McFadden. RB Scott. DB Taylor. JUCO guys we need to see show up and make an impact - DL Elliot. OL Haggard.

If JUST the above guys answer the call, I likee.

But also look who we have in the "youngster" classes - multiple "highly touteds" Our 2 QB's - Penix and Tuttle. OL Bedford, ATH Ellis, RB James, DB Mullen, DL Sio.

And I see a dozen more who pass the "look test" and could impact our quality this season.

In a regular season, I'd be excited.

In this Corona mess, I don't know how to feel, but I like the roster.

Stay safe fellas.
Pray and hope for that breakthrough vaccine that puts this behind us.

12-0 Rose Bowl
POTFB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News