ADVERTISEMENT

Key Quotes From Kenya Hunter Q&A

allasley

All-American
Staff
Jun 21, 2019
We just got done talking with IU assistant coach Kenya Hunter.

We will have the full video in a bit.

Here are some of the key quotes:

Hunter on staying at IU: Once I was able to meet with coach Woodson for a couple days, it was a no brainer... I really wanted to stay. After meeting with coach Woodson, this is a good guy and I’d like to help him in his transition coming from the NBA.

Hunter on Xavier Johnson: He brings some of the things we missed a little last year. Obviously, the talent level. He has a gift, especially in transition to create, not only for himself but for others. First-step wise, he can get into the paint... He helps everyone around him to be better. Hopefully he can find easier baskets for some of our guys... He has a chance to be a great leader on the team.

Hunter on Parker Stewart: How coach Woodson wants play in transition, his 3-point shooting can help us. Coach Matta told me the other day, ‘Your guy Parker was 20-of-21 from 3'... He’s an older guy, which I like. He can knock down shots... Defensively, I think he should be able to guard multiple positions, one through three.

Hunter on Woodson's Offense: The vision of it, he wants to play more 4-out and 1-in and have different guys bringing the ball up the floor... play guys better to their strengths... We are playing at a pace that people are excited about... moving and sharing the ball.

Hunter more on Woodson's first 2+ weeks: For Trayce to come back and not even put his name in the portal, that’s a hell of thing for coach Woodson... We lost a couple of guys, but we feel like the majority of guys we got back, we can build a team that Indiana fans can be proud of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News