ADVERTISEMENT

Kel'el Ware Breaks Combine Record

They are so blasé about him being a physical 'freak' and started reeling off names. 'Empty with a chair' coming from two guys zooming in from their bedrooms.

I bet none of them mentioned are that skilled at 7ft incl Edey. Talking about him like he is just a Haner Perrea.

Too bad Wilt, who broke all the records when he played, doesn’t have combine numbers.

Wilt could dunk from the foul line from a standing start. … so they changed the rules.

Reactions: MG80 and kmathum
For some, NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT = not winning a Big 10 title and not getting to the second week end of the dance.
Yes, the "some" are generally referred to as Indiana basketball fans. I'm sure Ware's mom loves him no matter what. That really isn't the case for the majority of IU fans, who would rather win games....regardless of how high he can reach.

Nothing to show for it is: being ranked in the 90’s, ending the season with a 27 point loss to Nebraska, and not being close to making the tourney.

Ware was very good, but unfortunately we had roster construction and coaching issues so we couldn’t achieve much with him, which is too bad.

The portal fixed the roster issues, so next year should be much better.

Reactions: brianiu and 76-1
This Inside the Hall article lists 10 different mock drafts. Eight of the 10 predict KW going in the 1st round. Only The Athletic (at 33) and CBS Sports (doesn’t list the 2nd round) predict KW will not be drafted in the 1st round: https://www.insidethehall.com/2024/...-in-mock-drafts-after-2024-nba-draft-lottery/
Admittedly I know nothing about drafts, but KW seems like such a good fit for the current NBA style it would be surprising if he didn’t go in the first round. A mobile 7 footer who can shoot and has touch… surely a team is going to take that round 1. Additionally he seemed to be all-business at IU, so he will probably fit in well with most teams/locker rooms.

Reactions: kkott
KW’s likely being drafted in the 1st also adds to IU’s reputation as a program and university that can get you from here to there. It’s true that we should expect more from the program than that, but it is not nothing.
Is that a positive….or is it that IU does less with more than anyone in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
when you gain the capacity to learn you may understand...

This thread was about the accomplishment of an IU player who got 100 out of 100 on his scores, which Ware himself attributed his improvement to Woodson and staff, yet here you are with your agenda of denigrating Woodson. You can not help yourself. You will learn in time.

That partially is what drew Ware from Oregon to Indiana.
-
Playing for a former NBA coach who'd just developed an NBA big convinced Ware that Woodson could put him on a similar path.

"He just told me he was going to get me back to where I needed to be," Ware said. "If I chose to come to Indiana, he would be able to get me back here, he would be able to get me ready for it and I feel like that’s what he did."

Last edited:
Reactions: indiana ed
I stopped watching that video after the 2nd time they pronounced Kel'el's name incorrectly. It's pronounced exactly how it written. It's not KahLeel.

when you gain the capacity to learn you may understand...

This thread was about the accomplishment of an IU player who got 100 out of 100 on his scores, which Ware himself attributed his improvement to Woodson and staff, yet here you are with your agenda of denigrating Woodson. You can not help yourself. You will learn in time.
Then Woody has no excuses to not win then right? Or do we watch and learn? Something you preached last year and we had one of the most underachieving seasons in IU history.

Reactions: ndfanatic78
Ware to me is the NBA version of Isaiah Jackson for the Pacers! Can jump real high and is long and can block shots at the rim and get alley-oops, just can he be a consistent outside shooter is the only question!? He is better than TJD in that area, but TJD is better down low, basically because he ended up in the perfect spot in GS! I dont see him going anywhere to be a starter, but just a role player. But he can stick around for a decade or so making a good living being a backup pf/c! Probably a longer pro career than Edey imo!

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
Then Woody has no excuses to not win then right? Or do we watch and learn? Something you preached last year and we had one of the most underachieving seasons in IU history.
that is your opinion....but here you go again.. this thread is about a player and you can not help yourself to spew your denigrating agenda

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT