ADVERTISEMENT

Just hangin' out in Casey Key Florida.....

Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Wearing the IU gear at the Casey Key Fish House.
Gentleman approaches and says: " So, you a big IU fan?"

Me: "Born and raised. Alum. Cradle to the grave, sir.

He: "My grandson is the starting QB at Michigan State, Conner Cook. His dad is right over there (pointing to the tiki bar) and he played IU football."

I walk over to shake his hand but am trying to remember was he a tight end under Mallory?

This post was edited on 3/29 8:10 PM by Big Red Crimson Buffalo

For us working slugs still up north...please have an umbrella'd drink or ..

two in our honor. While you were gone......IU football picked to win the BIG, Pence signs new religious freedom law that guarantees 10,000 protesters during the FINAL 4 (that was freaking genious), MTIOTF surprised everyone and admitted he is a closet UL and Petrino fan, Gunner Kiel announces he is leaving Cincy and lastly FG announced a 20 year extension to TC because Bryant has IU in his top 50. Don't forget to wear your sun block!

This post was edited on 3/30 2:26 PM by BigRedFootballEd

Re: He looked late 70s but not sure...

....if this was the father or father-in-law of the Cook that played at IU.
He said "my grandson is the starting QB at Michigan State, Conner Cook and that's his dad over there."
I knew his dad played at IU and when he saw my IU gear he came over and gave me a handshake.
I will say that Conner Cook's father was tall and a big guy but in great shape. He looked every bit of a tight end material even in his 50s.

Re: He looked late 70s but not sure...

....if this was the father or father-in-law of the Cook that played at IU.
He said "my grandson is the starting QB at Michigan State, Conner Cook and that's his dad over there."
I knew his dad played at IU and when he saw my IU gear he came over and gave me a handshake.
I will say that Conner Cook's father was tall and a big guy but in great shape. He looked every bit of a tight end material even in his 50s.

Love that avatar.
Wish IU would adopt the bison again.
"The Fightin' Hoosier Bison" has all kinds or marketing opps, and still allows the use of the pitchfork IU:
Imagine this in crimson, with a cream IU"

51PiAVcaWSL._SL500_.jpg

Or this:
20126142014267591.jpg

Or some of these:

9a281eea0823964dfb2915823c248417279454714.png

wearing this:

img-thing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT