ADVERTISEMENT

IU@Rutgers weekend preview as IU shakes up their starting rotation...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Here's the link to the preview. Rutgers has the 2nd longest win streak in the country at 12 games and they are currently 27-6 overall and 8-1 in the B1G. They just came off a three-game sweep of Nebraska last weekend in Lincoln. IU has shaken up their weekend rotation for this one going with Modugno on Friday against what I assume will probably be Rutgers No. 1 pitcher in the rotation, which is what teams usually do with the Friday start. Perkins will pitch on Saturday and Brehmer on Sunday. Starting Modugno on Friday is almost as if Mercer is conceding a win on that day, with our best weekend pitcher going against what I assume will be Rutgers' No. 2 pitcher, and Brehmer, our No. 2 pitcher, going against their No. 3 pitcher. Modugno was our Friday starter at the start of the season, and he got battered in his starts and quickly ended up in the bullpen. He started the Indiana St. game and got through the 1st inning but got hit hard in the 2nd inning giving up three doubles and a single for 3 ERs and did not pitch the 3rd. Modugno has given up 15 extra base hits so far on the season, but maybe he's due for a good game (let's hope.)

• Wow
Reactions: mk30 and 82IU
Maybe they are throwing him a bone, so to speak, because he is a Jersey Boy. They may hope he will have a chip on his shoulder and really compete today against them. I hope he and Serruto have monster games.
Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Reactions: mk30
I just don't know what to think about this pitching situation. Why not have a planned bullpen game where 9 guys get an inning? Total rebuild coming next season. I hope.

Modugno Goes for innings and gives him zero runs. Good for him! I saw he still walked three and hit one better but as I check the score we are ahead 1 to 0 in the bottom of the fifth which is a far cry better than I thought we’d be at this point

Reactions: mk30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT