ADVERTISEMENT

IU opponents

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Five of the six teams that have defeated us this season are Top 20 nationally in scoring defense. Penn State is third nationally in scoring defense. Their D is averaging 11.89 ppg. We put up 24 on them. No one else so far this season, including Ohio State, has scored that many against PSU.

Can't wait to see what Carey and his guys are able to dial up against Illinois, Michigan State and Purdue. Let 'er rip, Rod!

Still hoping/praying for a bowl, but one game at a time. Gotta beat the Illini.

Go Hoosiers!

Should be a good game. They’re solid, and still playing for bowl eligibility like we are.

Hope we continue the solid play we’ve seen for a lot of the last two games.

Reactions: ESalum86
IU has played a brutal schedule, no doubt. However, the eggs laid versus Rutgers and Maryland, plus very lucky to win vs Akron have really defined this season. Hope the team can win-out, but I wouldn’t bet the house on it.

Reactions: ESalum86
IU has played a brutal schedule, no doubt. However, the eggs laid versus Rutgers and Maryland, plus very lucky to win vs Akron have really defined this season. Hope the team can win-out, but I wouldn’t bet the house on it.
Agree. If we had creamed Akron and lost well-played or won poorly-played nail-biters to Rutgers and Maryland, I would feel much differently about the last 2 weeks.

That said, I think Allen deservedly saves his job for now if he wins out playing good football.

The way we played AKR the week before MD, it wouldn’t have mattered when we played MD.
We definitely played a terrible game vs Akron. My point is we're playing much better now than we were then, and Maryland is playing much worse.

Welp--that aged well.
I bet you're a lot of fun to hang out with...
I'll stand by what I said. A month ago that game is a 45-13 IU loss. If the defense executes better on a couple of key plays, or the offense doesn't turn the ball over twice in the 2nd half I think we're celebrating an (ugly) IU win.

Plus, it's not like Maryland looked like world beaters against a mediocre Nebraska team.

I bet you're a lot of fun to hang out with...
I'll stand by what I said. A month ago that game is a 45-13 IU loss. If the defense executes better on a couple of key plays, or the offense doesn't turn the ball over twice in the 2nd half I think we're celebrating an (ugly) IU win.

Plus, it's not like Maryland looked like world beaters against a mediocre Nebraska team.
A win is a win. And you are right—I am a lot of fun to hang out with. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT