ADVERTISEMENT

It has begun…

Jan 18, 2021
With the news that the Big Ten and SEC are taking it upon themselves to put together an advisory board to address a College athletic issues, the power grab is underway. Clearly, both conferences, and to some degree the other power four conferences, have been flexing their muscles over the years. Yet, this looks to be the true powers of college athletics letting the NCAA know that they won’t be dictated to moving forward. I think they will still keep themselves under the NCAA umbrella to avoid ample liability issues if they were to completely separate themselves, but this foreshadows a very different future for college athletics.

I would love to see them move out from under the NCAA as that organization isn't very good any more. There aren't clear cut rules and no consistency ruling on the on school's transgression IE NC avoiding any penalty for players not taking summer school but getting credit and grades.

Last edited:
I would love to see them move out from under the NCAA as that organization isn't very good any more. There are clear cut rules and no consistency ruling on the on school's transgression IE NC avoiding any penalty for players not taking summer school but getting credit and grades.
I agree with you if the assumption is that all that is relevant moving forward. I don’t think it will be. I think the NCAA is about to become a shell of itself because the schools are going to simply say if you just shut up then you can profit due to the security you provide. If you get out of line we are taking all the money because the TV deals go where we choose.

I’m torn as someone that likes the amateurism and the parody it can provide, but is over the NCAA just screwing up again and again.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT