ADVERTISEMENT

It’s spring dammit!

Circlejoe

All-Big Ten
Sep 26, 2001
I have to say it’s a bit depressing reading this board lately. It’s springtime! Even with you heathens back in the Midwest should finally be celebrating! Get your winter white asses out in the sun and enjoy life a bit. Let go of the courtrooms, the war rooms, and the newsrooms and get your butts outside and enjoy! Listen to good music, drink good whiskey, and play some golf.

I have to say it’s a bit depressing reading this board lately. It’s springtime! Even with you heathens back in the Midwest should finally be celebrating! Get your winter white asses out in the sun and enjoy life a bit. Let go of the courtrooms, the war rooms, and the newsrooms and get your butts outside and enjoy! Listen to good music, drink good whiskey, and play some golf.

Already played about 10 rounds.... What you want from me? Lol

Me too. Playing at Oak Meadow in Evansville and just joined Bloomington Country Club too.

Our neighbor lady told her brother she saw me out last weekend washing our cars and push mowing our 1 acre yard. She asked him if something was wrong with me. 😂

You totally done with Vic?

You totally done with Vic?
Yes me and all my buddies quit at same time. I played the day after tax season in I think 2021 with a friend. Probably less than 6 people on the course and few cars in parking lot. After round we sit down to order a meal. We were only ones in restaurant area and there was a full staff. They told us without reservations we couldn’t be served.

My buddy and I stuck around long enough to play a member member tournament at Ballyhack then quit.

They don’t want local members. They want you to fly in and stay in the cottages. Their model won’t work.

Reactions: twenty02
Yes me and all my buddies quit at same time. I played the day after tax season in I think 2021 with a friend. Probably less than 6 people on the course and few cars in parking lot. After round we sit down to order a meal. We were only ones in restaurant area and there was a full staff. They told us without reservations we couldn’t be served.

My buddy and I stuck around long enough to play a member member tournament at Ballyhack then quit.

They don’t want local members. They want you to fly in and stay in the cottages. Their model won’t work.

I had heard as much. Along with some loony prices at Dormie where they were charging like $1100/pp/day to stay in their cabins. It was all inclusive food and booze... But they were even charging that to the Dormie Club members. So what's the point of paying for the membership?

Your best post in history

I had heard as much. Along with some loony prices at Dormie where they were charging like $1100/pp/day to stay in their cabins. It was all inclusive food and booze... But they were even charging that to the Dormie Club members. So what's the point of paying for the membership?

That’s not right. Dormie charges like $250-$300/pp/day. It’s all expensable.

NC is such a great course. Ballyhack is hard af. Need to get to Vic this year

It’s been doing fine and they are building another one or two courses right now. I enjoy it for work purposes. But you need a local club.

Golf league is back up and running. Golf with the boys from work almost every weekend.

Life is good.

It’s been doing fine and they are building another one or two courses right now. I enjoy it for work purposes. But you need a local club.
How do you know it’s working well? Money is no object with the family.

I was spending $30,000 a year at Vic and I had buddies that did a lot of entertaining and spent triple and more what I spent. Makes no sense to run those people off.

I still think it won’t work long term unless the family don’t care about the losses. They do have “I don’t give a sh!t money”.

New for 2024 supposedly, was told they were going to an all inclusive model this year and it was about that $1k/day/pp for unlimited golf lodging food and drink.

The fees are crazy. That’s their model. They constructed enough cottages on each property to house enough players for 60 rounds a day. They want no more rounds than 60 a day.

New for 2024 supposedly, was told they were going to an all inclusive model this year and it was about that $1k/day/pp for unlimited golf lodging food and drink.
Do you think it will work? I’ve played all the courses. Vic is great. The rest aren’t anything I buying a plane ticket to fly in and then spend $1,000 per day.

Jesus man, self propelled mowers have been around for decades now
Sorry the mower I bought is a self propelled. I paid $1700. I consider it push mowing because I am walking. Lol. Also the terrain is hilly. I have a feeling the guy who’s been mowing is going to get his job back.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Wasn’t impressed by Ballyhack or The Dormie Club in NC.

Found one of the investors

Jesus man, self propelled mowers have been around for decades now
If you need a self propelled mower just by a rider.

Pu$$y

Do you think it will work? I’ve played all the courses. Vic is great. The rest aren’t anything I buying a plane ticket to fly in and then spend $1,000 per day.

I dunno. I mean all inclusive that's probably not crazy more I think of it.

Sorry the mower I bought is a self propelled. I paid $1700. I consider it push mowing because I am walking. Lol. Also the terrain is hilly. I have a feeling the guy who’s been mowing is going to get his job back.

I bought a self propelled push mower at Lowes four seasons ago for $300. Best $300 I ever spent. My yard is tiny, sure, but I hate to mow with a passion and I'm physically to the point that the drive assistance was really appreciated. Used it for two seasons. Then...

I've mentioned my Mexican neighbors. Good people, barely spoke any English, but we were friendly and waved and spoke briefly from time to time. The elderly lady of the house died in 21 from Covid (unvaccinated). The middle aged son died in 22 from a fast cancer. The elderly man died last year from a fast cancer himself.

After the son died, another younger family member with a stereotypical Mexican landscaping business came over to mow the old man's grass, and did mine as well. When I next saw him, I waved him over and asked what I could pay him for mowing. He said "No no Mr. Mark, you've been nice to my family. I will mow your lawn, no charge." I shrugged and thanked him, but made a point to have a case of beer on hand to give him every time he did it. He said it wasn't necessary, but took it anyway. That practice carried through all last year.

This year, he started in again (another relative had moved into the place after the old man died). I again waved him down and again offered to pay. He again refused. So I said that I'd have a case of beer for him next time he came by. To that he replied "No, Mr. Mark, I don't want any more beer. You do not need to do that. I think I'm going to start Double A very soon."

I may never have to use that mower again.

I can skip the golf

The fees are crazy. That’s their model. They constructed enough cottages on each property to house enough players for 60 rounds a day. They want no more rounds than 60 a day.

Sounds like it is that model now. If you play two rounds per day, you can easily come out ahead. If you are playing a single round, it would be difficult.

IIRC, most of the time the lodging was ~$250/per, rounds were $250-$350 per, and then we'd have a breakfast and nice dinner onsite. I'd go through 5-6 slushies, a few gatorades, etc. I'd hope they aren't charging you for all of the shit in the houses, which we threw back plenty before on those as well. I wonder if cigars are included?

I don't think it's that big of a difference for me, since I travel there on work boondoggles, but I can get how it wouldn't work for personal use unless you can play 36 holes.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT