ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Kentucky? Kissin cousins, and so much more...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So is Dr Oz running for the Senate in PA or KY? I mean if you're going to launch a carpetbag campaign for a US Senate seat, shouldn't you read the room regarding the particular state? This might not cause anyone to bat an eye in Kentucky or West VA... But PA??

Question for anyone reading... Do you refer to 2nd cousins or higher as "cousin"? I'm not sure I even know who my second cousins are.

Anyway audio has surfaced of Oz on a radio show saying that incest beyond a first cousin isn't really incest. Now this is in response to a caller that used the term "cousin", so it strikes me as weird for Oz to assume he wasn't talking about a first cousin. I only call my first cousin's "cousin", so I assume that's what the guy meant.

But aside from that, is what Oz says sound medical/mental advice for a "Dr" to give? I'll link the clip sans any political commentary so you can hear what he said unfiltered. But it seems strange that people who are hugely upset that trans people play sports would shrug this type of relationship between cousins off as "no big deal"...This is just pretty bizarre, all the way around...

This race will likely be closer than many (myself included) believe it should be, and the same will likely be true in GA. But you've got to wonder about the common sense of people who don't do some sort of self filtering of their history prior to launching a campaign like this. I mean if as some have suggested Oz was always planning for a political career, you've got to think that discretion would have caused him to be a little more careful when discussing this sort of topic. It's like Herschel railing at absentee fathers, when he's got (at least) 3 illegitimate kids of his own (including a 40 yr old) running around...

The same was true of Dem Cal Cunningham's blown race in NC in 2020, when he not only engaged in an affair with a married woman during his campaign, but sent texts to a woman who shared them with media. It lasted less than a month (July 2020) and amounted to essentially a 1 night stand and it ended what could have been a promising career and at the very least cost him a Senate seat. Seems way beyond human "failings". Almost personally self destructive...

Does Ronnie D approve? I mean he was in PA campaigning for Oz 2 weeks ago...

Pat Toomey really did the country and PA a disservice by retiring and allowing these two clowns to duke it out.

Democrats embrace of Fetterman however is troubling. Oz may be a carpetbagger and another celebrity politician but he has at least achieved throughout his life. Son of lower middle class immigrants he rose to incredible heights on nothing but his own hard work and ingenuity. Harvard Magna Cum Laude, UPENN MD and MBA, Professor Emeritus at Columbia. Hugely successful career as a heart surgeon, television host and professor.

To put it in the kindest of terms, Fetterman is a ****ing loser. A deadbeat who lived off his parents until his mid 40’s and dresses up as a working man for fun despite his upbringing being far more affluent than that of Oz. Fetterman also spent years collecting degrees, albeit with the ultimate goal of becoming a mayor of an 1800 person town that actually LOST people while he was in office talking about how planting gardens outside of steel mills will bring jobs back or some such nonsense. That is all before you account for the fact that he is now incapacitated and who knows how long or if he will ever recover.

This race is emblematic of democrats war on successful people. OZ is successful so he must be bad, Fetterman hasn’t achieved anything in his life so he must be noble. It’s a disease that the party is riddled with. Oz is evidence of the American dream, Democrats think that dream is dead.

I will be really disappointed in the people of PA if they vote in this absolute waste of space.

Last edited:
Fetterman has agreed to debate. The internal polling must show that the Biden basement routine isn't working. Oz will win. He just needs to embrace the MAGA crowd. It's the only reason he isn't up by 5+.

Oz will win. He just needs to embrace the MAGA crowd.
He did that, to win the primary.

Then he scrubbed the website of all those views and has been pretending to be a moderate.

Are people dumb enough to fall for it?

O

Then he scrubbed the website of all those views and has been pretending to be a moderate.

Oz has touted homeopathy, the idea that a liquid like water can have memory of a medicine that was once in it and cure people. So maybe his website having once had that info is a homeopathic website. Just the memory of the election being a fraud will be enough.

Fetterman has agreed to debate. The internal polling must show that the Biden basement routine isn't working. Oz will win. He just needs to embrace the MAGA crowd. It's the only reason he isn't up by 5+.
Oz has not led a single poll. Ever. There are 33 days until the election and Fetterman has a 6 point lead.

Reactions: cosmickid

You're talking about the MAGA crowd here.

Pat Toomey really did the country and PA a disservice by retiring and allowing these two clowns to duke it out.

Democrats embrace of Fetterman however is troubling. Oz may be a carpetbagger and another celebrity politician but he has at least achieved throughout his life. Son of lower middle class immigrants he rose to incredible heights on nothing but his own hard work and ingenuity. Harvard Magna Cum Laude, UPENN MD and MBA, Professor Emeritus at Columbia. Hugely successful career as a heart surgeon, television host and professor.

To put it in the kindest of terms, Fetterman is a ****ing loser. A deadbeat who lived off his parents until his mid 40’s and dresses up as a working man for fun despite his upbringing being far more affluent than that of Oz. Fetterman also spent years collecting degrees, albeit with the ultimate goal of becoming a mayor of an 1800 person town that actually LOST people while he was in office talking about how planting gardens outside of steel mills will bring jobs back or some such nonsense. That is all before you account for the fact that he is now incapacitated and who knows how long or if he will ever recover.

This race is emblematic of democrats war on successful people. OZ is successful so he must be bad, Fetterman hasn’t achieved anything in his life so he must be noble. It’s a disease that the party is riddled with. Oz is evidence of the American dream, Democrats think that dream is dead.

I will be really disappointed in the people of PA if they vote in this absolute waste of space.
Hey! That’s me!

Oz has not led a single poll. Ever. There are 33 days until the election and Fetterman has a 6 point lead.
We will see. I’ve learned these past few years not to prognosticate on elections.

The biggest problem for Oz……. Shapiro is going to stomp Mastriano. You’re relying on a lot of split tickets if you’re Oz pull this thing out.

It’s the same reason I think Herschel had a punchers chance in GA. They really like Kemp, and Walker might just be able to ride his coattails.

I’ve seen plenty of polls with Oz as close as 2 points.

Oh well, we will all know in a month or so.

I think you're neglecting to mention Fetterman's degrees from Albright, MBA from UConn, and MA from Harvard. What do you consider "success"? I suppose it's the mirage of Trump and his grift and Oz with his own.

Wealth does not = Success.

We will see. I’ve learned these past few years not to prognosticate on elections.

The biggest problem for Oz……. Shapiro is going to stomp Mastriano. You’re relying on a lot of split tickets if you’re Oz pull this thing out.

It’s the same reason I think Herschel had a punchers chance in GA. They really like Kemp, and Walker might just be able to ride his coattails.

I’ve seen plenty of polls with Oz as close as 2 points.

Oh well, we will all know in a month or so.
Yes, we will see. But to say "Oz will win" is silly.

And the betting markets, which have shifted in WI and some in Ohio to reflect GOP gains have remained steady as well. That's a key...

I do think NV may be a problem, because people I trust who are knowledgeable feel Cortez Masto is not the type of campaigner who can survive this kind of race. She isn't out front on legislation, and has sort of been content to just do her job and not make a name for herself. When your opponent is as well known with the family history of Laxalt, that isn't going to cut it in a race where you need to be able to inspire people and maximize turnout...

Reactions: DrHoops
I think you're neglecting to mention Fetterman's degrees from Albright, MBA from UConn, and MA from Harvard. What do you consider "success"? I suppose it's the mirage of Trump and his grift and Oz with his own.

Wealth does not = Success.
I mean seriously, people who should know better keep pushing this line that because Fetterman chose to work (for the good of his adopted town) for very little pay, then somehow he is a "leech". It's an elitist snob attitude from people who try to pretend they aren't snobs, and it's more the centrist right types on the board than the absolute wingnuts.

I mean when you search you tube for Fetterman Ted there are currently 4 separate videos of talks he presented from 2012-13 in NYC and Pittsburgh. The idea that somehow a grifter like Oz is a "better person" because he extorted huge sums of money from gullible members of his tv viewing audience, sounds so stupid you almost think that they have to be trolling.

This is especially enlightening, as far as his own background...

• Love
Reactions: Noodle and DrHoops
I mean seriously, people who should know better keep pushing this line that because Fetterman chose to work (for the good of his adopted town) for very little pay, then somehow he is a "leech". It's an elitist snob attitude from people who try to pretend they aren't snobs, and it's more the centrist right types on the board than the absolute wingnuts.

I mean when you search you tube for Fetterman Ted there are currently 4 separate videos of talks he presented from 2012-13 in NYC and Pittsburgh. The idea that somehow a grifter like Oz is a "better person" because he extorted huge sums of money from gullible members of his tv viewing audience, sounds so stupid you almost think that they have to be trolling.

This is especially enlightening, as far as his own background...

Well, we just have to pity these people. After all, they get their news from Facebook.

And the betting markets, which have shifted in WI and some in Ohio to reflect GOP gains have remained steady as well. That's a key...

I do think NV may be a problem, because people I trust who are knowledgeable feel Cortez Masto is not the type of campaigner who can survive this kind of race. She isn't out front on legislation, and has sort of been content to just do her job and not make a name for herself. When your opponent is as well known with the family history of Laxalt, that isn't going to cut it in a race where you need to be able to inspire people and maximize turnout...
Betting markets current odds do not reflect a prediction - they adjust to keep the payouts somewhat even. That is not a prediction but rather a balancing based on how much money is coming in on each side.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Betting markets current odds do not reflect a prediction - they adjust to keep the payouts somewhat even. That is not a prediction but rather a balancing based on how much money is coming in on each side.
I don't dispute anything you say. But the point is that while they've adjusted their odds to make people like Johnson and Laxalt the betting favorites in states like WI and NV, respectively they haven't felt the need to do the same in PA despite the narrowing of some polls.

In PA, Oz will have to overcome some pretty significantly underwater popularity numbers, as well as rely on a huge amount of ticket splitting from people who vote Shapiro for Governor. He's narrowed the gap in the polls, but he's never led, and that's why the betting markets (still) don't see him as a favorite.

I don't dispute anything you say. But the point is that while they've adjusted their odds to make people like Johnson and Laxalt the betting favorites in states like WI and NV, respectively they haven't felt the need to do the same in PA despite the narrowing of some polls.

In PA, Oz will have to overcome some pretty significantly underwater popularity numbers, as well as rely on a huge amount of ticket splitting from people who vote Shapiro for Governor. He's narrowed the gap in the polls, but he's never led, and that's why the betting markets (still) don't see him as a favorite.
Is Fetterman in favor of Cap and Trade?

Then again, someone around here said Oz should adopt more of the MAGA platform, so this may actually help.
Seems a lot of similarities between Oz and Peterson- both major league grifters. And the one thing you used to be able to say about TV Oz, was that the idea of standing and speaking in front of Hitler's car or having anything to do with people representing someone like Gaetz was that the whole idea would be anathema to him...

Btw, Fetterman did an interview on Brian Tyler Cohen, just published today. He's coming along really well for someone who suffered a stroke basically 5 months ago. Struggles for the correct word at times, but the vocab is there and you can see the underlying intelligence despite some issues with the speech pattern.

I was actually mistakenly thinking the PA debate was this week as I watched, and came away thinking he seemed pretty solid. When I double checked and saw it's not till Oct 25, I'm even more confidant he'll be fine.

Seems a lot of similarities between Oz and Peterson- both major league grifters. And the one thing you used to be able to say about TV Oz, was that the idea of standing and speaking in front of Hitler's car or having anything to do with people representing someone like Gaetz was that the whole idea would be anathema to him...

Btw, Fetterman did an interview on Brian Tyler Cohen, just published today. He's coming along really well for someone who suffered a stroke basically 5 months ago. Struggles for the correct word at times, but the vocab is there and you can see the underlying intelligence despite some issues with the speech pattern.

I was actually mistakenly thinking the PA debate was this week as I watched, and came away thinking he seemed pretty solid. When I double checked and saw it's not till Oct 25, I'm even more confidant he'll be fine.

Is Katie Hobbs a racist?

Are conservative Jews going to split their tickets and vote for Oz? Mastriano is really playing to the anti Semites out loud, and I'm thinking that's going to do collateral damage to Oz in Philly and esp Pittsburgh in the wake of the massacre that people still remember. Doug's trying to do his best to throw out the dog whistles discreetly, but he really isn't clever enough to manage it and attack Shapiro without offending normal people. Even people who consider themselves pro-GOP or lean GOP Independents...

"In a closely divided state where races are often won on the margins, Mastriano is now losing ground with a small but significant part of the Donald Trump coalition, squandering opportunities with more conservative and religiously observant Jews who embraced the former president and his party because of his often-hawkish stance concerning Israel but who now express grave reservations about Mastriano.

This past summer, Mastriano’s campaign came under scrutiny for paying $5,000 to far-right social media platform Gab. The man accused of perpetrating the Pittsburgh shooting had posted antisemitic screeds on Gab, and Mastriano’s payment drew bipartisan condemnation. The platform’s founder, Andrew Torba, defended Mastriano and declared that “we’re not bending the knee to the 2% anymore,” an apparent reference to American Jewry.

Only after significant pressure did Mastriano release a statement saying that he rejected “antisemitism in any form,” appearing to leave the site and stressing that Torba did not speak for him.

But a late-September campaign finance report showed that Mastriano had accepted a $500 donation from Torba in July. His campaign did not respond when asked whether he planned to return the money, and he and his aides ignored a reporter’s shouted questions about the donation during an event on a recent Friday."

Are conservative Jews going to split their tickets and vote for Oz? Mastriano is really playing to the anti Semites out loud, and I'm thinking that's going to do collateral damage to Oz in Philly and esp Pittsburgh in the wake of the massacre that people still remember. Doug's trying to do his best to throw out the dog whistles discreetly, but he really isn't clever enough to manage it and attack Shapiro without offending normal people. Even people who consider themselves pro-GOP or lean GOP Independents...

"In a closely divided state where races are often won on the margins, Mastriano is now losing ground with a small but significant part of the Donald Trump coalition, squandering opportunities with more conservative and religiously observant Jews who embraced the former president and his party because of his often-hawkish stance concerning Israel but who now express grave reservations about Mastriano.

This past summer, Mastriano’s campaign came under scrutiny for paying $5,000 to far-right social media platform Gab. The man accused of perpetrating the Pittsburgh shooting had posted antisemitic screeds on Gab, and Mastriano’s payment drew bipartisan condemnation. The platform’s founder, Andrew Torba, defended Mastriano and declared that “we’re not bending the knee to the 2% anymore,” an apparent reference to American Jewry.

Only after significant pressure did Mastriano release a statement saying that he rejected “antisemitism in any form,” appearing to leave the site and stressing that Torba did not speak for him.

But a late-September campaign finance report showed that Mastriano had accepted a $500 donation from Torba in July. His campaign did not respond when asked whether he planned to return the money, and he and his aides ignored a reporter’s shouted questions about the donation during an event on a recent Friday."

Is Tim Ryan in favor of banning fracking on public lands?

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT