ADVERTISEMENT

Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

TDHoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2001
First off, IU basketball has caused me its last miserable night of this season for me. I really don't see another win outside of Maryland this year thus I will definitely not set aside 2-3 hours of my evening or weekend to partake. I'm not a fair weathered fan just a fan that has realized I can be more productive with that time and that production will lead to less stress over a team/program that is really in a bad place.

I have watched IU basketball for several decades and still try to remember one time when we didn't at least have one player on the team that could just go "find a bucket". Langford could to some degree, and wow wouldn't it be nice to have the freshman version of Romeo on the court last night? I remember looking back on his only year thinking he could have or should have been much better, but hell that version is way better than 90% of our team right now. We need players and honestly I don't see any "light at the end of this tunnel" when it comes to that for next year. JHS is good, but he will be a freshman playing with other players that are not to his caliber or at least appear not to be. I don't see any big guys on the horizon and that too is extremely problematic.

Coaching is another thing, I realize players make a world of difference but wow how bad was the play out of the last time out? Might be the worst drawn up debacle I've ever witnessed. This program has a lot of growing to do and this year is just not going to get better. There is always next year but unless we some higher grade talent walk through the door we will probably be looking at this same thing again next year and maybe even worse.

Oh well that is my little rant, March is going to be extremely long for me with out basketball, thinking of taking a trip south to hunt some Florida turkeys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News