ADVERTISEMENT

Is HS recruiting still important?

Considering the transfer portal? Noticing we are currently dead last in the B1G and our peer programs seem to be recruiting well on paper.

Quite frankly, I don't really care where HS recruiting is right now.

Either CTA develops his recruits to produce or he doesn't and he gets transfers players to produce or he doesn't. All that matters to me now is wins this fall.

I used to pine for recruits, but they end up transferring away. So I just want the wins and results, whoever wants to play at IU.

Anyone else feel that way?
I think schools start a recruiting year now with a plan to fill half the spots with high school and the other half with portal, then adjust as needs are are met.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
I think schools start a recruiting year now with a plan to fill half the spots with high school and the other half with portal, then adjust as needs are are met.
Class of 2024 commits signing after campus visits today,
can’t fill holes you don’t know you have until the season is over.
There’s not much time from the end of the season to the early signing date.
After the Purdue game, we needed a new QB for 1.
We were lucky to plug that hole from the portal.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Class of 2024 commits signing after campus visits today,
can’t fill holes you don’t know you have until the season is over.
There’s not much time from the end of the season to the early signing date.
After the Purdue game, we needed a new QB for 1.
We were lucky to plug that hole from the portal.
That hole is not plugged unless you have three healthy quarterbacks competing for playing time.

That hole is not plugged unless you have three healthy quarterbacks competing for playing time.
At QB we have three healthy athletes and Williams on IR.
None are proven … and none are locked in as the starter.
I would agree it’s not plugged from lack of experience.
I’m sure we would all prefer to have Ben Chappell, Tim Clifford,
or ever Payton Ramsey ‘in the bank’ as a returning starter.

Yup...and to think there were bitchers about PR arm strength...now if only we had him back we'd be successful...I like Texas QBs. Think Sorsby gets the nod for this season. TJ probably has more raw talent but will take a little longer to hone it.

Yup...and to think there were bitchers about PR arm strength...now if only we had him back we'd be successful...I like Texas QBs. Think Sorsby gets the nod for this season. TJ probably has more raw talent but will take a little longer to hone it.
Will TJ stay if he's not starter? We didn't recruit QB after he signed. I think he is the presumed starter. That's how it was with Bell last year.

Will TJ stay if he's not starter? We didn't recruit QB after he signed. I think he is the presumed starter. That's how it was with Bell last year.
If he doesn’t end up winning the job and doesn’t want to continue to fight, work hard, and earn the job….. would you want him to stay? This line of thinking holds you back from being successful. You should always have to compete for your position. Every single day. Play the best man, we can’t worry about what happens if so and so doesn’t win their job

If he doesn’t end up winning the job and doesn’t want to continue to fight, work hard, and earn the job….. would you want him to stay? This line of thinking holds you back from being successful.

He didn't think he could compete at TN. If he can't compete here, maybe he's just not very good?

I'm too lazy to look this up this afternoon but I'm pretty sure our quarterback room has a total of 10 attempted passes at the collegiate level.

I'm too lazy to look this up this afternoon but I'm pretty sure our quarterback room has a total of 10 attempted passes at the collegiate level.
So?

Penix had zero when he got here.
Kellen Lewis had zero.

Playmakers play. You either got one or you don’t.

Yes, experience is eventually a good thing. But for now, give me a kid who thinks he can win and call him some plays he can remember and execute.

Sean Payton told Colin Cowherd multiple times that he wanted his QB to tell him before each game his top 3 plays he liked. They called those until they had a reason not to.

This ain't brain surgery. Let your guys play!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT